Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Actually I was talking about b gata h kei. true tears doesn't look very good.

Really? Well, that is the point of the club, isn't it? To rate good and bad ones. Who knows might turn out alright.

moe time! I'm counting on you Nosebleed. I need cute girls doing cute things ~

So were watching True Tears and Death Parade? Sounds good to me.

I will make sure to bring moe!

Please do!!!

Finished ep 1 of True Tears.

Ah I love the charm of pre 2010 stuff.

It's just like going back to the basics. No pseudo deep plot elements, supernatural things, etc. Just your good old romantic drama.

Very simple series so far, but that's exactly how I like things, nothing too flashy/over the top like today's stuff.

The heroines all seem to have their own problems but their personalities weren't some generic archtype which was nice.

The protagonist wasn't annoying either, thankfully.

Overall, a nice first impression, nothing to complain as everything fit within my expectations, can't wait to see where the series goes.

Just finished episode 5

Things are picking up, the drama is real~

So far I'm really enjoying this show. The pacing is good, everything's well balanced, there's not too much or too little of anything. It's not a super intricate plot (it's pretty straightforward) but its simplicity is what I find charming. It just knows where it wants to go and doesn't deviate from that path. Props for that.

My favorite girl is still Noe. She's just naturally cute I guess. I like her personality the most.

Second favorite would be Aiko, I like her role of being kind of an outsider in comparison to the other girls, gives a nice different prespective (although it also kind of breaks my heart).

Least favorite girl would be Hiromi, I'm not really liking her personality that much although I'm starting to kind of see what's going on with her so I'm cutting her some slack now.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fact that the protagonist's male friend actually plays a relevant role on the story, that's something you rarely see nowadays.

I do not regret starting this anime, should have watched it long time ago, really a pleasant surprise~

Just finished episode 5

So far I'm really enjoying this show. The pacing is good, everything's well balanced, there's not too much or too little of anything. It's not a super intricate plot (it's pretty straightforward) but its simplicity is what I find charming. It just knows where it wants to go and doesn't deviate from that path. Props for that.

My favorite girl is still Noe. She's just naturally cute I guess. I like her personality the most.

Second favorite would be Aiko, I like her role of being kind of an outsider in comparison to the other girls, gives a nice different prespective (although it also kind of breaks my heart).

Least favorite girl would be Hiromi, I'm not really liking her personality that much although I'm starting to kind of see what's going on with her so I'm cutting her some slack now.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by the fact that the protagonist's male friend actually plays a relevant role on the story, that's something you rarely see nowadays.

I do not regret starting this anime, should have watched it long time ago, really a pleasant surprise~

Woah me too. I just finished episode 5 and am contemplating why I watched until 4:10AM. However, my favourite would be Aiko and then Noe.

I was right, true tears might've been good.

Just finished episode 5

Somehow I would use the exactly same words... BAKA!!! I feel really betrayed :P ... But it's like you say and now I now again why I liked that Anime so much.

Damn, you guys have way too much time on your hands  :amane:

You are the one guy from who I will not hear that... But just start it and you will not stop it before the end  ^_^

Finished episode 10.

Man the rollercoaster of emotions was real..

While this show is not making me cry it's definitely still tugging at my heart strings.

Poor Noe-chan

:(

But hey at least it's a good anime.

I don't really want to sleep but it's almost 6AM

Will watch the last 3 episodes tomorrow.

Watched episode 1 of Death Parade. It has the psychological theme of Madhouse. From the every episode it has no intentions of being soft as it directly goes into the dark side of things. The first episode has it's focus on a newly wed couple and all the troubles they have on their minds.

It is one of best shows this season.

Edit-

I also saw that it had an alternate version Death Billiards as a special, which I shall watch now.

Watched episode 1 of Death Parade. It has the psychological theme of Madhouse. From the every episode it has no intentions of being soft as it directly goes into the dark side of things. The first episode has it's focus on a newly wed couple and all the troubles they have on their minds.

It is one of best shows this season.

Edit-

I also saw that it had an alternate version Death Billiards as a special, which I shall watch now.

So far I have enjoyed death parade but that might be because it's been a long time since I watched an anime without knowing anything about it. I also watched the first episode of true tears and it really is predictable so far. maybe it's only because I have watched just one episode and haven't had too many important things happen except for the character introductions. But still it's disappointing going into an anime having some idea of what's going to happen next. 

So far I have enjoyed death parade but that might be because it's been a long time since I watched an anime without knowing anything about it. I also watched the first episode of true tears and it really is predictable so far. maybe it's only because I have watched just one episode and haven't had too many important things happen except for the character introductions. But still it's disappointing going into an anime having some idea of what's going to happen next. 

Well, the Genre is Romance so it's not that surprising to know whats going to happen... But you shouldn't judge it by the first episode and just go with the flow ;) and if you have a little interest in that genre you'll like it.

Somehow I would use the exactly same words... BAKA!!! I feel really betrayed :P ... But it's like you say and now I now again why I liked that Anime so much.

Yeah. We all miss the good old romanceanimes without ecchi and pantyshots :P 

Starting my cycle today because I fell asleep early yesterday.

Finished True Tears now.

What a ride that was. My heart is still taking it all in.

I'm still upset at the fact Noe didn't win. That's just unfair.

Hiromi did virtually nothing.. all she had going for her was the fact that Junnichi kind of liked her from when they were kids, but aside from that all she did was waver.

Noe on the other hand actually tried doing things for him and was the reason he even completed his book and danced. When he picked Hiromi after all that it just felt wrong..

On top of that she was the most hurt out of everybody, everyone pretty much just left her, that's just cruel.

But well, aside from that, I'm glad Aiko is getting along wiht Miyokichi, I really prefer them together, mainly because I just couldn't see Aiko in any other way.

That twist at the end with Noe's brother was a bit unexpected which surprised me since I usually am able to spot these things. Though in retrospective I see the signs there.

I also liked the whole parallel with the chickens, I thought that was kind of poetic (and cheesy, but i like cheesy things).

I guess I'll wait for more people to finish it and see what they think. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this, it was well balanced, there wasn't too much or too little of anything, and it managed to still touch me even though I didn't like the conclusion all that much, but you can't have anything in life.

I have nothing to say to you other than... Please get a life.... (though that is coming from me)

Impossible, I sold mine long time ago, handling a life is too annoying.

Besides, I've marathoned plenty of anime in one day before, I enjoy doing it when I actually like the anime, this wouldn't be the first nor the last.

I guarantee you this group has 0 to do with it, I can't force myself to marathon things i don't like.

Finished True Tears now.

Impossible, I sold mine long time ago, handling a life is too annoying.

Besides, I've marathoned plenty of anime in one day before, I enjoy doing it when I actually like the anime, this wouldn't be the first nor the last.

I guarantee you this group has 0 to do with it, I can't force myself to marathon things i don't like.

I'm almost there. 

I find that every anime I watched under 26 episodes, I have marathoned in a day.... I wonder if I have as much life as even you....