Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Sigh my up on the next cycle too. But I don't have an recommendation. I have no clue what to pick. I am dropping out of the seasonal cycle too. I don't like Death Parade so I am dropping it. I don't watch animes I don't like. I know the 3 - 4 episode rule. But this is just wrong from the beginning.

Time to review True Tears. A short review because I forgot it.

Story 7/10

I think True Tears was decent. You have to do some research before you watch something or you would't understand it. I think the story was ok. it had its flaws and good moments. it was a show you watch once and never again. It doesn't bring anything special I think. But the torture Noe wen through was painful. She is a strong character who doesn't get anything of it.

Characters 5/10

I think Noe was the best character but I liked Ai-chan the most. Red eyes. I think they all had a decent amount of time. I felt Noe was the star of the anime. Hiromi was nothing special for about 10 episodes. I hated Shin's family with a passion. They weren't understanding at all. the father was clueless and the mother mean most of the time.

Soundtrack 8/10

The singer which sang Mag Mell from Clannad sings the OP. Feelings. The opening is so good. No regrets. Glad I heard it again. But the rest of the sountrack was alright I think. Nothing memorable or special pops up in my mind.

Art Style 7/10

The art is good. Nothing to complain about. The faces may be a bit pale sometimes.

Enjoyment/Overall 7/10

I enjoyed the anime most of my time. I felt like dropping it half way but I decided to watch it to the end. A good anime. I think it was watchable. I don't regret anything. It is an anime you watch and enjoy but never feel like you have to rewatch it.

Look at all the anime I've seen.  (Hey, sounds familiar).  Not a problem though because I like all of them.  

If we wanna go for the 3 EVA movies that's a valid option but it's separate from the original series so someone has to use it as their recommendation.  I would imagine most people have seen it though. 

Sigh my up on the next cycle too. But I don't have an recommendation. I have no clue what to pick. I am dropping out of the seasonal cycle too. I don't like Death Parade so I am dropping it. I don't watch animes I don't like. I know the 3 - 4 episode rule. But this is just wrong from the beginning.

wait we can drop, why was i not aware of this for true tears! I would of been out of there before episode one.

Look at all the anime I've seen.  (Hey, sounds familiar).  Not a problem though because I like all of them.  

If we wanna go for the 3 EVA movies that's a valid option but it's separate from the original series so someone has to use it as their recommendation.  I would imagine most people have seen it though. 

I haven't even watched Evangelion yet... I don't know how that's even possible.

Mods help plz I'm being bullied :vinty:

Also I can't vote for Evangelion in that poll :vinty:

Well, let's go with MawaPen then, nothing can go wrong with that.

Interesting scenario the global mods bullying each other. Who is stepping up then? :D

Yes you can drop things. It is pretty easy to do that. But in my opinion it is easier to drop the seasonal anime because who the hell want to wait a week for a bad episode of something you don't like. 

>Genre is psychological

>Expects happy fun times

:vinty:

Sole reason I didn't vote Jigoku Shoujo is because i've already seen it, but i definitely recommend it to anyone and i have no problems rewatching it, it's a great show and rather than define it as depressing it, it's more of a strange adventure that causes a lot of mixed feelings.

Ok, changed my mind, Nosebleed used to word depressing, so Its all aboard the  Selector Infected Train!

>Madoka clone

>Expects cheerful anime

:wahaha:

>Genre is psychological

>Expects happy fun times

Well Mawapen has a lot of hilarious moments and heartwarming ones too. Although it's not devoid of drama.

I finished it a few days ago.. and I'll do the review based on what I remember, though perhaps some details/support I use may be wrong.. but at this point I don't really care, lol.  Here are my personal thoughts on it.  Warning: Kind of long and possibly crazy.

Story 8/10

In terms of the romance, love triangle and conclusion.. I'd give it about a 6 because it was really weird & annoying with Noe's chicken story and then everyone not being honest which caused unnecessary hurt feelings everywhere.  However, if I were to read more deeply into the message of the story that I think it's trying to give us, I think overall it's a very interesting story that's told in a somewhat unique way.  I believe there was a lot of metaphors going on that you had to try and make sense of to really understand the characters better, such as how they constantly bring up the Chicken Storybook and True Tears.  There's also many hints into what the characters say and their actions... so I think things were put in there for a reason.

My interpretation on their meanings may be different from what others think it means.. but here is what I personally think:

The Chicken Story and True Tears

-Noe talks about how she wants to recover her True Tears.  She believes Shin has the potential to fly and help her find what she's lost.  She keeps giving him berries -> which symbolizes Shin as the Chicken trying to fly in his storybook, and how she views him.  What she says about the chicken, actually is what she thinks of Shin.  She believes he has the 'Potential' to fly but that he doesn't believe in himself to make that choice.  Later on when she finds out his heart truly belonged to Hiromi.. it hinted deep down that she knew he was supposed to be with Hiromi instead.  She says to Shin, "You can fly, but just not here."

-As the romance story plays out, the way the chicken in the storybook acts, it parallels how Shin acts.  I believe when he chose to write the story as 'not being able to fly' it showed his inner self at the time, not believing in himself nor could he achieve/do what he really wanted (being free to be honest with his true feelings -> and only this way, could he shed True Tears).  All the situations he's been in so far, he has gone through the motions not really being able to actually make his own choices -> such as the Dancing act, Hiromi, and going out with Noe (remember, her brother pretty much forced Shin to go out with her through the deal they made.. he never actually made the choice fully out of his own free will nor was he truly ready.. this can be seen when he tries to convince himself before he dates her).

-When Shin witnesses Noe trying to get the Chicken to fly over the beach... he realizes that the Chicken in the story was himself.  That's why he got all dark xD, and started acting like a chicken making those noises, lol.  He tells himself that he Can change the story, and that he must because he has to start making his own choices.  When the Chicken Story changes into being able to Fly, this mirrors in his actions on the outside because he's finally able to believe/be confident and go for what he actually wants and feels.  This shows in his actions afterwards as he tries to be more true to himself, choosing to do the Dance seriously, and then facing Noe about his feelings for Hiromi and for her.

-Therefore, he needed to show Noe the Chicken Storybook.  When he's finally able to do this, they come to an understanding without really having to explain anything in detail.. He loves Hiromi as the one in his heart, but he also loves Noe for helping him change for the better and she has importance in his life (made him write the storybook).

-Could also see it as Shin finally being able to fly, be true, and he's able to even shed True Tears for Noe. Which you could later read into further as to why Noe was able to cry in the end too.  Or another way to view it is that Noe was able to move on, face her feelings, and able to also shed True Tears.  So Shin also helped her mature for the better by believing in her.  In the end, despite everything, she was able to receive what she had lost.. so that can't really be a bad thing in my opinion.

There are more hints and stuff... like how Noe commented to Hiromi, what 'beautiful tears' she had, etc.. but I won't get into them xD since I probably already sound bit crazy in my views.

Overall, I think the 'other' deeper story it's trying to tell was quite nice.  That theme seemed to be told in every character -> To be able to fly, one needs to be true to oneself and one's feelings before they can truly fly (being confident, and believing in oneself).. I believe in the end, everyone was able to do this, and therefore, had somewhat of a happy ending of their own.  So I guess by viewing it this way, I couldn't despise any of the characters.  Every character grew in their own way, being more true to themselves.

I gave it an 8 though... because it gives mixed messages to everyone I think. The chicken story itself, was purely annoying to watch xD and bizarre unless you have your own way of making sense of it.

Characters 7/10

I gave this a higher score, mostly because I enjoy characters like this in anime.  They just come off more realistic to me, and the pacing of getting to know more about them was nice.  What the characters did can be bad, but I think that's just what made them interesting to watch because they're human, not perfect.. they're emotional messes, lol.. but they try.

Honestly, I don't think I really liked any of the characters overall except Miyokichi xD. He was the best.

At first I thought Aiko was horrible for what she did to Miyokichi.. but at least she learned and changed for the better.  So I no longer despised her.

Shin turned Aiko down the proper way so -claps-... I'm glad it didn't turn into another School Days xD.

Seems a lot of people Hate Hiromi... but I think because I can understand why she did the things she did.. I don't hate her. Sure, some of her actions were wrong, but she had good reason to do them as well.  I found her to be very straightforward about how she felt towards the end very refreshing.  I do think Hiromi & Shin truly loved each other from the bottom of their hearts, so it's probably for the best they did end up together in the end.  I'm not really interested in forcing romances, so although I feel bad for Noe, I personally think it's better that way.  At least she was able to get a straight answer and move on to find someone else who would truly love her.  The reason I believe Hiromi was the one Shin truly loved was because I personally saw many hints about how Shin really felt throughout the anime.

... I don't really have anything against Noe, but geez she was weird with the chicken & tears obsession.

I said I didn't despise anyone in particular... but I did dislike Noe's older brother the most. I think he forced the whole love triangle and complicated things for his own selfishness that he couldn't face.  If he hadn't forced the deal, Shin probably would have had more time to figure out how he really felt instead of jumping into a relationship prematurely.  But I guess it's not a guarantee he would have figured himself out on his own either.  Seeing as to how everyone hates on the girls, blaming them....  if I did hate anyone in the anime, it'd actually be the two guys, Shin, and Noe's older brother.

The only people I'd possibly be interested in befriending IRL would probably be Aiko or Miyokichi xD but they were only side characters

Soundtrack 10/10

I'm not really too picky about music.. I liked the opening song and movie so I'll give it a 10 xD.

Art Style 7/10

I liked the art. I gave it a lower score just because it looks a little on the older side, but it's still good.

Enjoyment/Overall 7.5/10

I enjoyed watching it to the end, and wasn't bored since it kept me wondering how they'd solve/end things. Some parts did irk me though on how the characters acted.  I didn't give it a higher score because I was only able to enjoy it overall by reading more deeply into the metaphors/hints.  If I were to just purely judge on a surface level about what happened, I would not have enjoyed it as much probably.

Thanks NB for picking this anime. I enjoyed it overall.

Episode 1 impressions:

This is less an impression on episode one and more how I feel about the series so far.

Firstly the MC looks like a brown haired Madoka, who after being told of the magical power of the card she can have all her wishes come true, but she doesn't have any (Madoka?).

The battles feel a lot like Black Rock Shooter, in the sense that their LRIG is almost sort of inner them, a matured them.

Even from the first episode, it feels drowned in a subplot about the loss of female innocence and growing up through puberty.

I expect we'll be seeing brutal scenes either happening to the LRIG or the girl "Selector". 

Despite the negative tone of this post, I think this might be really good, but its hard to shake the feeling, we've all watched this before

I finished it a few days ago.. and I'll do the review based on what I remember, though perhaps some details/support I use may be wrong.. but at this point I don't really care, lol.  Here are my personal thoughts on it.  Warning: Kind of long and possibly crazy.

Story 8/10

In terms of the romance, love triangle and conclusion.. I'd give it about a 6 because it was really weird & annoying with Noe's chicken story and then everyone not being honest which caused unnecessary hurt feelings everywhere.  However, if I were to read more deeply into the message of the story that I think it's trying to give us, I think overall it's a very interesting story that's told in a somewhat unique way.  I believe there was a lot of metaphors going on that you had to try and make sense of to really understand the characters better, such as how they constantly bring up the Chicken Storybook and True Tears.  There's also many hints into what the characters say and their actions... so I think things were put in there for a reason.

My interpretation on their meanings may be different from what others think it means.. but here is what I personally think:

The Chicken Story and True Tears

-Noe talks about how she wants to recover her True Tears.  She believes Shin has the potential to fly and help her find what she's lost.  She keeps giving him berries -> which symbolizes Shin as the Chicken trying to fly in his storybook, and how she views him.  What she says about the chicken, actually is what she thinks of Shin.  She believes he has the 'Potential' to fly but that he doesn't believe in himself to make that choice.  Later on when she finds out his heart truly belonged to Hiromi.. it hinted deep down that she knew he was supposed to be with Hiromi instead.  She says to Shin, "You can fly, but just not here."

-As the romance story plays out, the way the chicken in the storybook acts, it parallels how Shin acts.  I believe when he chose to write the story as 'not being able to fly' it showed his inner self at the time, not believing in himself nor could he achieve/do what he really wanted (being free to be honest with his true feelings -> and only this way, could he shed True Tears).  All the situations he's been in so far, he has gone through the motions not really being able to actually make his own choices -> such as the Dancing act, Hiromi, and going out with Noe (remember, her brother pretty much forced Shin to go out with her through the deal they made.. he never actually made the choice fully out of his own free will nor was he truly ready.. this can be seen when he tries to convince himself before he dates her).

-When Shin witnesses Noe trying to get the Chicken to fly over the beach... he realizes that the Chicken in the story was himself.  That's why he got all dark xD, and started acting like a chicken making those noises, lol.  He tells himself that he Can change the story, and that he must because he has to start making his own choices.  When the Chicken Story changes into being able to Fly, this mirrors in his actions on the outside because he's finally able to believe/be confident and go for what he actually wants and feels.  This shows in his actions afterwards as he tries to be more true to himself, choosing to do the Dance seriously, and then facing Noe about his feelings for Hiromi and for her.

-Therefore, he needed to show Noe the Chicken Storybook.  When he's finally able to do this, they come to an understanding without really having to explain anything in detail.. He loves Hiromi as the one in his heart, but he also loves Noe for helping him change for the better and she has importance in his life (made him write the storybook).

-Could also see it as Shin finally being able to fly, be true, and he's able to even shed True Tears for Noe. Which you could later read into further as to why Noe was able to cry in the end too.  Or another way to view it is that Noe was able to move on, face her feelings, and able to also shed True Tears.  So Shin also helped her mature for the better by believing in her.  In the end, despite everything, she was able to receive what she had lost.. so that can't really be a bad thing in my opinion.

There are more hints and stuff... like how Noe commented to Hiromi, what 'beautiful tears' she had, etc.. but I won't get into them xD since I probably already sound bit crazy in my views.

Overall, I think the 'other' deeper story it's trying to tell was quite nice.  That theme seemed to be told in every character -> To be able to fly, one needs to be true to oneself and one's feelings before they can truly fly (being confident, and believing in oneself).. I believe in the end, everyone was able to do this, and therefore, had somewhat of a happy ending of their own.  So I guess by viewing it this way, I couldn't despise any of the characters.  Every character grew in their own way, being more true to themselves.

I gave it an 8 though... because it gives mixed messages to everyone I think. The chicken story itself, was purely annoying to watch xD and bizarre unless you have your own way of making sense of it.

Characters 7/10

I gave this a higher score, mostly because I enjoy characters like this in anime.  They just come off more realistic to me, and the pacing of getting to know more about them was nice.  What the characters did can be bad, but I think that's just what made them interesting to watch because they're human, not perfect.. they're emotional messes, lol.. but they try.

Honestly, I don't think I really liked any of the characters overall except Miyokichi xD. He was the best.

At first I thought Aiko was horrible for what she did to Miyokichi.. but at least she learned and changed for the better.  So I no longer despised her.

Shin turned Aiko down the proper way so -claps-... I'm glad it didn't turn into another School Days xD.

Seems a lot of people Hate Hiromi... but I think because I can understand why she did the things she did.. I don't hate her. Sure, some of her actions were wrong, but she had good reason to do them as well.  I found her to be very straightforward about how she felt towards the end very refreshing.  I do think Hiromi & Shin truly loved each other from the bottom of their hearts, so it's probably for the best they did end up together in the end.  I'm not really interested in forcing romances, so although I feel bad for Noe, I personally think it's better that way.  At least she was able to get a straight answer and move on to find someone else who would truly love her.  The reason I believe Hiromi was the one Shin truly loved was because I personally saw many hints about how Shin really felt throughout the anime.

... I don't really have anything against Noe, but geez she was weird with the chicken & tears obsession.

I said I didn't despise anyone in particular... but I did dislike Noe's older brother the most. I think he forced the whole love triangle and complicated things for his own selfishness that he couldn't face.  If he hadn't forced the deal, Shin probably would have had more time to figure out how he really felt instead of jumping into a relationship prematurely.  But I guess it's not a guarantee he would have figured himself out on his own either.  Seeing as to how everyone hates on the girls, blaming them....  if I did hate anyone in the anime, it'd actually be the two guys, Shin, and Noe's older brother.

The only people I'd possibly be interested in befriending IRL would probably be Aiko or Miyokichi xD but they were only side characters

Soundtrack 10/10

I'm not really too picky about music.. I liked the opening song and movie so I'll give it a 10 xD.

Art Style 7/10

I liked the art. I gave it a lower score just because it looks a little on the older side, but it's still good.

Enjoyment/Overall 7.5/10

I enjoyed watching it to the end, and wasn't bored since it kept me wondering how they'd solve/end things. Some parts did irk me though on how the characters acted.  I didn't give it a higher score because I was only able to enjoy it overall by reading more deeply into the metaphors/hints.  If I were to just purely judge on a surface level about what happened, I would not have enjoyed it as much probably.

Thanks NB for picking this anime. I enjoyed it overall.

Was this season 1 or 2, trying to write with my eyes closed to avoid the spoilers.