What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Based on responses, I think you guys have lewd minds. 

More than you can possibly imagine. Thankfully, I'm pretty reserved. :P

In any case, SAO seems pretty damn lackluster so far. I heard somewhere they were gonna spend the first three episodes on introduction (seriously, wtf?) but I have no idea how many episodes it's going to run. If it's going to run 12-13 episodes, well shit. Hella waste. Three weeks of crap that could've been condensed into one episode. That's not to say I haven't enjoyed it these past three weeks. I have. I was merely hoping for a little more out of it, I guess.

Oh well, I suppose I can always go running back into Akame ga Kill's bosom when I have my needs for action.  ^_^

Have you tried: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Mahouka, FMA: Brotherhood, Strike the Blood, Romeo X Juliet, Blade and Soul, Date A Live, Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, Mahou Sensou, The Sacred Blacksmith, Blood Lad, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Yuushibu, K, Blue Exorcist, Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai

Hah.. 疲れる

Here we go *cracks knuckles*

-Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail: Tried them all, but for some reason I just find them to be too long winded and cliche :unsure: . A lot of my friends enjoy them though, so I guess it's just me.

- FMA: Brotherhood: Watched it, loved it. Forgot to mention it, my bad.

-Strike the Blood:  The tags "Action, Ecchi, Fantasy, School, Shounen, Vampire, Supernatural" scared me off. It'll probably be a show with fanservice, cliche plot and two-dimensional characters slapped together. Well, I will give it a shot in case I'm wrong, but I don't have high hopes.

-Romeo X Juliet: Looks promising, definitely checking that out  :D !

-Date A Live: Watched it buut yeah, not my thing.

-Blade and Soul: Asked my friends about this and they all gave me the same answer. 'Boring. Stay away from it.'  Well, I'll probably watch an episode or two to see what they're talking about.

-Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii: This looks kinda good too, will give it a go!

-Mahou Sensou: With mostly ratings of 2 and 3 out of 10, I think I will stay away from this one  :P 

-The Sacred Blacksmith: 'It's medieval Lucky Star with erotic jokes and bloodshed.'  Nope, not for me.

-Blood Lad: Looks like it'll be suitable for a good laugh if nothing else. Guess I'll check it out. 

-Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: Watched it, didn't like it.

-Yuushibu: Interesting premise, but I'm not a fan of ecchi shows sadly.

-K: Sort of reminds me of DRRR!, so I'll give it a go.

-Blue Exorcist: Has been sitting in my backlog for ages, totally forgot about this one.

-Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai: Looks interesting, may watch a few episodes to see what it's about. Hope the ecchi isn't overbearing. 

Just finished Kotoura-san, and I love the show! Episode 1 caught me off guard as I came in expecting it to be a rom-com. The rest of the show reverted back to the usual rom-com style, but Kotoura is just sooo cute >.< ! Definitely one my my favorite characters to date  :D ! It ended off nicely, it was a really enjoyable series! 

I've decided to give Mekakucity Actors a shot. From what I understand, it seems like the manga has chapters that take place before and after the anime. So if I were to follow it chronologically, what chapters would I need to read?

I wouldn't advice you to use the manga as reference material because it's completely different from the anime. 

The anime has an original storyline, it's based off the manga but that's about it, the events happening in both are different in many stances.

Think of it this way, the anime is one thing, the manga is another thing, you should watch/read both with that kind of mindset.

I see what you mean. Alright, that clears things up for me a little. I read a few misleading comments a little while ago, so I wasn't sure what to expect. So I guess I'll just finish up on what's scanlated in the manga and pick up the anime afterwards. The manga's been pretty fun so far!

Let me try to give  a concrete example.

Both the anime and the manga start off with the exact same events, so far everything's pretty similar.

Then as soon as the 2nd arc is up, some of the events are already different than what happened in the anime.

Then the 4th arc is completely different from the anime as well with events that were never shown.

More ahead there's another play of events that never occured in the anime as well that change the storyline entirely.

Now you could say that the events in the manga happen in the anime due to how the universe in kagerou days works (I don't want to spoil this to you). But still reading the manga to help understand the anime is pointless for most part.

You're better off using the original material for that purpose.

The manga and anime both have the same basic premises, but the way the events are laid out are different.

Mekaku city actors was a good experience for me but...i was just like "WAT" because i litterally didn't understand anything, and best of all, why Mayuri...Marry, who basically had like 4 or 5 sentences in the whole show had such important purpose?

Watched Sekirei last night, about to start the second season right about now. Kind of reminds me of Date A Live, just not as good. It seems weirdly similar. "Alien" girls with superhuman powers, weak MC that happens to be fairly intelligent and ends up owning a harem of super-womens.

Maybe I'm making more connections than I should be here. >_>

Finished Noragami.

It was very fun to watch although the story itself was more episodical than anything else.

But the characters and the overall atmosphere never let me get bored, it never really got too dark even  at the end and made for a fun ride. Wish it'd get a second season.

Now onto Zvezda. I except many things.

Started watching Welcome to the NHK, pretty interesting so far, although a bit cringeworthy at times.

NHK is the most wonderful depiction of the otaku life. I really enjoyed the manga, and if I recall correctly the anime is about the same with a few divergences later in the show.

I recently began Great Teacher Onizuka. So far, it's great all-around; funny, good story, and even didacticism. I'm usually biased toward older shows, so I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it.

NHK is the most wonderful depiction of the otaku life. I really enjoyed the manga, and if I recall correctly the anime is about the same with a few divergences later in the show.

I recently began Great Teacher Onizuka. So far, it's great all-around; funny, good story, and even didacticism. I'm usually biased toward older shows, so I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it.

NHK is the best thing ever made. And I'm not exaggerating. :P (I've watched it 3 times)

I dropped OniAi first episode didn't make me interested.

Oh yeah, NHK was a fantastic series. It put the otaku neet lifestyle into a good perspective and offered great character development. Also, Misaki is one of the most wonderful female characters I've seen in anime and I honestly wish I could meet a girl like her IRL. She's a great support for the MC and very heartwarming. <3 Satou's a pretty crazy guy too. I've also cringed a few times at some of the dumb stuff he does, lol. Especially that one time he

got into a suicide cult.

Just finished Gokukoku no Brynhildr. Remind me to stay away from half-season adaptations of manga from now on.

It ends way too early. Nothing's revealed about Kuroha's backstory, and not much about the others either. Is this what they call promotional anime for the manga?

Read the manga, they mostly cut half of the story n the anime.