Sakura Angels going through Steam greenlight - the VN scene soon to be saved

Down

when living in a world made of shit, forced to eat shit at breakfast, forced to eat shit at lunch and forced to eat shit at dinner, then you shouldn´t wonder if you wake up at night craving for a big load of shit

tumblr_nhkklzP08O1s0sw6no1_500.gif

...What anime is this .gif from?

It's from Madoka Magica~

Thanks.  I'd started it but I haven't finished it.  Guess I should've anticipated that.

Aside from that, I understand that Sekai needs the money and all, as they're still one of the more important translation companies around, but I do hope they up the quality on their original stuff sometimes.  Maybe once the translation need dies down they'll start working on it...

I'm pretty sure Winged Cloud and Sekai Project are quite independant.

I think it was stated from Sekai project when Sakura spirit came out.

Well, they certainly seem to have some form of a link.  Thought Sekai might've just published it though I didn't remember the "developer's" name.

I don't know much, and not sure if my info is reliable.

Actually, here is the thread in question. It was made at the time when Sakura Spirit was released. You can check the replies of people that came in contact with Winged Clouds; it's quite astonishing. (Check the reply of the user called "Raithfyre").

Edit : Actually, you can also see someone from Sekai Project defend himself from being responsible for anything concerning Sakura Spirit XD

dunno, but i honestly believe that 2/3 of their games are wasted money. cant understand the hype about sekai across the web., cause on one hand they publish games which will definitely sell, like grisaia, clannad etc. (although mostly founded through kickstarters) and on the other hand they torture us readers with the worst crap ever read like sakura spirit or all age nukiges like nekopara (which is a contradiction in itself). tell me whatever you want, but with the first 2 titles named above they already have their income for the next years secured, cause they WILL sell, no matter what.
therefore if they wanted they would have the possibilties to try out publishing few high quality none mainstream vns too, but i´m sure this will stay wishful thinking.

tumblr_nguw8eZ2BF1r45133o1_500.gif

dunno, but i honestly believe that 2/3 of their games are wasted money. cant understand the hype about sekai across the web., cause on one hand they publish games which will definitely sell, like grisaia, clannad etc. (although mostly founded through kickstarters) and on the other hand they torture us readers with the worst crap ever read like sakura spirit or all age nukiges like nekopara (which is a contradiction in itself). tell me whatever you want, but with the first 2 titles named above they already have their income for the next years secured, cause they WILL sell, no matter what.

therefore if they wanted they would have the possibilties to try out publishing few high quality none mainstream vns too, but i´m sure this will stay wishful thinking.

I'm pretty sure the "translation" team and "developers" team are two different branches / entities at Sekai project. And I'm pretty sure that those two branches are working on their own thing, as the leaders of each group are different people. I'm not even sure if money they get through the selling of the games they developed themselves go to the company itself that is Sekai Project, or if it goes to individuals that worked on it as a whole (as a result, there would be no real "funds" generated by the sales).

Also, I'm no sure how their agreements with the japanese companies work, but Sekai project is definitely giving a lot of the money they get through the sales to them. They are only translator and distributors in this case after all, not creators.

na what i meant above was simply that they shouldnt play 100% on the save sit, you know. although they´re pretty young company, the managed somehow to accomplish 2 mayor deals like grisaia & clannad and therefore it would be pretty cool if they would risk something more non mainstream like.

AND it doesnt matter to me who or which or whatever group, developer etc was in the end responsible for sakura spirit, THEY publish it and THAT crappy game earns them money and it buggs me that on one hand they say stuff like hiring best translators etc for games like  grisaia and on the other hand its totally ok for them selling some crap along.
you know in some way or another your products represent your company

tumblr_nguw8eZ2BF1r45133o1_500.gif

In that reddit thread Diamon linked to, Dovac implied published OELVNs would undergo a more rigorous quality checking procedure in the future. Checking the screenshots for this game I either remember Sakura Spirit having better writing than it did, or that statement was a big fat lie. Because I can't see much difference in the quality of writing going from Sakura Spirit to Sakura Angels.