What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I finished Gosick today. Oh man, I loved the writing in this anime. Everything in the plot tied together really well and the romance was very satisfying. Ending made me tear up quite a bit. Very emotional and satisfying. <3 Could have made 9 if it were a little more engaging, but it definitely gets a solid 8 for being interesting.

Might finish another anime in 6 months or so. :P

Doo eet! It is really good, if a little bit weird at times.

I just finished From The New World... once I hit episode 8, I couldn't stop watching until the end.  I must say, that was an absolutely amazing anime. Everything just came together very well, with a very deep/complex story if you really reflect on it.

I'm so glad I gave it another try!

My favorite episodes were 8 & 16 

xD just because I loved Saki/Maria pairing.. All the love between Group 1 was very sweet and felt very deep. I kinda wish the whole world was allowed to love freely the way they did without shame. ^^

I really enjoyed seeing the transition from their childhood days to the future older selves.

I just finished From The New World... once I hit episode 8, I couldn't stop watching until the end.  I must say, that was an absolutely amazing anime. Everything just came together very well, with a very deep/complex story if you really reflect on it.

I'm so glad I gave it another try!

My favorite episodes were 8 & 16 

xD just because I loved Saki/Maria pairing.. All the love between Group 1 was very sweet and felt very deep. I kinda wish the whole world was allowed to love freely the way they did without shame. ^^

I really enjoyed seeing the transition from their childhood days to the future older selves.

Hehe, told you. :P If I had to pick one, I'd probably say it's my favourite anime. It's just so well-done, especially how the story comes together. My favourite episode is probably the last one, not only because of the last reveal, but when

Saki tells Squealer to apologize for all the innocent people he killed and he responds by asking her to apologize for all of the queerats they slaughtered first, and when Squealer says that the queerats are human too and everyone just laughs.

You know, my days of watching anime have only but sprung forth again from the depths of yesteryear. And this time it's to appease to the crazy/insane ideals I've built up in my mind. Even though I don't watch much anymore, I'll finally be starting an anime now. So yeah, watching Love Live! at the moment. I'm looking forward to an anime after so long anyways. ^^

You know, my days of watching anime have only but sprung forth again from the depths of yesteryear. And this time it's to appease to the crazy/insane ideals I've built up in my mind. Even though I don't watch much anymore, I'll finally be starting an anime now. So yeah, watching Love Live! at the moment. I'm looking forward to an anime after so long anyways. ^^

You will be addicted, be warned.

I started watching Seto no Hanayome today. Oh god, even the opening episode was too funny. Nagasumi is an unlucky bastard, but it works. :P I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this. Comedic timing in anime is really rare, but it's Kishi directing it, so it's spot on! His video game adaptions suck, but the guy has a knack for comedy.

I started watching Seto no Hanayome today. Oh god, even the opening episode was too funny. Nagasumi is an unlucky bastard, but it works. :P I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this. Comedic timing in anime is really rare, but it's Kishi directing it, so it's spot on! His video game adaptions suck, but the guy has a knack for comedy.

For me it was funny for about 4 episodes and then it slowed down significantly.  Tell me if it picks back up again, I may go back.  

You will be addicted, be warned.

Oh god, I'm scared now. D: Maybe I should watch something else instead? xD Well I think I'll be fine and I feel like I've already settled on this anime. So whatever's in store for me later will just have to come, I'll be ready.

Seto no Hanayome is a god tier romcom in my opinion.

The slapstick humor really hit me, most romcoms tend to lose themselves in the romantic plot and the harem and forget the com in romcom but Seto no Hanayome never lost its way and kept being about crazy characters doing crazy stuff with a romance sub plot thay was also well developed.

I enjoyed it thoroughly and would recommend it anytime.

Of course you have to be prone to slapstick comedy to enjoy it, if this doesn't entertain you in the slightest the show might be a miss.

I for once laughed a lot.

Is it just me, or did episode 7

feel something like a dark hentai plot? Just the way it ended with the evil laugh from Lunar, the boys getting brainwashed, and her plotting against a rival girl. Not to mention the destroyed school and the way the scene was drawn. Yeah. :3

This series does not disappoint. The family is hysterical, and Lunar coming into the scene really stirs things up as well. Very diverse character cast. Oh man, to have this much fun with a rom-com is a blessing.

٩(^ᴗ^)۶

Watching Freezing Vibration, at episode 5, finished the first season yesterday. By suggestion of a friend I heard the second season (Vibration) gets a lot more dramatic, so I guess I'm looking forward to that.

Aside from the unnecessary show of tits constantly (seriously, do they always aim for the tits?) popping up every time something happens, it's a good series so far. I might even read the manga, which is unheard of for me.

Hehe, told you. :P If I had to pick one, I'd probably say it's my favourite anime. It's just so well-done, especially how the story comes together. My favourite episode is probably the last one, not only because of the last reveal, but when

Saki tells Squealer to apologize for all the innocent people he killed and he responds by asking her to apologize for all of the queerats they slaughtered first, and when Squealer says that the queerats are human too and everyone just laughs.

Yes, I liked the last episode too. There were some weird parts and it could get a bit dragged out at times, but when I got through it and judged it as a whole... it's just amazing how it all fits like a puzzle. Such a treat.

My favorite quotes from the last episodes were

When Squera said how his colony/brethren fought for a higher purpose so they did not mind the sacrifices. They were almost able to 'change history'

Which gave me chills, since it was exactly how it was about 500yrs ago when the 'humans' infiltrated the palace and killed the last ruler PKer of The Holy Blossom Cherry Empire despite the sacrifices/their own lives. They did it for the sake to 'change history', and in their case succeeded.

Now if only Squera and his colony had succeeded themselves ;p they certainly would have changed history and created something else entirely.. which I thought the title "From the New World" fit so well as the last episode and the overall anime. The Power users won the war, so they are the ones able to create their New World. Despite the twisted moralities... the things they now do almost seem okay in this new society they created that fits their needs. I think thats why Saki stayed until the very end despite, knowing the 'horrible' secrets of the village.. it's just become their way of life and adaptation. The 'necessary evils' to maintain their type of society of people with Powers.

And 

When watching it, it really reminded me of The Giver (book), The Village (movie), and a bit of Shiki (anime). I love those kinds of dark stories about twisted morality/society xD

Edited by Cyrillej1

Started watching Bakemonogatari. I'm not sure how to describe the art style, but I feel like I'm tripping on LCD or something. It's like, super bright in the foreground color wise, and dark in the background. Almost dull. And the character's postures are... Strange. MC always looks high as hell. LOL. 

I dunno, I feel like I'm getting high just watching it, and I'm only 3 episodes in. I'm like, "Wow, this show is strange as shit."

And then I heard the Dragon Ball Z reference and was like, "K, I'm officially on board with this strange ass show."

^_^

This sounds like an ideal time to ask, in what order should I watch the -gatari series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, etc.)?  Does it matter or are they unrelated?

Watch Bakemonogatari first, this is a no brainer.

Then Nisemonogatari (the sequel to Bakemonogatari)

Then you can watch Nekomonogatari:Kuro (The prequel OVAs about Hanekawa)

And then watch Monogatari Series: Second Season

You can watch Nekomonogatari: Kuro after Bakemonogatari if you really want to, but Bakemonogatari must be the first one.

Also the Kuro arc is summed up in the second season so it's kind of optional wether or not you watch it.

But if you're a completionist you'll watch it, it's pretty cool too although not as cool as the rest of the series.

Watch Bakemonogatari first, this is a no brainer.

Then Nisemonogatari (the sequel to Bakemonogatari)

Then you can watch Nekomonogatari:Kuro (The prequel OVAs about Hanekawa)

And then watch Monogatari Series: Second Season

You can watch Nekomonogatari: Kuro after Bakemonogatari if you really want to, but Bakemonogatari must be the first one.

Also the Kuro arc is summed up in the second season so it's kind of optional wether or not you watch it.

But if you're a completionist you'll watch it, it's pretty cool too although not as cool as the rest of the series.

Ok sounds good.  I started Bakemonogatari last summer but got distracted for some reason and never got past episode 3.  I'll have to go re-watch it now.  Thanks.