G-Senjou no Maou Thoughts and Questions

Ventares07

Regarding the Maou being Kyosuke on the side routes and on the true route it was Kyouhei, it was intended to be like that. The authors wanted to think that the Maou was Kyousuke all allong so that they could put the big twist on the true route.

If you think about it, on the side routes the Maou just disappears and is not really fully seen(iirc been about 1-2 years since I last read it). Also the side routes are "what ifs", so the Maou isn't really a plot hole, for all intents and purposes Kyousuke is the Maou, unless you read the true route.

It's the mystery that akabei wanted to create I guess.

I haven't played the side routes yet and I don't think I want to. The heroines just don't interest me much. You shouldn't have to in order to see the connections in the main route anyhow.

I liked maou before he was revealed to be kyosukes brother. I just didn't have any connection to him anymore after that mostly because I didn't know his brother for very long. His depth was cut in half and the same applied to kyosuke. But that's just me.

Just finished gsenjou, and it's really masterpiece, that riddle and mysteries really interesting. Side story really doesnt have any relation with maou. When it enter route of one of side heroine, maou will not appear again. It looks like that guy really doesnt have any interest with his true goal. But, i am really glad to play side story first, because if i play directly to haru route, it would be just a filler for other heroine.

That epilogue was....its really doesnt want to end just like that huh

Looking for more mystery VN hehehe

• 2 weeks later...

Normally side routes connect with other routes, provides additional information to the story. in G-Senjou that isn't the case, they practically change maou's identity...

It's not practically, they DO.  I tend to side on TVTropes for this one.  Its a Schrödinger's situation.  They both are in a superstate until you choose a route and after that it collapses into just one of them.

...I didn't even notice that shift in identity.

Or maybe I did? It's been a few years since I've read.

You were probably too focused on h-scenes don't worry kosaki

It's not practically, they DO.  I tend to side on TVTropes for this one.  Its a Schrödinger's situation.  They both are in a superstate until you choose a route and after that it collapses into just one of them.

Hmm well that is understandable, I don't know wheter that was the intention or it was their plain laziness but I'll put my money on the first. It's easier to like the game that way.

I really liked how the H-scenes for the bad ends in this game felt really rape-y and wrong to enforce the fact that you picked a BAD end

I actually thought they were appropriate.

Kyousuke bears the name of 'Maou' all until the Last Chapter, so technically, it does good in enforcing his personality as the 'Maou' behind the scenes, twisting everything to that very fact. Only to be rekt by Kyouhei.

I actually thought they were appropriate.

Kyousuke bears the name of 'Maou' all until the Last Chapter, so technically, it does good in enforcing his personality as the 'Maou' behind the scenes, twisting everything to that very fact. Only to be rekt by Kyouhei.

Now that i think about it that's true, he is very "bad" in the bad ends to imply that he is "Maou-desu" not just cus he's sometimes a bastard... 

To be honest i skipped the bad ends.. So yeah...

You were probably too focused on h-scenes don't worry kosaki

Hmm well that is understandable, I don't know wheter that was the intention or it was their plain laziness but I'll put my money on the first. It's easier to like the game that way.

It's definitely intentional.  Keep in mind that you are supposed to think that Kyousuke is Maou until the big reveal in Haru's route.  If they didn't at least heavily imply that this was actually the case in the side routes, all impact from that reveal would be lost.  That's why I said it wasn't a plot hole.  It's a necessary separate state.  

On the other hand, although it is implied that Kyousuke is Maou in the side routes, it isn't outright stated to be so, which leaves room for alternative explanations.  For instance, Maou's plans, if brought to fruition, will definitely disrupt Kyousuke's life.  It is possible that Maou, seeing Kyousuke turn away from being a slave to money and starting down a road that could truly make him happy, decides that freeing his father and exacting revenge isn't worth ruining his brother's new life.  It's a bit of a stretch, given the depth of Maou's obsession, but then again, it's also only in Haru's route that their mother gets killed, and it's only after that that Maou goes on the direct offensive instead of his previous strategy of misdirection.

There's some room for interpretation.

It's definitely intentional.  Keep in mind that you are

supposed to think that Kyousuke is Maou until the big reveal in Haru's route.  If they didn't at least heavily imply that this was actually the case in the side routes, all impact from that reveal would be lost.  That's why I said it wasn't a plot hole.  It's a necessary separate state.  

On the other hand, although it is implied that Kyousuke is Maou in the side routes, it isn't outright stated to be so, which leaves room for alternative explanations.  For instance, Maou's plans, if brought to fruition, will definitely disrupt Kyousuke's life.  It is possible that Maou, seeing Kyousuke turn away from being a slave to money and starting down a road that could truly make him happy, decides that freeing his father and exacting revenge isn't worth ruining his brother's new life.  It's a bit of a stretch, given the depth of Maou's obsession, but then again, it's also only in Haru's route that their mother gets killed, and it's only after that that Maou goes on the direct offensive instead of his previous strategy of misdirection.

There's some room for interpretation.

With Saber as your avatar, I can't defy you :D.. Jokes aside, what you're saying makes a lots of sense, thank you for the explanation. G-Senjou is the first VN I've finished and still one of my favourites. It makes me glad, that there isn't a plothole like that

With Saber as your avatar, I can't defy you :D.. Jokes aside, what you're saying makes a lots of sense, thank you for the explanation. G-Senjou is the first VN I've finished and still one of my favourites. It makes me glad, that there isn't a plothole like that

You could also interpret it as Kyouhei saving Kyousuke from his fate of being 'Maou'.

He takes all the blame and anger from all the people, along with his hopes and dreams. He casts it away all to oblivion, just to save the remaining member of his family ---- Kyousuke.

Whelp. What a heartwarming story.

Only if it was true.

You could also interpret it as Kyouhei saving Kyousuke from his fate of being 'Maou'.

He takes all the blame and anger from all the people, along with his hopes and dreams. He casts it away all to oblivion, just to save the remaining member of his family ---- Kyousuke.

Whelp. What a heartwarming story.

Only if it was true.

Then he tries to ruin his life for funsies. Best brother ever, 10/10 would sibling again.

I made some of my friends play G-senjou but they quit even before finishing tsubaki's route because they hate the protag.

I can see why, he's the worst in her route. Hell, I almost dropped it. 

And don't get me started on the bad ending. I started using guides after that so that I don't come across an ending like that ever again.