New Ranks for # of Likes

I wouldn't really consider what, 200? to be low, to be honest. It's either 100 or 200... That said I don't think we have much of a like farming problem, though arguably likes are given out for funnies more than "useful" posts a lot of the time. I suppose adding a 500 tier wouldn't be terrible.

What are the levels currently?

0 Starting out

10 Liked

30 Loved

50 FuwAdored

100 FuwAmazing

200 FuwAwesome

I think that is all, not sure.

I wouldn't mind more, I would like it to keep the Fuwa theme though

Not like my opinion is that valid given the amount of likes I have :P

0 Starting out

10 Liked

30 Loved

50 FuwAdored

100 FuwAmazing

200 FuwAwesome

I think that is all, not sure.

I wouldn't mind more, I would like it to keep the Fuwa theme though

Not like my opinion is that valid given the amount of likes I have :P

FuwAmazing is 200. You've had that rank for over 900 likes and you still don't know what it's called? :ph34r:

Can we have like 666 and only 666 be the FuwApocalypse just for funzies

like have 200-665 be FuwAmazing (or w.e names & tiers should you decide to revamp) and then have 666 be FuwApocalypse, and then 667+ switch back to FuwAmazing :P

Way to rub salt in poor Nosebleed's wound :ph34r:

How about just resetting them all to 0?

On a more serious note, these are a pain to add because they appear on more than one place and the forum software doesn't have a sane way of just managing them, so they need to be added manually. There's the profile page, mini profile on mouseover, member site, and at least one other thing I'm sure I've forgotten.

The forum software allows for an up/downvote system, but let's not even get started why it would be a bad idea. There's a reason why we went away from that (about 1 1/2 years back already), and why even the simple "like" system might not be worth keeping after all - when we switched to that people started "trading" likes. Nowadays we're at a point where mostly fluff and "lulz" gets liked.

The forum software allows for an up/downvote system, but let's not even get started why it would be a bad idea. There's a reason why we went away from that (about 1 1/2 years back already), and why even the simple "like" system might not be worth keeping after all - when we switched to that people started "trading" likes. Nowadays we're at a point where mostly fluff and "lulz" gets liked.

I've stopped using the "Likes" metric altogether for any sort of meaningful engagement metric. It doesn't tell us anything anymore about the quality of somebody's posting. But I get the point that not everything has to be utilitarian. There's definitely a dopamine rush when people "like" your posts (whether or not you put much effort into them).

Just my opinion here: if people are using the "Like" button in a Facebook sort of way now (as opposed to the really old days when it semi-exclusively highlighted posts with lots of effort), I'm not sure we need more of an ego boost than "FuwAmazing!" That's already a pretty complimentary title...

^ Pretty much what my intention was when posting, but I almost slipped into rant-mode (which eventually ended up going into overdrive on TS).

I don't see a reason to update an almost meaningless system, especially when it's such a pain to do so because of IPB's overly restrictive/rigid templating. I might be willing to tweak the numbers a bit though, since they're so inflated nowadays.

^ Pretty much what my intention was when posting, but I almost slipped into rant-mode (which eventually ended up going into overdrive on TS).

I don't see a reason to update an almost meaningless system, especially when it's such a pain to do so because of IPB's overly restrictive/rigid templating. I might be willing to tweak the numbers a bit though, since they're so inflated nowadays.

Well, and on top of IPB the G.Green theme we're using implements them in kinda wonky ways. I'm not opposed with changing the numbers a little, but I'm not sure big changes are in order. We'll never be able to sufficiently honor people like Nosebleed or Ren or Batman, or Flutterz or... or... or... who, for example have >500 likes.

Then again, these are just my own thoughts and I don't have really strong feelings about it.

EDIT: Though, to be honest, FuwApocalypse as a rank does actually intrigue me... : P