which charas are begging for a "flying elbow" from rio?

XReaper

hi there guys,

im wondering which charas in vns or other games were so damn annoying, that it fryed your brain while playing, or whatever fabricated bullshit by them, let you to stalling or dropping the game.
same goes for protags whose constant behavior killed your mood, cause it went absolutely against everything you had done in their case.

as for me, i had the very urgent desire to crawl into my laptop and whip their asses when it came to:

tears to tiara 1 

whole cast, especially arawn and his harem, but arthurs whole peronality was also too much for me, having no own will and happily watching every single girl getting screwed by arawn, thanks. next.

a profile

mious whole reasoning why prostituting herself and the protags behavior there.

ar tonelico 2

both main heroines except mir were so damn annoying. whole intelspere thing, the endless whining about unfair lives and better lives blablabla it was just too much for me. especially luca permamently accusing closhe for having "killed" her dear sister and other revatails, than suddenly hearing  that closhe IS her sister and out of nowhere the mood changes from "I´m gonna kill this bitch i hate so much" to "hey there, long time no see, want some snacks".

protag should have grabbed cocona and escaped far, far away while he had a chace to

Kikokugai

kong taoluo when it comes to ruili and other way round.

school days cause it simply was the overkill for me

For me, it was Takumi from Chaos;head. Such an unreliable narrator and so whiny, his delusions disrupted the flow of the story and infuriated me to no end in the beginning because I didn't understand why he was acting so erratically. Of course, his delusions get addressed later on in the VN and we learn why he was acting this way but it still didn't alleviate the initial impression I got from this character. It's a bitter pill to swallow but things do start mellow out later on until we get to see Takumi grow as a character.

Haven't read Fate Stay/ Night yet, but from what I saw in the Deen adaptation I can already feel the ominous wind coming from the hate that Shirou will get later on in here.

Yoshino Sakura from Da Capo

She was the very first loli character that managed to annoy me so much I ctrl skipped her route.

Her character, throughout the whole game, consists of this annoying brat that can do nothing else but bug you 24/7 for no god damn reason other than the fact she likes you, ruining your relationships with your friends in the process (and being aware of it) and.. just.. ughhh

I thought I'd never get tired of hearing the word "Onii-chan" but this girl managed to make that possible.

On top of that she always acts better than anyone else, I didn't even get to her route and I already wanted to murder her, but when I DID get to her route I discovered how annoying she can really be so I skipped everything.

It's a shame she also made appearances in other routes to dumb them down, thankfully not as bad as the common route.

Hisao from Katawa Shoujo

It depends from route to route but there were several moments of him being such an inconsiderate ass that it made me want to punch the screen out of frustration.

The worst part for me was him trying to justify sleeping with Misha during Shizune's route (bad ending) to himself. It was pretty much like this: "Well I don't have the heart to send her away, might as well sleep with her then." Uhh what?

The worst part for me was him trying to justify sleeping with Misha during Shizune's route (bad ending) to himself. It was pretty much like this: "Well I don't have the heart to send her away, might as well sleep with her then." Uhh what?

In Hisao's defense, you're the one that chooses that option, so it's somewhat natural the story takes that douchebag turn (I mean, how do you justify cheating?), although I think it's inconsistent with his personality but regardless it's a bad end for a reason.

In Hisao's defense, you're the one that choses that option, so it's somewhat natural the story takes that douchebag turn (I mean, how do you justify cheating?), although I think it's inconsistent with his personality but regardless it's a bad end for a reason.

Well then that's just shoddy writing then I guess

(Shizune's route is a trainwreck for sure)

Have to agree with Nosebleed about Sakura from Da Capo.

Grisaia no Kajitsu 

Don't know if it deserved a kick in the butt, but Amane's bitch-in-heat mode for almost the whole route really ticked me off, to the point of making me hate her forever.

Comyu - Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku

Caesar's attitude made me want to punch him a lot, along with the main character in certain situations. Same goes for the delinquent dude, can't remember his name eventhough I played the last route a few days ago.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

Chisato's obsession with her brother's death and how she had the MC practicaly blackmailed by that.

I'm really lax in general when it comes to characters so I've never had this "omg X character so friggen' annoying/fry my brains/have to take a break from this VN".

Characters that have irked me a bit though include:

Rewrite's Yoshino- I didn't really like his dynamics & bantery friendship-rival-enemy thing going on with Kotarou :P. They had some interesting moments, but eh.

HoshiMemo's Chinami- the first 30 minutes of "onii-chan onii-chan onii-chan!!!!!!!!!" spam was painful, but she later grew on me  :heart:

KonoSora's Mr. what's his face. The teacher. Such a pointless antagonist!@#

~~~
Though worst of all for me would be Takumi from Chaos;Head for the reasons Eldritch pointed out. I'm a Slice-of-Life Group-of-Friends kinda guy so having Takumi close himself off from everybody and having these weird ass delusions was a big no-no.

Remi in Osadai, especially in Yukino's route.

Akihito in Harukoi Otome, especially in Yuika's route...come to think it most of the important characters in that route need one too.

Pretty much any heroine's friend whose sole purpose in the game is to interfere with the MC and said heroine getting together. Actually, flying elbow is too nice for those characters, this is more fitting:

Bane_breaks_Batman.png

now that you mention it, yes i had the very same issues with harukoi otome, first i thought i would enjoy her route the most, but than baaam oikawa popped out of nowhere and greatly ruined my mood.
read protags sisters route prior to yuikas and hoped for fluffness after the endless drama, but got badly kicked in my balls by the narrator. one of my worst vn experiences so far

Gasai/Comyu; i just hate how arrogant he is, and i really wanna slap him with a salmon or a tuna.

Mirror/Dengeki Stryker; Almost the same as gasai,seems to know it all and my god his voice...

Arthur/Tears of tiara;ah god damn he is annoying, just annoying no matter what reason he is just god damn annoying.

Aoi/Majikoi;he is a prick nuff said.

ahhh suddenly remembered a certain dude, the ever bullied man with nerves made of steel,
its Chouji from Ikinari. not that i disliked him in general, cause most of his actions were understandable after reading few routes, but what kept bugging me was his behavior throughout ryous route.
first thing, he´s freaking strong himself (whole one-who-splits-the-river crap), has endurance like a bull on testesterons, learned some super moves after leaving the small town in his childhood and despite all this he gets badly beaten up and even knocked out by ryou in his attempt to kiss her. dunno if the main event with her fist in his ass was ment as a joke, but that was surely the overkill in my eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Nanjou's just an usual bully. Nothing too spectacular to hate about her.

I vote for any tsundere with very, very, very few exceptions (Akiha from tsukihime being the only one that comes to memory- and I've read over 300 VNs, tld and untld). 

• 3 weeks later...

Yoshino Sakura from Da Capo

She was the very first loli character that managed to annoy me so much I ctrl skipped her route.

Her character, throughout the whole game, consists of this annoying brat that can do nothing else but bug you 24/7 for no god damn reason other than the fact she likes you, ruining your relationships with your friends in the process (and being aware of it) and.. just.. ughhh

I thought I'd never get tired of hearing the word "Onii-chan" but this girl managed to make that possible.

On top of that she always acts better than anyone else, I didn't even get to her route and I already wanted to murder her, but when I DID get to her route I discovered how annoying she can really be so I skipped everything.

It's a shame she also made appearances in other routes to dumb them down, thankfully not as bad as the common route.

Exactly my thoughts. I was almost going to stop reading her route entirely.