Inconsistencies in Fuwanovel's PM System - Message Subject

This is probably really weird for a thread... But I don't know where else to report this finding. (I've decided to post here as per Tay's "Important Note")

Anyway, I'll do my best to showcase this with pictures.
Tutorial_1.png

Tutorial_2.png

But if I click "Use Full Editor" with a huge subject already inserted it doesn't cut it off. 

Full Editor doesn't let me write subject bigger than a certain amount of letters, but it's fine if one was already there.

You've discovered the secret of Fuwanovel, everything is over!

Well I didn't know there was a way around the subject size limit so this is actually helpful, I hope there's a way to allow subjects to be bigger in the full editor since that's the editor I more often than not end up using.

PS: Your thread title is as overly long as your PM subject, I thought it'd be something huge and was disappointed, please refund.

You've discovered the secret of Fuwanovel, everything is over!

Well I didn't know there was a way around the subject size limit so this is actually helpful, I hope there's a way to allow subjects to be bigger in the full editor since that's the editor I more often than not end up using.

PS: Your thread title is as overly long as your PM subject, I thought it'd be something huge and was disappointed, please refund.

Making over-sized titles, writing subjects that are too long and filling my posts with useless clutter are my specialty.

Unfortunately, I opted for using pictures for clarity's sake, which means I wasn't able to fill my posts with unneeded words. 

I think the real question is why you were sending a PM to one "champignonkinoko" and why you were so desperate to hide said fact.  :conspiracy:

You've got me intrigued. How did you arrive at the conclusion I was trying to PM that person? Were you looking around at the people in Ongoing Projects with that number of likes?

And I wasn't or am desperate to hide the identity of who I was PM'ing. My logic circuits thought it wouldn't be nice to show the name in public without consent.

You've got me intrigued. How did you arrive at the conclusion I was trying to PM that person? Were you looking around at the people in Ongoing Projects with that number of likes?

And I wasn't or am desperate to hide the identity of who I was PM'ing. My logic circuits thought it wouldn't be nice to show the name in public without consent.

The number of likes was the biggest hint, but I had no idea which board the person might be on so I looked through the whole site. The fact that they had a long name also helped narrow it down.

I get a strange urge when I see some minor detail on a screenshot that I can use to find out something completely unrelated. >.>

The number of likes was the biggest hint, but I had no idea which board the person might be on so I looked through the whole site. The fact that they had a long name also helped narrow it down.

I get a strange urge when I see some minor detail on a screenshot that I can use to find out something completely unrelated. >.>

What a detective. Next time I'll bother with the number of likes as well. 

Either way, morally I'm safe, since not only did I try, as I haven't confirmed anything.

There's a hard cap of 40 characters for some reason on the full form, but not on the small one, dunno why that inconsistency exists. I'll check the database really quick to see about DB limits (which are the actual cap).

WHV4ZNq.gif

Edit: VARCHAR(255), so this is a really weird inconsistency. One I'm unable to fix without the ability to edit forum templates, unfortunately.

Wow. That's impressive. Never noticed (and most of my PM titles are super long).

Do the people demand this be fixed? Please be aware this involves letting a particular German who shall not be named into the Inner Sanctum.

Wow. That's impressive. Never noticed (and most of my PM titles are super long).

Do the people demand this be fixed? Please be aware this involves letting a particular German who shall not be named into the Inner Sanctum.

Perks (can you even call it that?) of the job. If you send 20 PM's a day you start noticing this kind of thing.

If by fixed you mean allowing long titles then indubitably! Otherwise, if you want to shorten the title please overlook this o'mighty lord.