DRAMAtical Murder game won't start

MajseMizz

Hey,

I downloaded Dramatical murders looking at this guide: http://meganecchi.tumblr.com/dmmdsetup#locale

I'm operating with windows 8.

I click DMMd_crack_for_ver110.exe and the game opens with a black screen and a couple seconds later, it closes! It all does the same thing when I click it.

The computer IS set to Japanese and when i try open DMMd.exe it opens and says something in japanese (which i don't understand) and all i can do is press ''OK''. Then nothing happens. I've done everything in the guide and I'm starting to become desperate.

Please help. I hope to play this one day - I'm not the biggest Computer Genius.

From the tumblr page:

When I start the game, the black screen comes up, but then either a) the game closes or B) the black screen is endless.
Usually, this is the result of not completing the step of changing your locale into Japanese. However, I have also seen many instances where the locale has been changed and this error still occurs; in this case, try the following: 

- Set your locale back to English, restart, then change to Japanese and restart again. Run the game to see if the issue is fixed.
- Install AppLocale from Microsoft and try running the game through this instead.

Though I personally don't recommend AppLocale but if that'd fix it for you then that's good.

Thanks for the (quick) answer.

I tried to turn it from japanese - into English - then back but it seems to not have been working..

Also I can not install AppLocale - because of an error saying I need something installed already which I don't have.

This problem pops up around here often it seems..

Are you running the crack from a shortcut? If you are, try running the crack directly from the folder it's in-

Also, did you try runing the crack as administrator? If not, do it (rick click > run as administrator)

If that doesn't work, try updating your DirectX: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

And doing the steps above again.

A lot of people have reported that uninstalling and re-installing/redownloading has fixed the issue too

It still won't Work..

I'm terribly sorry but I'm also not sure what shortcut is. But I am running it directly from the folder.

I'll try to re-install it now then. I will report how it end out.

I guess it probably still won't work. (Nothing ever Works when I'm using a computer..)

Okay, now it's closer to working.. Now I get another problem that I've seen others also have.

The game starts but all I see is a Black screen. The music plays and if I press the Esc button it shows ''Quit the game?'' but I cant do anything at all. I'll start with looking around for answers to that but if you have any answers please tell! <3

Thank you so much for your help so far

A shortcut is.. well a shortcut.

Basically you're not clicking the original DMMd_crack_for_ver110.exe file, you're clicking on a path that leads to it.

But you've already said you're running it directly from the folder so that's out.

Oh I forgot to ask a basic question: Are the files set to read-only?

Select all the files > right click > properties > uncheck read-only

Make sure youre torrent client is not seeding anything too.

Anyway.. digging up the forums I only found one possible solution which is to install CCCP codecs

http://www.cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccp

This is the last thing I could find, if it doesn't fix it I'm out of ideas..

Ah hey again,

I'm sorry I haven't answered, my internet went down and you know all that stuff.

Well I got it working just today. I reinstalled and it seems something downloaded wrong (which I've read also can be the problem most of the times) and when I was done I tried open it and it all went fine. Then I closed it and it didn't work anymore. I then turned the japanese off and on again and it all works now (but only when I open it in the folder) 

Thank you so much for your help ^^ I'm happy it all works!

• 2 years later...