The next Character  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which character should I choose for my next episode?

• Iskander
    • Gilgamesh
    • Rider (Fate/Stay Night)
    • Caster (Fate/Stay Night)
    • Lancer (Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night)
    • Caster (Fate/Zero)
    • Berserker (Fate/Stay night)
    • Assassin (Fate/Stay night)
    • Assassin (Fate/Zero)

This poll is closed to new votes

AsAO3T6.png

Hello all, and welcome a to Fate/History! This is a YouTube show I've started, with the purpose of comparing the historical/legendary characters that appear in the fate universe, with their real counterparts. (though calling it Fate/History/Legends sounds a bit too long, eh?)

If anyone wants me to do another character next time, feel free to ask me.

So for my first episode, I've chosen Saber-chan, and the original Arthur Pendragon. Enjoy:

Please not: My comparison is meant for hilarity/education purposes only. If this video somehow butt-hurts you go F yourself  Then you probably watched it wrong. Feel free to un-watch it.

Update: A poll has been added to see which character you guys want next.

HMm pretty interesting.. Well like my names suggests i am a Fate fan and a saber fan.. just want to mention that people who have read the Fate Vn and Attaraxia Vn will mention that it has alot more information about her and her "counterpart".

Funny thing about her Design was that it actually made me doubt History itself, and made it feel like Type moons version was better..but thats ofcourse my personal opinion.. I have yet to watch the latest series but i have a feeling even more information might be released for those that have not read the Vn..

Babi, babi, babi. You knew I would want to rage at this... However there isn't actually that much to rage about, you defied my expectations.

1st point - About the legend of pulling out the sword, where only the one destined to be king can pull it out.

That indeed was what happened if you read fate(route) instead of just watching the anime. On the Visual novel it is said in one of saber's flashbacks that many tried to pull out the sword and none could, so they wanted to try to choose the king by a tournament. Yet years ago Merlin had already profecised that Saber would indeed be the one to pull out the sword, the dialog between Merlin and Saber was just to warn her and assure her of what was going to happen, she was the only one that could pull out that sword.

2nd point(also last I think) - Regarding Arthur's gender, you answered yourself when you got (Old Fate)/(Fate Origin)/(Fate/Prototype) into the mix. Also since his own existence is questioned so it wouldn't be impossible for a girl pass herself as a man and no one comes to know that(Highly improbable though). Because well, myths and legends aren't supposed to be consistent.

Well there wasn't that much to deconstruct about your points, because you didn't bash it as much as I thought you would.

• 4 months later...

as to sabers gender, look in to pope joan the 1st, woman pretending to be men to be able to hold a powerful position of authority really did happen it was uncommon sure but definitely not unheard of. often people at the higher levels would even know of the deception and pretend they had no knowledge since it was working out well, and only when it was forcibly brought in to the light would they act like they were duped and cry outrage.