G-Senjou no Maou Thoughts and Questions

Ventares07

I never saw the Kyousuke as a douche MC, I found him incredibly pragmatic and sensible.  Really relatable actually.  It has been awhile since I've played it though, so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I never felt his character out of place at all or completely unbelievable (sans bad ends).  Can you guys give me specifics about what you hate about the guy with justifiable reasonment?

I never saw the Kyousuke as a douche MC, I found him incredibly pragmatic and sensible.  Really relatable actually.  It has been awhile since I've played it though, so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I never felt his character out of place at all or completely unbelievable (sans bad ends).  Can you guys give me specifics about what you hate about the guy with justifiable reasonment?

Just from a romantic standpoint, he treats all of the heroines like shit 

until he inevitably changes his ways, of course. Which can take a while, if it happens at all (like if you get a bad end).

If they don't make money or have some sort of financial worth to them, he won't give them the time of day, and he's extremely manipulative. I suppose you could say that his personality is justifiable 

because of how it was for him growing up and such

but I don't think it's an excuse to treat everyone like an object. This is all subject to opinion though, of course. I'm sure there are people that think differently. This wasn't a problem in the true route, however 

as it seemed to focus more on the plot than romance.

Just from a romantic standpoint, he treats all of the heroines like shit 

until he inevitably changes his ways, of course. Which can take a while, if it happens at all (like if you get a bad end).

If they don't make money or have some sort of financial worth to them, he won't give them the time of day, and he's extremely manipulative. I suppose you could say that his personality is justifiable 

because of how it was for him growing up and such

but I don't think it's an excuse to treat everyone like an object. This is all subject to opinion though, of course. I'm sure there are people that think differently. This wasn't a problem in the true route, however 

as it seemed to focus more on the plot than romance.

I like that. 

but I don't think it's an excuse to treat everyone like an object. This is all subject to opinion though, of course.

I fall on the exact other end of the spectrum.  While humanitarianism is good and all, using and being used is how progress happens.  I don't think he was using anything as an excuse, but rather acting like a normal person would.  Can you honestly say that you haven't lied and/or manipulated a person before to give yourself a more favorable situation?  I mean humans have evolved to lie, and humans are just another resource to be used for progress.  There is a reason why we have a common metaphor relating humans to being a cog in a machine.

Oh well, I guess I just like my characters to be more than a good willed savior all the time.

• 6 months later...

It's a relatively fun read as long as you don't think too much about the bad bits.

I haven't finished it yet and am only at around the middle of chapter 3, but i can't help but find the whole thing ridiculous. Obviously Maou is the only one knowing he shares his body with another persona, so that he can keep his distance and keep dragging this cat and mouse game forever... Another thing is the convenient switches, while talking about switches Kyouske must feel really weird when he stands on the street with different clothes and another phone on him all of a sudden. At this point i hope they pull an asstwist so that kyouske doesn't suffer from multiple personality disorder after all, because the way this is handled is as stupid as it gets.

Don't read if you didn't finish this VN yet.

I really don't get that anyone during the read could believe, that prot have split personality. Really, plot so much insist on making reader believe that split personality thing that it's completely obvious it isn't that way.

Whole VN is like this. Plot tries very hard to make us believe one thing just so it can say 'ha, a twist! actually it's the opposite!' -.-'

That's one of the reasons why I despise this VN even if it's actually quite nice overall. It just don't deserve attention and prize it gets.

Not really much of a spoiler, but i'll use spoiler tag anyway.

Dat feeling when you play a vn for hours upon hours and it's pretty original and fun, then stumble upon chapter 4 and it turns into some shitty harem-esque scenario chock full of shitty harem tropes. Yuki transfering, abusive female (Mizuha), Haru unleashed (main character suddenly a replacement for Kanon and forced into her idiotic game) and a tad more submissive male characters all of a sudden, probably to fit this shitty scenario.

I know someone would argue my point of abusive female because our main character can be a real bastard, and that is true. Yet, he's done nothing towards Mizhua, and yet she only treats him and Eiichi like shit, even after the CD accident. Her argument for disliking Kyouske earlier was because she thought he'd exploit her for her money, but that falls flat on it's face when she suddenly starts befriending everyone else. This is just shitty writing in order to please people with shitty taste in anime/manga/vn. Hope her good ending ends with the marriage Kyouske planned or someone twisting her neck 360 degrees. So sick and tired of this type of character in anime/manga.

Damn, i'm seriously starting to dislike this VN. The Yuki number game was really annoying, typical anime crap you see in anime with terrible characters. The main character was cool and smart during the first part in the game, but he's taking the backseat now. Christ sake, even Gonzou was transformed into a intellectual mastermind.

Well, after the ntr red flag (Iwai) showed up i had to check it up on upcoming events, and while i didn't spoil too much it seems like Haru has been living with him for 8 damn years. Does this end with ntr? or basic cheating? ntr is absolutely the worst shit i read or watch, i just can't stand it. Putting this VN on hold until i know for sure

Well, after the ntr red flag (Iwai) showed up i had to check it up on upcoming events, and while i didn't spoil too much it seems like Haru has been living with him for 8 damn years. Does this end with ntr? or basic cheating? ntr is absolutely the worst shit i read or watch, i just can't stand it. Putting this VN on hold until i know for sure

No NTR in this at all.

Well, they were gunning for the feeling at least, otherwise they wouldn't introduce this guy so abruptly and rather have her live with some heroine in the story. You can only imagine what she'd do to thank this guy for all he's done for her and her daughter or for emotional support during hard times. 8 years is a long time.

Netorare.  The protag's love interest has sex with other guys and makes the protagonist jealous.

VNDB's tag description:

Netorare (寝取られ) is a sexual fetish designed to cause sexual jealousy by way of having the heroine indulge in sexual activity with someone other as the protagonist.

For a game to be classified as Netorare the following conditions must be met:
1. The heroine either must be romantically involved with the protagonist, a potential romance for him or of someone that the protagonist shares such a close relationship (sister, mother, osananajimi etc.) that jealousy is a factor.

2. Related sexual events are explicitly shown to the player or later described in detail.

This does not include relationships of heroines that are outside the route you follow. Explanation: Route 1 is for Heroine A, the protagonist is romantically involved with her. During that route, if she sleeps with other characters than the protagonist, it would be NTR. But during Route 2, which is about Heroine B, where the protagonist has no romantic relationship with Heroine A, her having sex with others wouldn't count as NTR.

Was no sex with Iwai, do not overthink that.

I'm an classical overthinker, i won't deny it, but this scenario isn't really far fetched. She's pretty damn ambiguous and explaining in a round about way instead of being direct.

"he pays the little one a good amount of attention as well" 

"you're the only one for me, always been and always will be"

So you see, this can be intepreted in different ways. She might mean she didn't do anything with the guy, and it might also mean that she some kind of relationship with this guy, but decided that Kyouske was the only one for her, just not during the time of her pregnancy since she was sure whose child it was. Don't forget Iwai's grandpa was pretty into them marrying, and this guy didn't have any other girlfriend during the time, and what makes a guy stop caring about other women? I'd certainly wish for her to have been more direct about the nature of her stay in his house.

I've always been this way with ntr-ish scenarios, which is why i avoid them at all costs, because my mind goes into overdrive in a not so good way.

First - description of Iwai:

This man's atmosphere was somewhat similar to Tsubaki's, actually.
He had the smell of someone who grew up in a happy family and led a happy life.

He defends himself shyly. He must have noticed my staring.
His father may be a Sannou executive, but he doesn't have the air of a spoiled child with no concept of hardship.
Iwai Yuuya is the kind of guy I can't look straight in the eyes.

Then - his thoughts about their reunite:

"So, you two have finally been reunited?"
He seemed to be really happy about it.

You really think such a man would do anything which Haru does not approve? And Haru was not:

"So Iwai Yuuya helped you, did he?"

"Yes," she said with a nod. "He offered to."

So she refused this proposal, actually.

"I see. Well, isn't that just great. I bet you owe all your current fame to him."
"I am grateful, yes. He pays the little one a good amount of attention as well."

Means Iwai gives attention to them in the professional aspect and as a friend. As "little one" plays piano, while Haru plays violin.

And after speaking about who is who, that you don't, etc., is this conclusion:

"You're the only one for me. You always have been, and you always will be."

How you could find out any NTR here I am complete at a loss.

And, if you really want to know, what happened to Haru (and not your "I suspect NTR") - there is 2 radio drama CDs...  :)

Thanks for the clarifications. What you say certainly makes sense, i guess i didn't see the whole picture, thanks! 

It was still sad to see how she wasn't her lively self anymore :/ i didn't initially like Haru, but grew to like her quite a bit. Wish they'd show us the characters together in a proper CG at the end, was kind of lame how it was ended. If 8 years older Haru was too much to show then they could have cut the sentence by 4 years or something where it wouldn't matter, and people would be happier for it.

• 3 weeks later...