Super Challenge 2013 - Kisaragi Mio's Thread

Colorfulight

I think I can't study Japanese any more until I saw Tay's post, Super Challenge 2013. Yeah, Super Challenge! Challenge Accept!

Yesterday, I have a dream, that I reading a raw manga, watching a anime without eng/vie sub, read/watch ln/vn without translate! Omg, when i think ablut it, it so cool!

I used to learn japanese, though it only 1 month, it was been in 2 year ago, buti'm not forget hiragana and katakana(some one call me by katakana), i practice it, and i till remember it to now, it make me can read hira and kata easily...

i'm hasty people, i will learn 100 kanji one day! impossible, it too much of kanji, so, i used next day to remember them again and test myseft. it is not like 50kanji per day, it is 100 kanji per 2 days! and after more than 40 day, i can know about 2000 kanji, but it not mean i remember all of them, i will learn it again, 2 times, 3 times, or more, until i can remember completive 70% of them. it is a long time, if i complete it before fall coming, i will try to read some easy paragraph write by japanese to make me remember them better, longer and increase my skill... and i study grammar, too, of course!

My goal:

• Goal 1: Remember 1000 kanji before summer vacation
    Goal 2: Remember over 2000 Kanji and Grammar in 2013
    Goal 3: Read a chapter of some manga, or ln/vn in 2013

Study times:

• [*[before summer vacation: 8:00-9:00am or 7:00-8:00pm everyday
  • after summer vacation: 2:00-3:00pm or 7:00-8:00pm everyday

I will update after each lesson if i can...

Welcome to the group, Kisaragi!

I love how you thought out your goal as 100 Kanji in 2 days, new perspectives can give you a boost of motivation. I'll be cheering you on throughout your studies. When learning at a higher pace, reviews can make a very large impact on how well you remember the characters. But if you do ever become stuck throughout your studies, you can be sure the community here will have some great advice too keep you going. Best of luck!

Welcome to the group Mio.

Wow 100 in 2 days. I wish I was young again so my mind could do that lol. I admire your conviction and desire to learn Japanese.

Speaking from experience, make sure you make time to review. Review time is the most important as the more Kanji you learn, the longer your review times.

My goal:

Goal 1: Remember 1000 kanji before summer vacation

Goal 2: Remember over 2000 Kanji and Grammar in 2013

Goal 3: Read a chapter of some manga, or ln/vn in 2013

Those are some lofty goals. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can get them done. Just know we are here for support.

Once again, im glad you decided to join us.

Good Luck!!

Welcome : ) We're all here for you and are cheering you on!

I'll echo Ryoji's thoughts: you've got some great and tough goals! Just remember to do your best, and when/if life gets busy, be sure to scale back but don't give up!

Good luck đồng hương!! I'm learning Japanese too though I'm not sticking to a strict schedule, it's more I whenever free time. But I do admire how you set the bar high for yourself since it motivates me too.

Remember to review the already-learned kanji whenever you're learning new ones so you don't forget! :)

Hmmm. Finally, i can write this...

First update...

I have alot of work in this week... I have a big war with my parents, i'm sick, the computer have some error in hardware, I must ready to get a camping with my class, i must write review for my favorite vn to help someone who start to play vn (I can't stall it anymore), my senpai give me alot of project,etc... but i'm not give up, i'm try to learn kanji on my bed(sofa), before i'm fall asleep... so, i can't do my best... (after all, they are the reasons i use to deny that i'm too lazy to write this)

• over 200 kanji remembered in 300 kanji learned!

hmm, i don't think it is a bad result!

i used the note ticker, write down all kanji i learn and stick them every where, but it is not very effective, i can't control my hand to write them can see-able...

and the last, i can read them, i can write them, i can understand them, but i can't speak them lol

I've said this so many times I'm sure you're all sick of hearing it -- it's a GOOD thing that you're prioritizing in life, it's a major part of becoming a responsible person. Way to go :)

As for the Japanese, just keep at it. Scale back, but do not stop! Even at a snail's piece, you'll be done in a year. That's a pretty powerful life lesson in and of itself, but we're proud and excited by your progress!