What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

PS: It is possible to ignore some members?! I Haven't found a function for that.

Nope. That kind of function tends to break the formatting of the forum.

As for recommendations, if you liked Love Live you might want to watch Manabi Straight and Tari Tari. Both are slice of life with similarities to what you've watched. No romance, the first one is more comedy-oriented (and has a hilarious political subtext =o).

Also maybe Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, again slice of life, comedy, but there's romance in it too.

So I'm still with Hanasaku Iroha, but there are only a few episodes left. So I'm looking also for a new one. Maybe someone can recommend me something. I watched LL! School Idol Project (loved it), Little Busters (also, but if I hadn't played the vn i would rate it not that good) and now Hanasaku Iroha. Thats also nice and i found Ohana incredible adorable :wub:  (most of all the Anime & Vn characters i know). Maybe a little bit more romance wouldn't be bad.

Greetz

Aria the animation.

It does not have romance but is a really sweet series with one of the best and complete endings there is.

Background and music is fantasic as well.

Only disatvantage is that it is so sweet it is not suitable for maratoning.

It is at its best when you are stressed.

Finished Seto no Hanayome and started GJ-bu on a friend's recommendation for SoL. Probably a result of the former, but I just can't appreciate the comedy of the latter. It has a nice atmosphere though, and the girls are adorable. Not sure if I was just overly attentive this time around, but I don't think I've ever heard any character laugh the way Mao did in episode 2. She was like "huhuhu no hu" and it was pretty moe. :3

Seto no Hanayome is a fantastic comedy. As far as the genre goes, I'd have it as my 3rd favorite (1st being Gintama; 2nd going to Binbougami ga). I was surprised by the quality of the English dub too.

So i just finished Hanasaku Iroha... And now I'm missing Ohana ;) ... It's always sad if a good one ends.

Now I think i will try Yuru Yuri and after that i go on with the recommendations from Down and havoc (THAT are helpful recommendations, thanks for that :) )

Greetz

I'm always thankful for recommendations ... Sorry but it is to much to write at least a little bit about it and why you recommend it?! For sure i can google it (I've done that)... 

Sure however that wasn't a recommendation to you. I only saw that after I posted. If you want recommendations, just post a post stating what you want. It is easier and quicker that posting it here.

Well, now that I'm going back to Canada soon, I suppose my days of not having internet and having to watch anime all day with a friend of mine have come to an end.

He wasn't a fan, but after I suggested we watch Shinsekai Yori on a particularly boring day he was hooked, and since there was nothing to do most of the time, we usually spent 6-9 hours a day watching.

In the end I managed to show him Shinsekai Yori, Monster and Psycho-Pass (both of which I also hadn't seen before), Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, and Attack on Titan, as well as all 4 seasons of Game of Thrones since it turns out he hadn't watched that either. In addition to that, I also watched Welcome to the NHK and finally finished Fate/Kaleid Illya and Mikakunin by myself when he wasn't around.

I've already posted some of my thoughts on NHK in the "what did you think about" thread, nothing much to say about Illya and Mikakunin except 可愛い~, Monster was really interesting but a bit stretched out and had a few annoying plot holes, and Psycho-Pass was good, but it was basically just a simpler and less powerful version of Shinsekai Yori, which is a bit of a shame.

just finished the Sky Crawlers movie, very good movie right up until the final ten minutes where it decides it has to fuck you over....

You didn't like the end? As far as I remember it reveals the whole purpose of the movie, doesn't it?

I need to rewatch that movie while knowing what's actually happening... Could be interesting...

You didn't like the end? As far as I remember it reveals the whole purpose of the movie, doesn't it?

I need to rewatch that movie while knowing what's actually happening... Could be interesting...

well i just finished it,

i i realize it was kind of inevitable the protag had a death flag over him barly halfway trough the movie.

So i was not particulairly shocked.

But i would still have liked a slightly happier ending to it.

As it would have been nice for the female protags kid to get a father.

That and the suggestion that they might be clones is kinda off putting.

Not that it was totally unexpected but still.

Would have liked for the main protag to surive, he did not need to win just survive in a not completely miraculous way.

Altough i will admit it is a good movie and really makes you think to understand what the hell is going on.

The only thing i did not get was the female protagonist idea of wanting to die.

that one could have been explained a bit better.

Heeee, this..... damm how do you say that in english.... oww well lets do it in dutch.

heee Lucht op

Talking about it is a good way to understand it better and get over a ending that is not your thing.

Also really liked the producers other movie patema inverted. (this one did have a happy ending tough, altough it could use a sequel I want to know what happens afterwards.)

Edit: why do i think this song suits the movie so good?

That and the suggestion that they might be clones is kinda off putting.

Not that it was totally unexpected but still.

That's what I was talking about when I said "the purpose of the movie". (I added spoiler tags btw)

In the end, all of this is and endless war between two anonymous countries we don't even know anything about, fueled by and endless stream of clone soldiers who are really the same person fighting over and over.

The whole movie ends up being an introspect in the life of those soldiers, who sometimes have glimpses of the truth but overall ponder about the absurdity of their existence and can't grasp the big picture.

I thought it was really a meaningful, powerful ending. In retrospective it makes the very contemplative, almost depressive tone of the movie all the more significant. That's pretty common with Oshii's works.

Also really liked the producers other movie patema inverted. (this one did have a happy ending tough, altough it could use a sequel I want to know what happens afterwards.)

Not the same guys actually. Patema Inverted was made by Yoshiura Yasuhiko, a newcomer director who previously did Eve no Jikan and Pale Cocoon. I guess Pale Cocoon has a tone close to that of Sky Crawlers, but this aside his sci-fi is less contemplative and more "joyful" than Oshii's, who's a veteran and always had a tendency to do very metaphysical, contemplative and a bit depressive sci-fi when he can do whatever he want.

That's what I was talking about when I said "the purpose of the movie". (I added spoiler tags btw)

In the end, all of this is and endless war between two anonymous countries we don't even know anything about, fueled by and endless stream of clone soldiers who are really the same person fighting over and over.

The whole movie ends up being an introspect in the life of those soldiers, who sometimes have glimpses of the truth but overall ponder about the absurdity of their existence and can't grasp the big picture.

I thought it was really a meaningful, powerful ending. In retrospective it makes the very contemplative, almost depressive tone of the movie all the more significant. That's pretty common with Oshii's works.

Not the same guys actually. Patema Inverted was made by Yoshiura Yasuhiko, a newcomer director who previously did Eve no Jikan and Pale Cocoon. I guess Pale Cocoon has a tone close to that of Sky Crawlers, but this aside his sci-fi is less contemplative and more "joyful" than Oshii's, who's a veteran and always had a tendency to do very metaphysical, contemplative and a bit depressive sci-fi when he can do whatever he want.

Whoops my bad forgetting the spoiler tag, thanks.

Ow and it seems as per usual i am not making myself clear.

the ending defintitly was not bad, certainly was meaningfull.

It was one of the more meaningfull endings out there.

It was just not my taste in endings. I prefer a slight more neutral or happy ending.

But it was definitly a complete ending. So while not my taste it did feel satisfing.

If you want an example of what i think is a bad way to end something, i would say shakugan no shana has one of the worst ends i have ever seen.

But other people think it is a good ending. So mayby my taste is just wierd.

on a slightly unrelated note, Damm it has been a long while since i have seen a nice moderator. (a very nice change, note i am not talking about the moderators on this site)

Been spending to much time roaming on the warthunder forums lately.

Ow and it seems as per usual i am not making myself clear.

the ending defintitly was not bad, certainly was meaningfull.

It was one of the more meaningfull endings out there.

It was just not my taste in endings. I prefer a slight more neutral or happy ending.

But it was definitly a complete ending. So while not my taste it did feel satisfing.

No, you were pretty clear, I did understand that. It's just that I took the opportunity to bounce off your comment and clarify my opinion on the movie and its end. In a sense it IS a "bad ending" and some people don't like that. (It's certainly not that common in japanese fiction)

on a slightly unrelated note, Damm it has been a long while since i have seen a nice moderator. (a very nice change, note i am not talking about the moderators on this site)

Been spending to much time roaming on the warthunder forums lately.

Haha, I don't know what kind of forums you've been browsing but we're all nice people here. And mods act and should be treated as regular members most of the time. If anything, I think the other mods are nicer than me overall :P

No, you were pretty clear, I did understand that. It's just that I took the opportunity to bounce off your comment and clarify my opinion on the movie and its end. In a sense it IS a "bad ending" and some people don't like that. (It's certainly not that common in japanese fiction)

Haha, I don't know what kind of forums you've been browsing but we're all nice people here. And mods act and should be treated as regular members most of the time. If anything, I think the other mods are nicer than me overall :P

Well let's just say the forums have been getting slightly poisenois there  since patch 1.41.

Reason being a complete spam of bombers in every game mode.

It's not fun for people trying to play simulator battle's only to find out the enemy team is full of b-17 wich currently have a brokend damage model (can take way to much punishment)

Not only that they are that only bombers have auto pilot is simulator battle (automatic leveling of plane)(and steering when in bomber view)

And they have laser gunners at the moment.

Long story short bombers play like arcade in simulator mode where as fighter don't play like that, giving bombers a massive advantage.

And even the arcade battle mode sees a spam of bomers. Wich in some game modes is not that big of a problem but in other they can end a game in minutes. So the team with the most bombers usually wins.

And this has been going on for monts now. So every one has been hoping patch 1.43 will fix it. But no one nows when it is coming. (reason i have been scowring the forums there)

And mods there have recently started locking just about every topic regarding this. And even some question topics from new player have been getting locked without explaination.

So yeah the forums there have not been good.

Fuwanovel kind of reminds me of the nexus community before it become absolutly massive with the coming of skyrim. Loved reading commends there because people where nice and constructive.

And to not let the topic derail. :P

I am currently watching time of eve, liking it a lot so far.

just finished time of eve.

A very nice story and quite funny at times as well.

I think it is well rounded.

It really could use a sequel tough.

Edit:

I think Yashuhrio yoshiura said that he might return to time of eve after finishing patema inverted.

I believe i read that some where but i can't seem to fins it back anymore. (that and i have not been able to confirm it)

just finished time of eve.

A very nice story and quite funny at times as well.

I think it is well rounded.

It really could use a sequel tough.

Edit:

I think Yashuhrio yoshiura said that he might return to time of eve after finishing patema inverted.

I believe i read that some where but i can't seem to fins it back anymore. (that and i have not been able to confirm it)

Whoa ... you haven't watched Time of Eve? Hmm I take it you just started watching anime few years ago?

If he does go back to Time of Eve, then I'd like a lot of stuff!

Whoa ... you haven't watched Time of Eve? Hmm I take it you just started watching anime few years ago?

If he does go back to Time of Eve, then I'd like a lot of stuff!

Started quite a while ago, just never got around to it. And last week i decided it was time to catch up with all the movie's i missed so i have been watching nothing but movie's for a week now.

Almost finished.

Hi,

So i started with Yuru Yuri and dropped it after the first episode. It wasn't bad, but i think i'm simply to old for that kind of stuff ;). Now i started Tari Tari and watched a few episodes. I like it so far, the characters are all nice and i also like the relatively slow development.

Greetz

Hi,

So i started with Yuru Yuri and dropped it after the first episode. It wasn't bad, but i think i'm simply to old for that kind of stuff ;). Now i started Tari Tari and watched a few episodes. I like it so far, the characters are all nice and i also like the relatively slow development.

Greetz

Post in again when you started on my recommendation.

I love to hear other people's opinion.

just watched Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade.

good movie. the ending was fitting. And i could not have seen it enidng any other way but still.....

But i am personally not a fan of bad endings.

Edit: I also finished a letter to momo.

Interseting movie. Quite good too.

though i dont know hat to write about it.