G-Senjou no Maou Thoughts and Questions

Ventares07

Being relatively to new viusals in the past two years I would say.
Having just finished G-Senjou no Maou I'd like to ask what did you people make of it or rather what did you think that the novel was trying to say to you.
I'm not quite sure yet thought I believe it was trying to say something about the importance of family which I found reinforced by themes of hatred and revenge and Appearances versus reality and a theme i cant quite put my finger on just yet something to do with people's inner demons because all of the characters had an inner demon.

Howver though I want to clarify something

We know that Maou is Kyousuke's older brother Kyouhei. However that makes me confused when looking back over when Tsubaki's brother was kidnapped. Now correct me If I am wrong.

It was Kyouhei who did the kidnapping and had the ransom stolen given that it was revealed he was Maou.However throught the novel it is suggested to us that Kyousuke is Maou (Is this right?).
In the living room of Tsubaki from Kyousuke's (Is it him?) perseptive we see that in his mind of how the ransom in Haru's second suitcase is infact empty and Kyousuke  is having a mental victory smirk.
So does this mean that it was Kyouhei who was in Tsubaki's living room and not Kyousuke.
I would simply like a clarification on this section on the visual novel. I may simply have missed something. I dont know.

Sorry for the big post

Spoilers everywhere :)

I think it was indeed Kyousuke's older brother. IT's been awhile since I played G-senjou but if I recall correctly that Haru mistook the older bro for Kyousuke when she was being strangled.

Although I'm just guessing. I honestly can't say for certain.

I would definitely say the visual novel had revenge as one of its main themes. It's evident in at least two of the routes as well as a few of the chapters.

I read G-Senjou months ago so pardon my memory~

We know that Maou is Kyousuke's older brother Kyouhei. However that makes me confused when looking back over when Tsubaki's brother was kidnapped. Now correct me If I am wrong.

It was Kyouhei who did the kidnapping and had the ransom stolen given that it was revealed he was Maou.However throught the novel it is suggested to us that Kyousuke is Maou (Is this right?).
This is correct. Kyouhei is Maou, and he is the one behind the kidnapping and ransom (and everything else).

The VN 'implies' that Kyousuke is Maou throughout the story for the foreshadowing funzies it gives readers, but as we learn towards the end, Kyousuke is innocent. All of the headaches, blacking out, etc. that Kyousuke has that magically happen to be in sync with when Kyouhei does his thing was all one BIG coincidence  :nervous: 

In the living room of Tsubaki from Kyousuke's (Is it him?) perseptive we see that in his mind of how the ransom in Haru's second suitcase is infact empty and Kyousuke  is having a mental victory smirk.
So does this mean that it was Kyouhei who was in Tsubaki's living room and not Kyousuke.

I don't remember this scene, but it's probably Kyouhei.

Thank you for making a dedicated G-senjou thread.

So does this mean that it was Kyouhei who was in Tsubaki's living room and not Kyousuke..

Edited by melo4496

Thank you for making a dedicated G-senjou thread.

That's some keen observation. I never really think about it until you mentioned it.

Tsubaki's chapter ended without really revealing who Maou is. Thinking that Tsubaki's story is a completely independent story, it tells that Kyouhei is maou, he has a dual personality, and therefore I'll say that this guy who's in the living room is Kyousuke.

However, considering the Whole story, I have to agree that the one with Tsubaki at that time is Kyouhei. So for me, it can be either.

Edit: 

Sorry. What I meant by Tsubaki's chapter is the side route. Tsubaki's route.

I think must be a plothole in the story as it does not make sense. However yo need to into account that

Kyouehei is ten years older than Kyousuke and Tsubaki and her fatehr were present at the time of the said scene

So Haru mistaking Kyouhei for Kyousuke is a possibilty but I think it is unlikely given the fact that two other people are there and i think they could tell difference between a ninteen year old and a twenty nine year old.

I believe that Haru wouldn't mistake Kyouhei for someone esle, for example

when she is getting strangled by Maou, not once does she ever refer to him as Kyousuke, only Maou and only calls out Kyousuke's name. I believe this was to only further suggest that Maou was Kyousuke which is revealed later to be untrue.

So the only thing I can conclude with is that this is plothole in the story.

I think must be a plothole in the story as it does not make sense. However yo need to into account that

Kyouehei is ten years older than Kyousuke and Tsubaki and her father were present at the time of the said scene

So Haru mistaking Kyouhei for Kyousuke is a possibility but I think it is unlikely given the fact that two other people are there and i think they could tell difference between a nineteen year old and a twenty nine year old.

I believe that Haru wouldn't mistake Kyouhei for someone else, for example

when she is getting strangled by Maou, not once does she ever refer to him as Kyousuke, only Maou and only calls out Kyousuke's name. I believe this was to only further suggest that Maou was Kyousuke which is revealed later to be untrue.

I could come in here and pretty much spam everything that went wrong and right with G-senjou but i'll leave it at this

The VN always tries to throw you off of the actual plot with all the headaches and memory sinks but by doing that it actually sinks itself. I think the writer was trying to do one of those mind boggling pieces of the puzzle type masterpieces but by doing that he fails to do a follow up like : what happens when the MC blacks out, why Gonzo felt the need to actually throw away his life, why the MC's brother feel intimidated by Gonzo if he wasn't close to him, a shitload of things about the main heroine. Basically if you are a man of many fine details G-senjou will give you a bad time. 

I could come in here and pretty much spam everything that went wrong and right with G-senjou but i'll leave it at this

The VN always tries to throw you off of the actual plot with all the headaches and memory sinks but by doing that it actually sinks itself. I think the writer was trying to do one of those mind boggling pieces of the puzzle type masterpieces but by doing that he fails to do a follow up like : what happens when the MC blacks out, why Gonzo felt the need to actually throw away his life, why the MC's brother feel intimidated by Gonzo if he wasn't close to him, a shitload of things about the main heroine. Basically if you are a man of many fine details G-senjou will give you a bad time. 

Pardon some things, i haven't read that novel in a long while 

Hold on, what is the 'plothole' you guys are speaking of?

It sounds like you guys are saying that there is an inconsistency in that Kyousuke is appearing in a scene when it should be 'Maou' and that the other characters are simply mixing the two up?

@Soverign below: yeah, there are many inconsistencies indeed, but I'm confused as to which one the people above are talking about.

It sounds like you guys are saying that there is an inconsistency in that Kyousuke is appearing in a scene when it should be 'Maou' and that the other characters are mixing the two up?

That's one of the many. 

It sounds like you guys are saying that there is an inconsistency in that Kyousuke is appearing in a scene when it should be 'Maou' and that the other characters are simply mixing the two up?

@Soverign below: yeah, there are many inconsistencies indeed, but I'm confused as to which one the people above are talking about.

It sounds like in Tsubaki's chapter,

there's a scene where someone in a room with a few other people acts Maou-ish. It should be Kyousuke in the room, apparently, because Haru is also there and calls him Kyousuke/doesn't act like he's Maou.  

But none of us have played the game in a while, right? ...So I can't give an informed opinion and just stated there are many plot holes in G-senjou...

• 2 weeks later...

Kyouehei is ten years older than Kyousuke and Tsubaki and her fatehr were present at the time of the said scene

So Haru mistaking Kyouhei for Kyousuke is a possibilty but I think it is unlikely given the fact that two other people are there and i think they could tell difference between a ninteen year old and a twenty nine year old.

I believe that Haru wouldn't mistake Kyouhei for someone esle, for example

So the only thing I can conclude with is that this is plothole in the story.

I think i remember one as well during Kanon's part. While she is in the bathroom Kyousuke goes to his room then gets one of his convenient headaches. After that Maou starts talking and someone calls him from the other room saying there is no towel. Then he comments on it by saying what a cheeky woman. I also agree that there is no way that Haru,Kanon or even Tsubaki would mistake Kyousuke with Kyouhei.

i´m pretty sure that the voice calling for a towel was from yuki, as you later on in the game knows that she is in league with kyouhei. also dont think the other 3 chicks would mistake the protag with his brother. in the one scene mentioned above its neighter dark, nor does he wear some special clothes to hide his face, also there´s the thing with the age gap between the two, 10 years is just too much, especially when you compare their lifes so far. one shuts himself pretty much in front of his laptop almost the whole day for work, does not have any hobbies, etc & the other one with his guerillero past aka osama fucking bin laden the 2nd. think they MIGHT would have looked a bit different, cause of what they have gone through.

i´m pretty sure that the voice calling for a towel was from yuki, as you later on in the game knows that she is in league with kyouhei. also dont think the other 3 chicks would mistake the protag with his brother. in the one scene mentioned above its neighter dark, nor does he wear some special clothes to hide his face, also there´s the thing with the age gap between the two, 10 years is just too much, especially when you compare their lifes so far. one shuts himself pretty much in front of his laptop almost the whole day for work, does not have any hobbies, etc & the other one with his guerillero past aka osama fucking bin laden the 2nd. think they MIGHT would have looked a bit different, cause of what they have gone through.

I know she was in league with Kyouhei but weren't their relationship is based on meetings arranged by Maou. I can't imagine they are that close but it's been a while since i read it I might have forgotten some parts of the story.

I know she was in league with Kyouhei but weren't their relationship is based on meetings arranged by Maou. I can't imagine they are that close but it's been a while since i read it I might have forgotten some parts of the story.

It's been two years since I finished G-senjou no Maou so I apologize if I'm wrong. But Maou took Yuki to various places when she was with him, right? Wouldn't it be possible for them to live in the same house (room?) in that period of time?

But then again, I forgot when exactly Maou meets Yuki and takes her with him. :amane:

It's been two years since I finished G-senjou no Maou so I apologize if I'm wrong. But Maou took Yuki to various places when she was with him, right? Wouldn't it be possible for them to live in the same house (room?) in that period of time?

But then again, I forgot when exactly Maou meets Yuki and takes her with him.

If i remember correctly Yuki's meeting with Maou was either 2 or 3 years before the kidnapping incident and yes Maou does take her to different places to meet with different people so she could analyze them. Even if it is not a plothole and just there to let us think that Kyousuke is Maou I don't think it fits Maou's character too much to live with someone whom he considers nothing more than a tool.

come on guys, i never said anything about him living with yuki or playing house or together searching 4 fucking happiness. like already mentioned she was only a tool for him, and therefore he banged her in the hotel room, its same as in reality, when you wanna have sex with someone, you dont need a reason for it. no deeper meaning, just sex. AND if you listen to the voice calling from the bathroom, you will agree that its yukis voice. she sounds exactly the same when first introduced at the beginning of the following chapter. i definitely dont think its by chance that first you hear a mysterious voice sweet talking with the storys antagonist & few minutes later surprise surprise theres a new chick in town.....

Sorry if someone already answered your question, but I'm going to throw in what I've heard about the whole

Maou identity thing. I was told that in every other route besides Haru's, Kyousuke is actually Maou, which makes sense, since, if I remember correctly, his therapist says something along the lines of "loving someone else will help your issues", and after he falls for one of the non-main heroines, everyone else stops encountering Maou. The other routes follow different realities anyway, so that wouldn't be that much of a stretch for Kyouhei to have actually died and for Maou to be a split personality of Kyousuke.

I love G-senjou, it's tied with Grisaia no Kajitsu for the #1 spot on my list of favorite VNs.

you definitley have a point, never thought about it that way

Don't give me the credit, someone else planted that glorious take on G-senjou in my head.  Don't actually remember who it was, but yeah, I was as confused as everyone else was until I heard the "split reality" theory, which is surprisingly common in VNs.

Aha, this is actually a very, very interesting theory to ponder about~

Maou just outright disappears/has no appearance in Tsubaki and Mizuha's routes iirc so idk about that, but in Kanon's route Kyousuke has one last chat with his therapist concluding:

oGuhGZC.png

Which could explain why Maou disappears in these routes- he is Kyousuke, and he fell in love so he abandoned his path of darkness or w/e.

This scene is also soon followed by Maou's departure in which his reasoning was:

mvHyMmP.jpg

~~
Some people argue that the whole Maou-disappearing-when-Kyousuke-falls-in-love thing could be because deep down Kyouhei loved Kyousuke so much that he was willing to abandon his quest for revenge to let Kyousuke live a happy life, but ehh I like this theory that these 'alternate universes' Kyouhei doesn't even exist and Maou is indeed Kyousuke :D