Fate/Stay Night -- Hollow Ataraxia

Tay

Just going to say this, but you probably shouldn't call this thread Fate/Stay Night - Hollow Ataraxia. Fate/hollow ataraxia is a sequel fandisc game that isn't a part of the FSN game so the title is a bit misleading, it should really be Fate/hollow ataraxia. (btw lower case is the proper formatting)

I do agree. And the game is named Fate/Hollow Ataraxia itself. Btw, is this necessarily needed? I do believe that it is attainable to get a 100% completion even if you don't have any walkthrough. The game itself isn't that hard to complete. Just asking anyway.

Well, take a look at this one. It seems we are more interested in being completionists than useful.

We've even had people make Walkthroughs for Kinectic novels (which got promptly thrown in the fire).

Oh, wow. Replies! Thanks for all the input!

RE: Title -- Fortunately I do know that : P. I'm trying a few things with search engine keywords and wanted a thread about HA to test. It'll be renamed before it's finished. (PS: I usually make my walkthroughs in secret in random corners of the staff boards, but since I needed it to be an experiment I put it out publicly. It's kinda silly to make a placeholder post. Apologies for that!)

RE: Content -- Yeah, the game's pretty simple and you can't screw up too much. The purpose of the guide will be to focus on a solid introduction, Quiz Ogre questions, and then certain "checkpoints" where I'll write up explanations of what's going on with explanations of/links to the lore. A lot of people get really confused early on in the game or with references to certain characters/organizations that are really only found in the expanded FSN universe. These checkpoint guides will be something along the lines of: "If you get to this point and are confused, read this." 

So, yes, we're agreed that the game doesn't need a traditional walkthrough. There's still potential there for a guide, and since the FSN walkthrough is still fairly popular it makes sense we get one out in the near future.

hmm i agree with Tay...the game might seem simple but as i have just finished it myself i can say that there are points that people will not get...there is alot of story linking between F/Ha and the rest of the Fate series...i was even surprised to see the link with Fate/illya kalaeido.(sorry for bad spelling)...If there is something someone does not get or is confused about that doesnt have any mention in F/Ha then they could look here..but i am sure for people who have watched the whole series or read it will understand most of what is said and done..Good luck Tay.

Ah, now that you mention it, it does make sense. But I guess it would be like a guide for the mini games and such.

As for the checkpoints, hmmm maybe it will work out somehow? Honestly, with the help of the skip function, it would be a breeze to complete each check points but if you want to know which checkpoint to pass, this guide would be handy.

Actually, since we're talking here already, I think I need some assistance on my end.

After playing through the 'Crest Fever' scene,

(10/08, School on scene select, w/ Tohsaka Rin)

It said I had unlocked a new scene, though the instructions said 'go to the entrance on the holiday morning' which may make sense depending on the context, but it sounds like such a roundabout method and doesn't seem to really work mechanically.  If anyone knows how to access the scene unlocked by going through this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Zodai.

There should be a new set of scenes available from the "Entry Hall" of the Emiya Residence and as long as you have at least one of the scenes unlocked, it should show up every morning except the 8th.

IC5eH8O.jpg

To confirm, is that not showing up?

Ah, right... on topic... um... Tay, feel free to take whatever you want from the translation project thread without crediting. There's a minigame item collection guide there that'd be pretty useful, a scene lookup guide, etc.

There should be a new set of scenes available from the "Entry Hall" of the Emiya Residence and as long as you have at least one of the scenes unlocked, it should show up every morning except the 8th.

IC5eH8O.jpg

To confirm, is that not showing up?

Ah, right... on topic... um... Tay, feel free to take whatever you want from the translation project thread without crediting. There's a minigame item collection guide there that'd be pretty useful, a scene lookup guide, etc.

Thanks!

Because I like repeating people: When you get "new scene" notices it's either referring to new scenes in the actual game (you'll get the "New!" badges over the location tile) or Eclipse scenes (generally H-scenes, but not all) which are accessed on the main menu. As long as you're repeating the days looking for the "New!" and "!" badges, you won't miss anything.