Angel Beats!-1st beat- in May 2015

ryouuuuu

Seeing that CG, I am ready. No character backstory to be left untold!

Being a huge fan of the anime (and what got me into otaku culture) was Angel Beats, I can't wait for this.

I read the little bit that is translated of Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door and I am hoping for the VN to show a flashback of Iwasawa's and Hisako's first performance together. My hype is real, I hope I can read japanese by the time it is released.

I read the little bit that is translated of Angel Beats! - Heaven's Door and I am hoping for the VN to show a flashback of Iwasawa's and Hisako's first performance together. My hype is real, I hope I can read japanese by the time it is released.

As have I, which would be great to see. Heaven's Door was pretty interesting and I'd want expanded on in the VN.

http://kazamatsuri.org/jun-maeda-shares-new-details-about-angel-beats-1st-beat/

So hyped, holy shit. What is this? Kreygasming all over the place.

Iwasawa's Route:

"What would happen if love blooms in the afterlife?"

"What would two people who love each other do in this situation?"

This route will stab you in the heart.

"Guild can be destroyed by Angel."

"Otonashi awakens to his homosexuality (?!)"

This route will stab you in the heart.

AS IF I WASN'T ALREADY AWARE OF THAT ;---------------------------------; 

"Otonashi awakens to his homosexuality (?!)"

I was more surprised about this to be honest.

I really like Iwasawa in the anime (she needs more love though), and her route sounds really promising.

..I think this is the time to double my effort in learning Japanese -_-

So I have a question as someone who hasn't watched the show, what is this game going to be to people have already seen the anime, and what is it going to be to people who haven't? Is it an adaptation, will the stories or characters differ? Is the show going to be required viewing?

So I have a question as someone who hasn't watched the show, what is this game going to be to people have already seen the anime, and what is it going to be to people who haven't? Is it an adaptation, will the stories or characters differ? Is the show going to be required viewing?

The story in the anime is linear, obviously. The difference here is that since you'll be pursuing routes, you'll see different developments and endings, for example, Iwasawa is not a love interest in the anime, but here she'll be one. For people who haven't watched, it's probably going to be another VN, but for those who watched, it'll serve to tell us more about the characters, since 13 episodes was not enough for that. I don't think you HAVE to watch the anime, but if you do so, the novel will surely be way more enjoyable.

One of the criticisms of the anime was that it was too short (being only 13 episodes) so it didn't really get to expand on its characters and whatnot.

The VN version will have the same characters and general story as the anime, with the main difference I suspect being that the characters' backstories will actually be explored this time around via individual routes (the anime only gave glimpses of EDIT: *a few* characters' backgrounds).

The first volume, 1st beat, will supposedly cover episodes 1-10 and have a few character routes available.

Edited by Eclipsed

One of the criticisms of the anime was that it was too short (being only 13 episodes) so it didn't really get to expand on its characters and whatnot.

The VN version will have the same characters and general story as the anime, with the main difference I suspect being that the characters' backstories will actually be explored this time around via individual routes (the anime only gave *glimpses* of each characters' backgrounds).

The first volume, 1st beat, will supposedly cover episodes 1-10 and have a few character routes available.

The sad part is that we actually got glimpses of an incredibly small portion of the characters, proportion-wise. There's a manga called Angel Beats! Heaven's Door, it's an adaptation of the light novel Angel Beats! Track Zero and it expands on the characters pasts. It's a prequel to the anime with Hinata as the main character, showing how him and Yuri created the Shinda Sekai Sensen. I think the VN will get a lot from them, which is really nice.

A question that I have is... how will they work with the common route? All volumes will have it? Or are we going to be able to read starting after it branches? So weird @_@

And I'm pretty sad that the true end won't see the light of the day for a few years :/

A question that I have is... how will they work with the common route? All volumes will have it? Or are we going to be able to read starting after it branches? So weird @_@

And I'm pretty sad that the true end won't see the light of the day for a few years :/

I'm okay with the true end being really delayed, after all, the fanbase already knows about it. On the other hand, lots of us know nothing about many members of the main cast aside from their general details.

I think all volumes will have the common route, but remember how the game system will work:

Game System:

The story progresses day by day, and is split into morning and afternoon sections. Characters locations are displayed on a map, and by choosing who you want to see and deepen your bond with, the story will branch in different directions accordingly.

Considering this, I think even the common route will differ a lot from each gameplay you do, or maybe you get locked into a route pretty early. Either way, I think this style will fit really well.

• 2 months later...