White Christmas

Flutterz

I guess this is kind of similar to the "Indirect Kiss" topic. Has anyone ever heard of a White Christmas outside of VNs/anime/etc.? I was thinking about this recently because in both of the places I've lived Christmas always had snow, and plenty of it. And yet right now it's +10 here, and all of the snow we had (which wasn't much in the first place) has already melted, so this is my first non-white Christmas. :P

I've never had nor seen a white Christmas irl, so i wouldn't know the feel. I do hope i can see it one day. #Altitude2low4snow

More like the gulf stream giving you guys a lot of warm air. Last year, even Texas got snow here in the USA (veeery unusual)

We get snow where I'm from every year, though this year's Christmas Eve it is raining. Apparently, it's supposed to turn to snow tomorrow though. There not being snow in Christmas is odd, doesn't feel like December when I look out the window.

I guess it'd make sense that it's more widely known is places where snow can happen on Christmas but not necessarily. There's not much reason for people to talk about it if your Christmas always has snow or never does.

We do get delayed snow fall some years, though we still refer to it as a white Christmas, especially if it happens snow right before Christmas day. So I'm familiar with the term. I'm from Michigan btw, state of inconsistent weather.

I guess it'd make sense that it's more widely known is places where snow can happen on Christmas but not necessarily. There's not much reason for people to talk about it if your Christmas always has snow or never does.

That makes perfect sense as to why I've known the phrase forever and you haven't. Living in New York City Christmas's are cold, but snow is a bit unlikely. Usually we only get 2 or 3 snow storms a year. So for one of those storms to happen during Christmas would be kind of romantic. 

White Christmas is also a movie. It's a pretty common term outside of anime/manga, at least I thought it was... Everyone also speculates about whether it's going to be a white Christmas, or mutter that it's gonna be a white Christmas, or this winter sigh with relief because no snow! Green Christmas!

...Yeah, according to the weather network there won't really be snow in my area. Less than 1cm where I'm going. Even less where I live. This will be the first green Christmas I can actually remember... and one of the few my mom can remember since she came to Canada twenty-five years ago! ...I don't even live that far North...