Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Welcome to the NHK is the most overrated and most watched anime by anime clubs. It is an anime well worth watching if you haven't seen it but is plagued by rushed artwork and animation throughout (especially in later episodes). The show itself though is quite fun and is not afraid to take itself seriously at times. The basic premise is hikkikimori meets a girl.  

If you want a fun show I can't recommend Tower of Druaga enough the first episode while not completely accurate to the series is hilarious and it has a lot of good rpg/dnd type of humor scattered throughout it and has a surprisingly deep if a tad cliche at times plot (I also think the dub is better than the sub but uh to each their own).

Rosario+Vampire is a fanservice romp which is so cheesy with characters also cheesy that despite how bad the anime really is it's still somehow enjoyable (and Mizore best girl).

Vandread is the answer to the age old question of what if men and women really did live on different planets?...the plot is actually great and it's very entertaining imho and falls in the mech category somewhat as well.

Black Cat is action with a bit of comedy and very shounen and is one of the first works by the infamous Kentaro Yabuki of to-love-ru fame.

Honestly all the shows suggested have good points and bad points and honestly vote for what you think sounds interesting.

Welcome to the NHK is the most overrated and most watched anime by anime clubs. It is an anime well worth watching if you haven't seen it but is plagued by rushed artwork (especially in later episodes). The quality dips big time in the animation due to rushing. The other shows all mentioned are fun shows whereas NHK (hikkikimori meets girl this is one of Gonzo's most well known works but is plagued with some very rushed animation and lack of budget at various places throughout. If you want a fun show I can't recommend Tower of Druaga enough the first episode while not completely accurate to the series is hilarious and it has a lot of good rpg/dnd type of humor scattered throughout it and a surprisingly deep if a tad cliche at times plot (I also think the dub is better than the sub but uh to each their own). Rosario+Vampire is a fanservice romp which is so cheesy with characters likewise that despite how bad the anime really is it's still somehow enjoyable (and Mizore best girl). Vandread is the answer to the age old question of what if men and women really did live on different planets?...the plot is actually great and it's very entertaining imho and falls in the mech category somewhat as well. Black Cat is action with a bit of comedy and very shounen ahd is one of the first works by the infamous Kentaro Yabuki of to-love-ru fame.

Honestly all the shows suggested have good points and bad points and honestly vote for what you think sounds interesting.

Good job on making a useful wall of text.

Tower of Druaga is indeed fun, but I'd like to watch something else this time around. Though if it ends up being that (which is far from happening right now), I'll still be watching it.

Welcome to the NHK is something that I've been interested in watching for a long time. There's just one problem, you see. I still have a lot of moe---I mean shows to watch before that. So I'll be glad if that gets chosen.

Black Cat is something I watched back when I was in grade school, but I'm not opposed to it getting chosen.

I have no idea about the other two. But it'd be nice to watch them too.

no way i'm watching black cat again.  A lot of it i just didn't care for.  The plot felt like a convoluted mish mash of things the mangaka probably thought was cool,like nanomachines and fictitious metals and a shadow organization that seeks world peace through murder, and an eye patch limiter for superpowers.  It was pretentious as all hell for how unoriginal it was.  It reminds me of every shitty fan fiction derived from something like dragonball z or metal gear solid where the protagonist is some tortured, cool badass.  Yes, let's keep using that trope because it definitely hasn't run it's course  <_<

no way i'm watching black cat again.  A lot of it i just didn't care for.  The plot felt like a convulted mess, including things like nanomachines and fictitious metals and a shadow organization that seeks world peace through murder.  It was pretentious as all hell.  It reminds me of every shitty fan fiction derived from something like dragonball z or metal gear solid where the author inserts themselves as the protag, the tortured cool badass that they delude themselves into thinking they are.

Get out of my club.  :sachi:

This made me wonder.

Has any of Catty's choices won yet?

Club history can be found on the second post of the topic. 

Club History:

• Cycle 1 (Mystery):  Winner Tiago and Durarara!!
  • Cycle 2 (Romance): Winner Nosebleed and True Tears
  • Cycle 3 (Psychological) Winner Stray Cat and Selector Infected/Spread
  • Cycle 4 (Grab-bag) Winner Flutterz and Shinsekai Yori 
  • Cycle 5 (Magical Girl) Winner Kat and Madoka Magica
  • Cycle 6 (Comedy) Winner Stray Cat and Milky Holmes 1 and 2
  • Movie Cycle 1: Winner Nosebleed (Perfect Blue) and FinalChaos (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)
  • Cycle 7 (Retro) Winner Kat and Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Cycle 8 (Space) Winner Kyrt and Irresponsible Captain Tylor
  • Special Cycle 1 (Music Month) Winner Kosaki and Nodame Cantabile
  • Cycle 9 (Studio Gonzo)

I'll start getting the show too.

Anyway, finally finished Plastic Memories.

The ending was actually nice, imo. It didn't go the 'okay, we'll save Isla' route or something. It actually gave them the bittersweet ending that I have been expecting ever since their love story began to blossom. And that kind of makes me happy, y'know. It's really nice. Good thing they didn't pull off a deus ex machina or something. It would have really ruined the show for me. 

Overall, it was pretty decent. I liked it.

Also done with Plastic Memories

I was pretty disappointed in Plastic Memories finale and the show in general. I mean the show was sweet and all, but I expected something darker and more tragic the whole time. They even foreshadowed that with the Giftians going berserk after expiring, but the show never delivered. Instead they spent time on the comedy and other lighter stuff. They had so much potential with the Giftians, but they just used them as a humans that live shorter lives.

The ending itself was too stale for me as well. The ending was pretty much set in stone in the previous episode and the final episode didn't bring anything new and worthwhile to it. It just was more of Tsukasa's and Isla's sweet time. It wasn't bad, but it lacked serious emotional impact you would have expected based on the premise.

Most of my disappointed comes from the fact that it didn't live to it's premise. The show hinted at something really heartbreaking and tragic, but the result was a weird mix of romcom and tragedy elements. And Plastic Memories didn't do that well in either. I still had some fun watching it, but part of it came from expecting the moment when the show turns really serious and sad. And when that moment never came, I felt little betrayed.

I finished plastic memories

Alright so overall the show was ok. The only reason I would say it was ok is because it didnt bail out last second and save isla after all the build up. Overall though the characters were below average the story was below average pretty much everything about this show was below average. The only thing this show really had going for it was that it was sad.

Finished Plastic Memories as well.

Story 7/10

The story is nice, although I tend to stay away from tragedy stuff. The all around premise didn't really click with me (I'm more of a fantasy guy than Sci-Fi), but is nicely done. I'm also glad they didn't back out at the last second and save Isla, even if I don't typically like sad shows, I would prefer they go all out with their show at the least.

Characters 8/10

I thought the characters were likeable and had some good traits, they weren't really developed though, it just kind of focused on Tsukasa and Isla.

Art 8/10

I quite liked the art. Very colorful and... artsy.

Soundtrack 6/10

I didn't particularly notice anything that stood out.

Enjoyment 7/10

Overall 8/10

It was a good show, one that I liked. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but enjoyable.

Also done with Plastic Memories

I was pretty disappointed in Plastic Memories finale and the show in general. I mean the show was sweet and all, but I expected something darker and more tragic the whole time. They even foreshadowed that with the Giftians going berserk after expiring, but the show never delivered. Instead they spent time on the comedy and other lighter stuff. They had so much potential with the Giftians, but they just used them as a humans that live shorter lives.

The ending itself was too stale for me as well. The ending was pretty much set in stone in the previous episode and the final episode didn't bring anything new and worthwhile to it. It just was more of Tsukasa's and Isla's sweet time. It wasn't bad, but it lacked serious emotional impact you would have expected based on the premise.

Most of my disappointed comes from the fact that it didn't live to it's premise. The show hinted at something really heartbreaking and tragic, but the result was a weird mix of romcom and tragedy elements. And Plastic Memories didn't do that well in either. I still had some fun watching it, but part of it came from expecting the moment when the show turns really serious and sad. And when that moment never came, I felt little betrayed.

I don't even know if I need to spoiler this. A lot of people thought that the director may have not been clear with what he wished to present to us with the show, so it kinda makes sense, seeing how a lot of plot devices were thrown in, only to ultimately end up using Tsukasa and Isla's lovestory as the plot focused on. It's disappointing that we didn't get to see more of what the Giftias truly are, yeah. But I guess it's to be expected of an original anime.