Forums Reorganization - Part II

Finalizing the Forums Reorganization

So. Now that I’ve confused many of you with the GD overhaul, I figure now is as good a time as any to finish the rest of the forums reorganization projects. Specifically: the community hub and improvements boards are being merged and the birthday, competition, and giveaway threads have been moved to the Lounge. There are a few more topics to be sorted (they’re currently tucked away in the “(Temp) Community Archive” board), but we’re almost there. The community projects board is focused more or less exclusively on Fuwanovel related work. A guide to where to post different kinds of threads is forthcoming.

Changes to the forums organization are shown below in red/bold (subforums excluded):

Visual Novel Discussion
  • VN Talk
  • Recommendations
  • Walkthroughs
  • Game FAQs and Tech Support

Development Boards
  • Fan Project & TL discussion
  • Ongoing Projects

Fuwanovel Community
  • Introduce Yourself  < = Come tell us who you are!
  • Lounge < = Moved from Other Discussion, renamed to “Members’ Lounge” (see note at end of this post)
  • Community Projects and Feedback < = Merged Hub with Improvements, requests sub-board renamed “Request a Change/Report Site Problems”, restructuring of hidden project boards

Other Discussion
  • Anime/Manga Talk
  • Gaming Talk
  • General Discussion 
  • Chatter 
  • Downloads & Requests

Staff Boards
  • Global Moderators Forum
  • Board Moderators Forum

We’re going to give it two weeks -- 14 days -- to settle down and see if these changes work or, alternately, bring about the end of the world. Should we all remain conscious and in full possession of free will (not zombies) on the 11th, we’ll open up the floodgates for feedback. (I mean, go ahead and vent here if you want, but a specific feedback period will start then)

I just had this figured out too OTP

It's cruel. I know it. Forgive me...

Though with people trickling back post-holiday I thought I'd finish it up now so that we don't get used to anything that's just going to change again right away. These should be the last changes until I flip the switches for the different leadership group boards.

Everything is going in the right direction, but I'm seeing a bit of ambiguity between threads on Community Projects and Feedback and threads on its sub boards.

I agree. Part of that is because the old improvement board wasn't sorted very vigilantly (requests were often made outside the request board) and I didn't take much time to filter them out. That said: site requests/bug reports should 100% and with no exceptions go in the dedicated Requests/Reports board

Right now there are only 3 public sub-boards: the Requests/Reports, Archive (will keep), and the temporary Community Archive which needs to have its topics sorted into the correct boards (after which I'll delete the forum itself). The some of the non-public projects boards also have threads in the Community board, but that's alright for now (until the site workflows get updated in the next day or so).

I agree. Part of that is because the old improvement board wasn't sorted very vigilantly (requests were often made outside the request board) and I didn't take much time to filter them out. That said: site requests/bug reports should 100% and with no exceptions go in the dedicated Requests/Reports board

Right now there are only 3 public sub-boards: the Requests/Reports, Archive (will keep), and the temporary Community Archive which needs to have its topics sorted into the correct boards (after which I'll delete the forum itself). The some of the non-public projects boards also have threads in the Community board, but that's alright for now (until the site workflows get updated in the next day or so).

Unless I missed something, Ren already moved everything out of Community Archive...

The main thing was that the Archive, Community Projects and Feedback, and Request a Change/Report Site Problems all have a bit of similarities, which I have already begun to iron out. Wanting to consolidate some of these 2 page boards, but I will wait until the workflow is changed before doing anything major