[Q2, 2015] Kancolle Naval Battle

OriginalRen

2NtlJDH.jpg

The year is 1946, and it is the dawn of a new era in Japan. The war is over, but many citizens still feel its lasting effects. All over the country, it is a moment of grief as those who remember the battles mourn the loss of those who have passed. Yet for the girls of the Kantai fleet, they know the major threat is far from finished.

A dark shadow grows in the city of Yokosuka. Enemy vessels known as the Iroha lurk in the waters surrounding the shores, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. Strange whirlpools have begun forming and must be closed before the Iroha threat destroys everything the girls hold dear.

Only a handful of fleet girls stand against this threat. Will they prevail?

Welcome to Kancolle Naval Battle!

Object of the Game:

In Kancolle Naval Battle (KNB for short), a terrible force from the water's depths is stirring, roused by the many whirlpools that are forming all over the oceans. The players must join forces to close all of the whirlpools before the Iroha threat is unleashed. If the Iroha threat defeats the fleet girls, all of Yokosuka is doomed.

The players must work together as a team of ships to close all of the whirlpools in the oceans surrounding Japan, seal them permanently, or if that fails, defeat the monstrosity that is unleashed when it awakens from depths of the sea.

Game Overview:

In KNB, the Kantai fleet girls explore the city of Yokosuka, encountering places, people, and creatures both normal and mundane. Through these adventures, the fleet girls hope to gain the tools and resources needed to confront and ultimately thwart the Iroha threat.

Early in the game, the fleet girls seek to avoid more powerful enemy vessels while moving around the city to gather weapons, special armaments, wrenches, and other items they will need.

Later, the fleet girls attempt to close a few whirlpools and seal some of the most active whirlpools.

Finally, once several whirlpools have been sealed and the fleet girls have acquired valuable weapons, special armaments, wrenches, and allies, they make a last, desperate assault on the Iroha, attempting to close or seal the final whirlpools. Either they succeed and the city survives, or they fail and the Iroha threat awakens for the climatic battle.

Be warned: If the Iroha thread awakens, the fleet girls are in for the fight of their lives!

The Fleet Girls:

Players will be allowed to choose 1 of the following ships to represent them during the game, where they will work together with their fellow fleet girls to stop the Iroha threat:

Akagi:

Jg6kJ7T.png

Akashi:

BcqWywL.png

Atago:

5CmiHab.png

Fubuki:

XFhrgMy.png

Hibiki:

SqTsCUy.png

I-19:

lk61aat.png

I-58:

PaKjpaB.png

Jintsuu:

3VPudaK.png

Kongou:

VziLVOG.png

Musashi:

3jcC9gq.png

Nagato:

kRmcXbR.png

Shimakaze:

rYEQoof.png

Tenryuu:

0FRB0yo.png

Yamato:

9rGf1ha.jpg

Yukikaze:

pRtevhf.png

Zuikaku:

t3twPrs.png

And now some notes from me personally. This game isn't an official game that I plan on doing, however I do have material made for it and have been working on it for quite some time after revamping the original Kancolle fleet battle last year. In addition to this, I have also begun constructing a Love Live School Idol game as well. This is (or was rather) 1 of the games I wanted to reveal that I had planned for 2015, however due to some recent "problems" regarding website stuff, I didn't plan on doing anything about it. Still, maybe if I get a positive response and people seem interested in playing (and by playing, I mean sticking it out until the very end), then I will maybe consider doing it.

That's it. Enjoy.

The game overall seems interesting, but I can't say much without the rules and all that. Fighting Iroha would surely be more interesting than sealing it, I love raid bosses. Well, I'll say that I am partially up for it, but things could change depending on how the game is played.

I'm definitely interested in the Love Live game, though. 

I'm not very familiar with Kancolle in general, as I've never played the game myself, but this certainly seems interesting.  Are we calling girls/ships now or do we wait until later?

Also, do the stats on the cards have any hard mechanical meanings, or are they just references for 'roleplaying' purposes, as I've decided to call it.  Simply put, how substantial is their effect?  The phrases themselves don't seem very intuitive either, such as the difference between Stamina and Fuel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...