Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

I just realized Violinist of Hameln would have fit into this category. Darnit. This probably would have been my only chance to submit that show (still probably would have lost).

First two eps of Nodame down. Not... totally in love with any of the characters yet. It kind of reminds me of Barakamon (like... a lot) minus the cute loli to steal the show. Still the comedy is spot-on and had me laughing out loud and the classical music, especially the piano stuff, is heavenly.

I'm currently sitting on 70% of my Nodame Cantabile download.

Just coming in to say that the OP of Nodame Cantabile just clicks with me so much.

Probably because it reminds me of the past, but god I don't get tired of it.

The OP is fantastic. The reason why I got interested in Nodame was because I heard the OP in "Noitamina Fan Best"-album and took a liking to it immediately.

Finally managed to start this today.

First impressions are really positive, i love the chemistry and the dynamic between the two MCs.

Aslo thank god no Highschool settings.

The comedy's pretty good too.

I feel like KimiUso took inspiration from this :P

Overall excited to continue, feels like a fresh series.

The OP is fantastic. The reason why I got interested in Nodame was because I heard the OP in "Noitamina Fan Best"-album and took a liking to it immediately.

I'm glad you agree. I don't remember how many years it has been, but it left such a strong impression on me that after all those years, it still plays occasionally in my mind.

Also, thank god for the decent download speed. I can participate.

6 episodes in, I've grown to like this face (。・//ε//・。)

Nodame is such a cheerful character, I absolutely love her.

No holding back, she's always her airheaded self, it's fun to watch her mess with Chiaki.

The two of them form such a cute pair.

She kind of reminds me of Noe from True Tears, except much better :makina:

TO BE FAIR, Noe from True Tears had her weird quirks and the anime slapped her in the face, Nodame however is weird in a good way and the anime does her a lot of justice.

I absolutely adore characters that are straightforward about their feelings and Nodame is pretty much the embodiment of that.

Actually, now that I think about it more, Nodame reminds me the most about Marika from Nisekoi, she imposes herself on Chiaki all the time without considering his feelings and even calls herself his girlfriend/wife.

Isn't that just pure cuteness.

Also would like to mention Chiaki as a protagonist is fairly entertaining to see as well, his development is well paced and it's interesting to see someone in a music anime who's not focused on playing an instrument but rather wants to conduct an entire orchestra. I think that's a cool goal.

Concert in episode 7 was some pretty epic stuff. The ending was cute too <3 Such a natural relationship progression is nice to see.

13 episodes in.

This series just keeps getting better and better.

The music themes are really well executed and they really help the plot come together. There's many musical moments that last more than a few minutes and on top of all this music there's really good characterization in the main cast, it's interesting to see them all find their different paths and fight for them.

Nodame and Chiaki... just... best freaking couple, that's all I have to say.

It's so nice seeing characters being themselves and openly having fun, no awkward moments you often see with highschool shows, just continuous character development.

This show just has a really good vibe throughout, I'm really happy it was chosen.

I hope to finish it in a couple days.

I almost instinctively started clapping at end of the concert in episode 7, it was that good. I hit my hands together and then I realized that I'm not in real concert, but watching anime at home. It felt kind of weird.

The humor is amazing, I like how the characters are pretty weird, but not so weird that they would feel stupid or annoying. The balance is really good.

And I love all the weird reactions Nodame makes, it's so endearing.