Harmonia

Life

On the translation - looks like pretty choppy sentences nearly everywhere, and also some unnatural word choice, but there's nothing that bothers me grammatically or orthographically. We'll see how the finished product compares to those few frames, but while I'm not thrilled about this preview, if the end result is at least at that level it's unlikely to pull me out of the immersion, and that's good enough for me. The non-Japanese-speaking VN community is just not throwing enough money at these companies to really justify anything better, so with this meeting my minimum bar, I'll deal.

At least Key picked a cliche plot this time.  I wonder if they can fuck it up with how much it's been overdone before.

Can Key learn from it's predecessors? 

Probably not.

This is not exploited at all in vns, I mean he is not student, he doesnt have any friend *insert random childhood friend that is madly in love with him here* that wakes him up everyday, her sister is not "secretly" in love with him. Is not set in Japan, he is not even human!!!! Those are cliche, this is not, at least not in the vns world.

It doesn't have to be exploited in VNs, just in general.  I'm all for rehashing old plots, as nothing is really new.  However that doesn't change that the setting has been done plenty before in other forms of media, which Key can pull from and learn from when writing this.  A cliche is a cliche regardless of medium.

At least Key picked a cliche plot this time.  I wonder if they can fuck it up with how much it's been overdone before.

Can Key learn from it's predecessors? 

Probably not.

This is not exploited at all in vns, I mean he is not student, he doesnt have any friend *insert random childhood friend that is madly in love with him here* that wakes him up everyday, her sister is not "secretly" in love with him. Is not set in Japan, he is not even human!!!! Those are cliche, this is not, at least not in the vns world.

It doesn't have to be exploited in VNs, just in general.  I'm all for rehashing old plots, as nothing is really new.  However that doesn't change that the setting has been done plenty before in other forms of media, which Key can pull from and learn from when writing this.  A cliche is a cliche regardless of medium.

true that but still is refreshing too see that they are not doing what everyone else is doing in this specific medium, even them..

I think key can pull it off, they did it with planetarian back then why cant they do it again? lets have a little faith in them.

• 1 month later...