Tears Of Tiara 2 disscusion thread

Novel21

Hello everyone at Fuwanovel, its me Novel21 and I want to talk about Tears Of Tiara 2 after I finnaly was able to buy it.

I have some question and from that we can discuss about it.

Here is question

1. What do you like about Tears Of Tiara 2?

2. What do you dont like about Tears Of Tiara 2?

3. Who is your favorite characther?

4. What do you like best between Tears Of Tiara and Tears Of Tiara 2?

I hope that was not for many question to answer.

So come and talk about Tears Of Tiara 2.

Hello everyone at Fuwanovel, its me Novel21 and I want to talk about Tears Of Tiara 2 after I finnaly was able to buy it.

I have some question and from that we can discuss about it.

Here is question

1. What do you like about Tears Of Tiara 2?

2. What do you dont like about Tears Of Tiara 2?

3. Who is your favorite characther?

4. What do you like best between Tears Of Tiara and Tears Of Tiara 2?

I hope that was not for many question to answer.

So come and talk about Tears Of Tiara 2.

I've already put so many hours into the game.. so I been slowly playing it since it's so long.  Mostly, I think because I spend a lot of time trying to be perfect in the battles (For more than half the game, I fought every battle with no casualties and always did the Bonuses... so the battles would drag on).  Now that I'm focusing on just finishing it, battles are somewhat faster since I go straight for the boss, even if I have to sacrifice some units.  I'm on chapter12 now, which seems close to the end.

Spoilers ahead!

1) I like the depth of the characters and story. It's told well enough, it made me cry couple times because I cared for the characters and the scenes were touching. It's also cool since it's a story about gods/humans living together and such so it's interesting.  Also war, political turmoil things going on so I like those types of stories.  I do feel there's a lot of emotion especially on the voicing, so they did a good job on that.

2) The battles can be very long.. even when I want to finish it quickly, it still takes time.  I mean that can be a good or bad thing.. but sometimes it can be tiring and I'd have to take breaks from the game.  Although I like the story, I think some parts seem bit unrealistic like having only couple characters taking over an enemy stronghold, etc.. but it's because you only control the few characters you have.  I think I like Fire Emblem more though in its grand scale battles, where it feels like there's an actual war going on since you use many characters at once so it feels like a huge army force.  In TtT2, you're forced to use a giant elephant in every single battle that's a bit restrictive (and takes time to switch units out).

Even though I like the story and character development.. I noticed the quality seems to be dropping a bit in their conversations as the game got further.  Like, as the group got bigger every single character would just say one line (as if to just get everyone's dialogue in so they aren't forgotten).  And it's the usual, expected lines you'd hear from them, like there isn't much change in the characters personalities.  I like to see growth in the characters.. but I don't think there's really any significant change in anyone (except Hamil and Tarte maybe).

3) My favorite character is Tarte (Astarte).  Because she's a kind goddess, and really sweet with Hamil. She's not just the usual heroine support character but is actually quite strong herself and fights in the front lines with her freaking giant sword! (Her attack stats are normally higher than even Hamil's)  Despite being a goddess, she acts shy around Hamil when it gets lovey-dovey.. I wish she'd just outright say what she really thinks/feels more, but it's still cute.

4) I never played Tears to Tiara 1, so can't comment on that.

Just wanted to share some of my thoughts on it ^^  thanks for asking.

I've played tears of tiara and it's on my top VNs because despite having not much story and so much gameplay it was really different from what i experienced thus far, it was a RPG with romantic elements which i always liked. I'm looking forward to one day copping part 2