Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

If we're going for Madoka, can we watch the movies instead of the TV series?

The quality of both the visual and the sound is obviously superior, and since the sequel to the TV series and the movies is also a movie I think it's a better choice overall.

In terms of length the movies aren't much shorter, and obviously the movies focus on the important bits whereas the anime does have some filler here and there.

The TV series is 4 hours and 30 minutes long (not counting the OP/ED)

The first 2 movies are 4 hours long combined.

And then I'm assuming we'll watch the 3rd movie after, which is much easier to watch after the movies than the TV series because they made the movies into kind of a trilogy so it has a slightly better follow up. 

I'd advise for the series (having watched both). What's being cut in the movies (e.g. the first scene of ep 1) isn't really cleverly chosen in my opinion.

The bluray version of the series has the same sound quality as the movies and although some backgrounds did change between the two, the backgrounds of the series blurays are better than they were in the TV version and pretty top notch. The difference with the movies isn't really significant.

Then again it doesn't change much, we could just let anyone do what they want.

If we do settle on Madoka I'm not sure I'm gonna watch it again (I've seen the series twice and the movies once, and Rebellion twice too...) but I don't think I need to to discuss it. Although it's been discussed to death everywhere already.

Madoka Magica ftw

I haven't yet watched it(yes such a thing is possible) and heard that it's really good while it is first I heard about Karin.

If we're going for Madoka, can we watch the movies instead of the TV series?

The quality of both the visual and the sound is obviously superior, and since the sequel to the TV series and the movies is also a movie I think it's a better choice overall.

In terms of length the movies aren't much shorter, and obviously the movies focus on the important bits whereas the anime does have some filler here and there.

The TV series is 4 hours and 30 minutes long (not counting the OP/ED)

The first 2 movies are 4 hours long combined.

And then I'm assuming we'll watch the 3rd movie after, which is much easier to watch after the movies than the TV series because they made the movies into kind of a trilogy so it has a slightly better follow up. 

If the difference is only of 30 mins and the movies are more better made then I would guess that it's ideal to go for the movies. 

I guess it's fine wether it's the series or the movies since the story's the same.

I'll watch the movies since i don't care to re-watch the TV series. Though like Down said, this has already been discussed to death so I'm not too thrilled about it, well we'll see. I'll probably care to notice things I didn't notice before, if there are any.

If we do settle on Madoka I'm not sure I'm gonna watch it again (I've seen the series twice and the movies once, and Rebellion twice too...) but I don't think I need to to discuss it. Although it's been discussed to death everywhere already.

Gomenne~ Shiranakatta kara, ettoo, kuchikara detta.