Increase Number of Recent Topics to 10?

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• 7+7

This poll is closed to new votes

I brought this up a while back. This was what Nayleen and Tay said:

These sorts of changes require changes (manual or plugins) to the forums software, and from what I can tell, there isn't a good or secure plugin to give us this functionality (and it's not something I can afford to spend our coders' manpower on at the moment). IP Board is getting a big upgrade soon, and maybe we'll see some of these features come through.

I suggest using the New Content function, and advanced search options (cog wheel in top right corner) to see new content and topics from a certain time period.

I'd definitely recommend waiting for the next version - since we're running a legitimate version we're eligible for the upgrade anyways, and installing anything right now would probably just mean a plugin/hook breaking, since most of them are pretty hacky (and dangerous to the forum's stability for that matter).

Same thing applies for the advanced tagging functionality that came up the other week, the plugin I tried managed to break the entire layout of Hollow Beats.

Lewy loves this change and feels that having the option of closing those panels is preventing some users from experiencing the full glory of the new forum page. He wants to know if you can remove the 'X' button :P

Serious mode: I'm for the suggestion Eclipsed made.

maybe we can compromise to make it 5 (with scrollbar to 10)