PSP or the Vita?

Kaede

Hi everyone...

I wanted to know what your thoughts were as far as whether a PSP or a Vita was a better buy for their selection of visual novels. I know that for a while, the PSP still had a better selection (especially for Japanese games that haven't been localized), but more recently, some VNs are getting ported to the Vita. Also, some PSP games can be bought digitally off of PSN and played on the Vita (but I don't know if this is the case for a lot of VNs though).

Since the PSP is older, it's less expensive. But the Vita has a better display... I may even end up getting both at some point, but for now I'm trying to figure out which has more VNs accessible. Thoughts?

Most VNs that come out now for portable systems are on Vita so I'd say go for the Vita because if you go for the PSP your selection of VNs will increasingly become more limited whereas if you go for the vita it will grow bigger (until Sony releases a new portable).

Not to mention a lot of older PSP ports get Vita ports.

Also there's PSP emulators, not much point in getting a PSP at this point in time really.

But that's assuming there's an ISO file for the game, right?

Yes, but chances are the games you're interested in already have an ISO out there, I have yet to find a PSP game I couldn't download off the internet. You should research that as well before making a decision.

Still, even if there's no ISO for a particular PSP game you want I still say that planning for the future is better than going for older systems, it just pays off in the long run, you'll be able to play more recent stuff that comes out and with a PSP you can't because no more VNs will come out for it