Now Hiring: Recognition Team Boss

Tay

Title: Recognition Team Leader

Position Description: The Recognition team is going to be a group of volunteers who will be tasked with noticing and publicy recognizing cool people, cool projects and cool discussions in the Fuwanovel community. The team will make forums posts, blog posts (working with the blog editor, Zaka), and submit suggestions to the social media teams about the cool stuff they find.

I need somebody who has a good pulse on the forums (and is willing to learn more about/follow other aspects of Fuwanovel), is interested in highlighting the cool stuff (people, projects, discussions), and is self-motivated to build the recognition program with me. I have a basic framework for how the group will function, but the team leader gets to call a lot of the shots. They'll have fairly generous observational permissions and work with pretty much all the Fuwanovel Projects.

Requirements: 

1. Follow the forums fairly closely (not obsessively, but you have a pulse for the posters and the new content each week)
  2. Willing to learn about all the other Fuwa programs (front site, blog, reviews, moderation, and history)
  3. You want to highlight cool people and cool stuff! People deserve warm fuzzies!
  4. Self-motivated -- I'll hand you the framework, but a lot of the end product is up to you. You'll get to choose your team members (and how many there are) and you'll have a fair amount of autonomy to run the project
  5. Be willing to put up with my failings and walls of text : P

Benefits: While I can't pay you (sorry! Fuwa's a negative cash flow venture), you do get to do cool stuff like working with cool people, writing posts in the blog* and forums about the things you want to highlight, have a lot of autonomy and run your own project, and, most important, highlight your friends and fellow Fuwanovel-dwellers and the cool things they do. Oh, and you get your own super-secret hideout board. 

How to Apply: really hope somebody out there feels called to this job! You can PM me through the forums (please title your PM: "Recognition Leader Application") or send me an email (archmagetay at yahoo dot com). Let me know why you're interested in the job, if you have any misgivings about it, and if you're comfortable with what it entails. 

* Posts still published by the blog editor, but you have full permissions to write them up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everybody who submitted an application for this position should have received a PM from me with additional questions to fill out. If you applied for the recognition team lead position and didn't hear from me, please send me a PM as soon as possible. I'll be going through the responses on Friday of this week, so please try and have them in by then.

I appreciate your patience, and I'm extremely happy to see so much interest in this position (way more applications than I expected). There are so many great people here on Fuwanovel who deserve to be showered with love and praise, and I'm very pleased with the quality of the applicants who are going to help us make that happen!