What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Hunter X Hunter:  Phantom Rouge

I started Hunter very late (like when episode 89 came out?) and was enjoying it thoroughly, now I'm going to watch the movie.

We must have started watching around the same time. I think I started around the time episode 90 came out. I'm on episode 76 now, and I still need to watch the movie, but I have it downloaded

We must have started watching around the same time. I think I started around the time episode 90 came out. I'm on episode 76 now, and I still need to watch the movie, but I have it downloaded

I enjoyed the movie pretty well, if you liked Hunter up to 76 you should like the movie also.

Now I'm going to rewatch Naoki Urasawa's Monster for the second time, I haven't seen it in ages and I really want to.

Kill la Kill is living up to expectations. I shouldn't doubt this team at Trigger since they were mainly behind Gurren Lagann and PSG (I think?). I also got back into Hanasaku Iroha, and I'm enjoying it still. PA Works shows are prettier than KyoAni I think. Less reliance on the moe-blob goes a long way. 

Finished The Sunday Without God and I'm just as conflicted as I was in my last post. Again, questions raised in the arcs are great, but the show as a whole feels like its made up of 4 separate stories.

I think I'm going to start Love Lab next. A good ol' comedy will do me some good after watching The Sunday Without God.

Also, I'm looking forward to this weeks Monogatari S2 episode so freaking much...

personally i disliked SAO. 

but log horizon seems pretty okey so far ^^ 

----

hmm.. i watch pretty much every currently airing anime except for the sport ones... 

I forbid myself from disliking SAO as it was my first anime I had ever watched.

Outbreak Company - Episode 2: Interesting to see that it has taken a serious turn so quickly, I thought such things would be covered later, while remaining a comedy for the first couple of episodes.  Hopefully this doesn't make the rest of the anime completely dry of material or comedy.

I'm being told to watch K-ON! but I've never been one to like music-oriented anime, or particular loud female characters (pretty much never watching things like IDOLM@STER).  Would you say it's particularly good?

K-on for me was the best slice of life anime i have ever seen.

Don't worry it's not that music oriented, it's about 4 girls (5 later on in second season) in the music club but all they do is pretty unrelated to it, sure there's one or two concerts per season but that's as far as it goes for music and it's not pop music like idolm@ster, K-on!'s OST is amazing, i have all the albums from it. True sometimes they have club activities to somehow develop their music skills but it always ends up being some comedy setting.

You'll watch an anime about the quarrels of these adorable girls, it's a slice of life packed with moe, comedy and heart warming moments. It's one of the most relaxing shows, though i have to say don't give up on it because the second season is far better than the first one.

Hell the last episode of all made me shed a tear and K-on the movie was just.. EPIC.

If you like slice of life and comedy, K-on is a must see.

And i've watched both K-on and Idolm@ster so i understand what your doubts are and i'm telling you they're nothing like each other.

K-on for me was the best slice of life anime i have ever seen.

Don't worry it's not that music oriented, it's about 4 girls (5 later on in second season) in the music club but all they do is pretty unrelated to it, sure there's one or two concerts per season but that's as far as it goes for music and it's not pop music like idolm@ster, K-on!'s OST is amazing, i have all the albums from it. True sometimes they have club activities to somehow develop their music skills but it always ends up being some comedy setting.

You'll watch an anime about the quarrels of these adorable girls, it's a slice of life packed with moe, comedy and heart warming moments. It's one of the most relaxing shows, though i have to say don't give up on it because the second season is far better than the first one.

Hell the last episode of all made me shed a tear and K-on the movie was just.. EPIC.

If you like slice of life and comedy, K-on is a must see.

I like slice of life occasionally, so I guess it's definitely worth a shot.

I like slice of life occasionally, so I guess it's definitely worth a shot.

If you've never watched many slice of life, i'm sure K-on will get you into it, that's how it was for me. Most slice of life tend to be very slow paced but K-on just had a different feel to it (as expected from Kyoto Animation) and it completely got me into the genre.

Watching Little Busters!: Refrain. Well I guess people that follow me on Twitter know that. XD

Same here, just wondering here but are they really going to adapt Kurugaya's route and then somehow twist it around? I thought they were just going to jump straight into the Refrain chapter.

It feels like they're planning on something like an endless eight again, don't you dare do this JC Staff!

I'm being told to watch K-ON! but I've never been one to like music-oriented anime, or particular loud female characters (pretty much never watching things like IDOLM@STER).  Would you say it's particularly good?

I would even argue that IDOLM@STER isn't as music oriented as people seem to think it is. The music was great and I enjoyed that aspect but honestly, IDOLM@STER is a character driven show. You're shown these girls and you're shown how they develop.

Just so we're all clear, I'm talking about this one http://myanimelist.net/anime/10278/The_iDOLM@STER

and not the alternative setting / version of IDOLM@STER.

Oh and as people have already stated, K-ON! is a great slice of life comedy that barely has any musical elements in it. Cute girls doing cute things is what its all about.

I would even argue that IDOLM@STER isn't as music oriented as people seem to think it is. The music was great and I enjoyed that aspect but honestly, IDOLM@STER is a character driven show. You're shown these girls and you're shown how they develop.

Just so we're all clear, I'm talking about this one http://myanimelist.net/anime/10278/The_iDOLM@STER

and not the alternative setting / version of IDOLM@STER.

Oh and as people have already stated, K-ON! is a great slice of life comedy that barely has any musical elements in it. Cute girls doing cute things is what its all about.

I'll change what I said then:  I don't like idols.  There is only one exception, and that was Kanon from The World God Only Knows.  If K-ON shows a real plot I'll probably get into it, but if there's just cute things and comedy I will probably end up dropping it a third of the way through.