Stray Cat

2 members have voted

1. 1. What anime will we watch?

• Utawarerumono
    • Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
    • Blood Lad
    • Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu

This poll is closed to new votes

Space stuff, isn't really a genre per say, if you mean Sci-Fi says Sci-fi (which would be my choice). Mecha, harem and military are valid.

I dunno magical girls isnt a genre either so i thought it just has to be centered around one theme.

Oh man Plastic Memories is really getting serious. There's some Psycho Pass vibes I'm sensing. I initially thought it would be just tear jerker about the limited lifetime of giftians, but it seems it's going for more broader and darker approach on human robots.

It was hinted, but I didn't expect giftians going all beast mode when their time is ending. Or maybe it just happen in some cases, it wasn't that clear. Also, did they just kill Ayla.

I mean, it was obvious from the last episode that it was turning darker. Also, I have to say that everything played out pretty much the way I had expected.

When they mentioned that this would be the first incident in 3 years, that clearly meant that they don't just "walk around" like they said one of the previous episodes, but are actually a threat of some sort, otherwise nobody would bother to remember how long ago it happened, or be so desperate to stop it, and that's exactly what happened. And when they showed the virus guns I immediately called it that at some point the wrong giftia would get shot by one. I just didn't expect it to happen in this episode.

Anyway, looks like the show is headed in the direction I hoped it would, and if we're lucky it will only get better from here.

For those who've watched Eva, can I just skip 25 and 26 and watch the end of Eva instead. 

I don't understand how such a drop off in quality is possible. 

If you don't watch the last 2 episodes the series doesn't really make sense... If you do it doesn't really make sense either, though.  :shrug:

Oh, a few more things I wanted to say about Plastic Memories

Now that the show has gone in the direction it has, I'll be REALLY disappointed if the reason for the limited lifespans is "technological limitations", pulling a Bladerunner would be decent, but a bit unoriginal IMO, ideally it's something else, not "so that they don't take over because they're better in every other way".

Speaking of being better than humans, do they have a working reproductive system? The first (I think) episode showed what looked like a guy who was running away with his Giftia girlfriend. Are Giftias just very human-like robots or are they more like Cylons who are basically artificial humans that can actually reproduce with a human?

Now, what the hell do the illegal black market retrievers want with expired Giftias? Do they reprogram them and use them for whatever they want? Do they read their memories and somehow use those? Organ harvesting? Somehow using them to extend the life of another Giftia? Or if it's a twist, maybe they're the good guys who know how to stop them from dying and retain their memories? Because the retriever guy seemed almost a bit too bad-guy looking.

Evil Giftias. We haven't seen any yet, but I'd be surprised if they won't appear later on. Surely if a bad person gets a Giftia it can end up being a bad Giftia?

Finally, what's the likelihood that one of the "human" characters (maybe Tsukasa) is actually a Giftia with fake memories?

A lot of this was just complete speculation before, but now that it's gotten darker some of it isn't as far-fetched anymore.

Also since the seasonal cycle is Plastic Memories I guess I'll kind of join in, I am watching it after all. Much easier to decide if I want to participate when I already know what we're watching and like it. #thuglife