62 members have voted

1. 1. How do you choose a Heroine/Hero?

• Appearance
    • Personality
    • Relatability
    • Cohesiveness (seems a fit for the MC)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't know.. I just choose more or less randomly without putting to much thought into it.

In Grisaia no Kajitsu I more or less just took them in the order their seperate route appeared. I took Makina as nr. 2 because I didn't want to take her money :P

Holy flying unicorn (noticed the avatar afterward, mind you). I did the exact same.

As for how I choose my heroines, I like to save the best for last. Though sometimes choices make me go for something first (I can't refuse a confession or pleading girl the first time).

The first route depends either on when I can get it and/or the heroine: i.e. in S;G  

I accidentally got Suzuha's ending, but I would've gotten hers first anyway because it's invariably easier to get than others.

and in Ever17 

I went with Sora's first because she appealed the most to me and all routes took a similar amount of time.

About the favorite character decision, it honestly depends from person to person.

However, given some of my favorite characters are Haruka(Never7), Sora (Ever17), Luna (Virtue's Last Reward) and Mikan (Super Danganronpa 2), I guess (spoilers for all 4 games)

I have something for shy girls, preferably cybernetic/artificial.

Weird.

...Let's just go with "shy".

For nukige though, I have a formula(for the conventional nukige heroines): 

attractiveness = first& favorite route = beautiful face * breast size 

Notice that if one of the variables is 0, that makes the whole equation zero. So yeah, no lolis for me

Edit: Out of the poll options, "Relatability" is the closest for me

Well, a lot of the time for me... I end up picking them as they come up.

First Heroine shows up:

Me -- "YOU! I need you!!!"

Second Heroine shows up:

Me -- "No, YOU... I need you!!!"

Repeat this process of choosing and you would basically get how I pick my heroine. She tends to be the last heroine introduced, but sometimes I make exceptions... Looking at you Kyou.

After that, I pick them according to personal preference.

I picked other.

The route order I chose usually has nothing to do with how much I like a heroine. I usually try to get a spoiler-free consensus on the quality of each route in whatever I'm reading and work my way from worst to best. 

If I read a VN where the quality of writing is inconsistent, I read the good quality routes and then stop. 

Guest -Shizuku-

I am that weird kind of person that loves when heroine has either problems with herself or social problem (for example is poor/getting bullied), is deadly or nearly deadly sick or have a problems with showing her feelings to the others. The appearence is important too though I rarely would resign of heroine if she met one of these conditions above. About protagonist - as long as he isn't going after every single girl he sees and doesn't want to stick his stick into them I'm ok, also nooo fat protag. Seriously - Accel world pls ;-;

First route is based on personality. Typically, my favourite heroes/heroines are the ones that develop the most and in interesting ways, but my second option is if they have good chemistry with the protagonist. Then it's their personality, and admittedly I have a few types that have the potential to override the first two points anyway...