Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm pretty sure she could not longer work in the field and thus was forced to leave, making Isla blame herself for not being able to help, letting her get injured,

and losing her roommate/friend in the process.

Yup yup. Still though. The way that she left Isla was very, say, unsatisfying for me. I guess it's to not make themselves any sadder, but c'mon man.

Yup yup. Still though. The way that she left Isla was very, say, unsatisfying for me. I guess it's to not make themselves any sadder, but c'mon man.

I mean they still see each-other at work everyday. They just don't live together anymore. It caused a bunch of guild and awkwardness and that pretty much ruined things.

Yeah, the song sounds kinda weird.

Also, WHY IS THERE A REAL LIFE WOMAN DANCING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OPENING?!?

It's the 90's, just roll with it.

Anyway, sharing my thoughts on the show, it feels like and reminds me of a cartoon with episodes that don't have much continuity. Brings back memories of when I used to watch Cartoonnetwork on TV.

Also, dat quality face doe.

iQU8K9M.png

So this is how the show goes:

Ep 1: Hey this is pretty funny. 

Ep 2-3: Oh, they're doing the same thing again.....o.k.....

Ep 5: This.....this isn't funny anymore......

So yea, probably just gonna motor through it while playing record breaker.  Shame, the dub job was actually good. 

Well it's not incredible so far but it does a fairly good job at being entertaining I'd say. That's the kind of show that picks up steam as it goes, 8 episodes in I'm far more convinced than when I started.

I'm still pretty much sure Nadesico is the superior version of this though.

It is kind of sad that for our Space anime we picked one that is parodying the genre instead of just representing it. That said, I actually enjoy Tylor quite a bit. Except for the excessive amounts of work-related sexual harassment and the way the show plays that up for comedy. Tehe not only is it funny to sexually harass your female coworkers, if you do it enough they might even start to like you because they're just playing hard to get!

Regarding Nadesico, I see that as a spoof of mecha anime more than space anime. It plays up both real and super robot tropes quite a bit.

Regarding Nadesico, I see that as a spoof of mecha anime more than space anime. It plays up both real and super robot tropes quite a bit.

You could make the point that it's the same thing with giant robots and it's therefore inherently superior Teeku

Except for the excessive amounts of work-related sexual harassment and the way the show plays that up for comedy. Tehe not only is it funny to sexually harass your female coworkers, if you do it enough they might even start to like you because they're just playing hard to get!

Well, it's an 90s anime after all... Not an excuse but at this time it wasn't very shocking I guess.

The thing is, all the stand-alone episodes in the middle make you know the characters much better. I'm on ep 11 and they already seem very different from what they were in ep 3 when the whole crew was introduced. If you just skip ahead you probably won't care at all, even if those episodes are not part of the """plot""".

To be honest, when you start skipping/fast-forwarding/doing something else at the same time on a series you pretty much give up getting enjoyment from it already.

The thing is, all the stand-alone episodes in the middle make you know the characters much better. I'm on ep 11 and they already seem very different from what they were in ep 3 when the whole crew was introduced. If you just skip ahead you probably won't care at all, even if those episodes are not part of the """plot""".

To be honest, when you start skipping/fast-forwarding/doing something else at the same time on a series you pretty much give up getting enjoyment from it already.

I actually did that and still enjoyed the last third quite a bit.  :makina:

I was thinking about doing things a bit differently and instead of a genre, a studio; Anime from Studio Gonzo or Studio Brain's Base. 

edit: If studio doesn't work then dystopian anime would be the genre I'd like to pick.