Abridged VNs

Totodile

Abridged or nah?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see it done and by whom?

• Yes, some VNs could be way better with a revised script
    • No, even horrible VNs should stay how they are.
    • It would be a waste of time

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok for those of you who know what an abridged anime is , and even those of you who don't, what would you guys think about having an Abridged VN? it would be great to take a crappy/mediocre VN that had some nice CG and completely rework the script for a better release. For VNs such as Cannonball which, in my opinion, could have had a much better script we could have a fan made and sponsored Abridged patch. What do you guys think? 

Yes, but only if batman is writing the script. :wafuu:

Hm, to be honest I don't know if this would work as well for VNs as it does for anime.

I think we might get away with it, especially if we bribe batman with a double moe cookie and get him to write a bitchin script 

Once I thought about hacking Kanon, altering the translation script to my fancy (kind of like abridging it), and then re-patching it. That would also require hacking the game to display sprites and CGs when you want to. When I sat down and started trying to learn how to hack VNs, I lost all my previous motivation. 

Once I thought about hacking Kanon, altering the translation script to my fancy (kind of like abridging it), and then re-patching it. That would also require hacking the game to display sprites and CGs when you want to. When I sat down and started trying to learn how to hack VNs, I lost all my previous motivation. 

Sort of how i feel when i try to translate a VN, i normally give up mid download of the VN itself

It would be kind of funny to abridge Katawa Shoujo, it's been done quite well in some comic strips. It would also be be against their CC license, but whether anyone gives a shit is debateable (arguably covered under fair use as parody in the US as well? I suppose you might have to rely too heavily on the original assets...). Of course doing it to anything Japanese would have equal legal status, but with fan patches the way they are it's kind of a moot point in that case.

It would be kind of funny to abridge Katawa Shoujo, it's been done quite well in some comic strips. It would also be be against their CC license, but whether anyone gives a shit is debateable (arguably covered under fair use as parody in the US as well? I suppose you might have to rely too heavily on the original assets...). Of course doing it to anything Japanese would have equal legal status, but with fan patches the way they are it's kind of a moot point in that case.

Truth, and the internet is a known no-man's-land. Once it's there it's free game 

• 3 weeks later...