What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Recently finished Non Non Biyori Repeat and Trinity Seven and finished rewatching Mahjong Ball Z (Saki and Saki Achiga-Hen). As expected, Mahjong Ball Z still got me as hype as it did the first time I watched it. Going to be finishing up Working!!!,  Fate/ Kaleid 2wei Herz and Charlotte soon.

NNBR was amazing. Trinity Seven was meh.

I'll likely rewatch Saki Zengoku-Hen soon, and marathon through the rest of Ore Monogatari, marathon Gakkou Gurashi, and marathon Durararax2!! Ten. In no particular order. I have a bunch of shows I plan on catching up on almost from a year ago... my On Hold list on MAL is ever growing. And maybe just maybe, I'll actually finish rewatching the shows I have on my currently watching list...

Finished Mikakunin de Shinkoukei, it was a pretty slow paced rom com that was quite enjoyable, not much to say about it besides the fact that it was a rom-com and it was funny and relaxing to watch. I'm gonna start my marathon of Psycho-Pass, I have a feeling that this is gonna be some good stuff, the description looks really awesome, I wonder if its something like ghost in the shell or similar. 

Finished Charlotte.

Had some interesting ideas, and was mostly enjoyable to watch. But in the end it was underwhelming.

Making him remember something from a different timeline was a pretty forced way to get the ball rolling for the last half, and you can tell the show suffered for it. Though, I am glad they killed off his ability to travel back in time when they did, that shit gets old, ya know? And it's a cop-out that's been used too often in other series by Key.

Not sure if the story should have been told over 24 episodes instead of 13 - or if the flaw lies in the writing itself, but something was definitely holding the show back from being something amazing.

Would gladly read it if they turned it into a proper VN though~ :sachi:

guess I'll give it a 7/10?

Finished Charlotte.

Had some interesting ideas, and was mostly enjoyable to watch. But in the end it was underwhelming.

Making him remember something from a different timeline was a pretty forced way to get the ball rolling for the last half, and you can tell the show suffered for it. Though, I am glad they killed off his ability to travel back in time when they did, that shit gets old, ya know? And it's a cop-out that's been used too often in other series by Key.

Not sure if the story should have been told over 24 episodes instead of 13 - or if the flaw lies in the writing itself, but something was definitely holding the show back from being something amazing.

Would gladly read it if they turned it into a proper VN though~ :sachi:

guess I'll give it a 7/10?

Nao favorite girl, I'm not sure what I'd call her personality, but I liked its blend.

Re:Charlotte

I've read somewhere that Jun's script was incredibly long given the timeslot that Charlotte recieved, leading to a lot of cut material to make things fit. Still doesn't excuse the mess that Charlotte was. Sure, given 24 episodes, he'll probably derp around for 12 of them. But in previous works, I actually became attached to those characters during those episodes. I didn't feel the same way at all in Charlotte, especially with the bad guy of the week format.

I had to tolerate Yuu's whiny attitude because straight from the beginning of the series, the show gave me no reason to like him. Literally in the first episode, he does something so incredibly stupid and life threatening for his own personal gain. His only saving grace was his love for his sister and even that wasn't done well enough for me to care about him. Nao also wasn't very likable either, as she just came off as a bitch the entire time.

When episode 6 happened, I was like "alright we finally got to the good stuff"... only to have Yuu recover from the emotional trauma within one episode. Seriously? Your ENTIRE saving grace was that despite the fact you were a selfish bastard, you were able to be selfless when it came to your sister. Life takes your only good trait away from you and you recover due to some mini speech by Nao? And later on, after you get your resolve back, you return to your whiny bitchy self when it came time to save Kumagami? Even after being told how fucking ridiculously over powered you are? For shame Yuu, for fucking shame.

Re:Charlotte

I've read somewhere that Jun's script was incredibly long given the timeslot that Charlotte recieved, leading to a lot of cut material to make things fit. Still doesn't excuse the mess that Charlotte was. Sure, given 24 episodes, he'll probably derp around for 12 of them. But in previous works, I actually became attached to those characters during those episodes. I didn't feel the same way at all in Charlotte, especially with the bad guy of the week format.

Started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, then I discovered that Fate/Zero was a thing and immediately put JoJo it on hold to indulge myself.  Thanks Kaguya, Flutterz and fun2novel for encouraging me to correct my mistake of being ignorant of Fate/Zero.

I love it so far, it's awesome.  Animation is great, there are several voice actors from the original VN, and it has the same feel as Fate/stay night had.  Probably gonna binge watch this over the next week or two.

Started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, then I discovered that Fate/Zero was a thing and immediately put JoJo it on hold to indulge myself.  Thanks Kaguya, Flutterz and fun2novel for encouraging me to correct my mistake of being ignorant of Fate/Zero.

I love it so far, it's awesome.  Animation is great, there are several voice actors from the original VN, and it has the same feel as Fate/stay night had.  Probably gonna binge watch this over the next week or two.

Fate/Zero is one of my top anime. It's really good. I actually rate it higher than the F/SN anime.

Plus it actual strategy unlike the 4th grade tactics used by Rin.

Been watching season 2 of Baby Steps the past couple of days.

It's probably the most "sports" anime I've ever seen. Continues to be my favorite too, even more so than Chihayafuru.

I still need to get around to watching S2 of Baby Steps. Is S2 just as good as S1? Or could it possibly be better? I'm no sports fan, nor a fan of sports anime either, but I loved Baby Steps, even though I barely know anything about tennis in the first place.

Finished up Working!!!, Fate/ Kaleid 2wei Herz, and I forgot to mention it last time but I've been watching To Love Ru Darkness 2nd and just finished that up. Still waiting on the last two episodes of To Love Ru but in other news, I'm 6 episodes deep into Himouto Umaru-chan. Been fun so far and I love all the girls except Sylphynford. I just can't appreciate her character for some reason.

Can't wait for Fate/ Kaleid 3rei to come out. Gotta wait for Yuru Yuri S3 and Gochumon S2 to finish before I binge watch the cuteness.

I still need to get around to watching S2 of Baby Steps. Is S2 just as good as S1? Or could it possibly be better? I'm no sports fan, nor a fan of sports anime either, but I loved Baby Steps, even though I barely know anything about tennis in the first place.

I'm only about half way through myself, but I'd say it at least holds up.  Pacing is still phenomenal, the story still pays plenty of attention to sports physiology/psychology, and the character development is still above any other sports anime I've seen bar none. S2 seems to have a greater emphasis on the romantic relationship between  Eiichiru and Natsu too, so you might end up liking it better if that's your sort of thing.

Watched the entire Holmes' Revelation arc for Detective Conan and that was enjoyable arc; really need to focus on getting caught up some more with the series. The most surprising thing for me though was the studio somehow managed to find a couple VAs who could speak passable English :michiru: Sure the old lady's VA sounds like she's reading from a script (hence the occasional odd use of words) and the killer's VA sounds Australian when he was probably going for a cockney accent, but still...

I haven't posted in the thread for a while, so here's a quick rundown:

- I rewatched all of MariMite, over about two weeks. I think this makes the third time I've watched the whole series. There's something very cathartic about this show. I think the two main factors are the near-total lack of any simple villain characters, and also the complete lack of any sort of physical conflict. It's definitely not a slice-of-life, though; it's pure drama. But the characters are all just ordinary people, and while the tone is unapologetically dramatic, I don't think you can ever call it melodramatic because both the people and the situations are so normal. It remains, even after three times watching it, one of about a dozen "top shelf" shows for me.

- Recently finished Date A Live (just season 1). The only excuse I can offer is that I needed something dubbed to watch (it's not usually easy to read subtitles while cooking), and I'm starting to run out of good options on Funimation's streaming service. The last arc of the season, featuring the little sister, was not terrible, but the rest of it was pretty much straight-up terrible.

- Just finished Ben-To. I really enjoyed it for the first couple episodes, maybe even through the whole first arc, but it got old fast. It's also way too heavy on the fanservice for my taste. I didn't do enough research before watching to realize what I was signing up for. Still a fun, mindless show, though, and at least it was short.

- Started watching Love Hina. I'm about 4 episodes in, now, and things are already super predictable, so I'm worried it's going to drag as episodes go by, but I guess time will tell.

I forgot an important one! I also just started watching Chihayafuru, mostly because of Nosebleed speaking so highly of it a couple months ago. It totally grabbed me with the first episode; I'm seriously loving every minute of it. It's got a great mix of character development and gradually rising romantic tension, with a unique background motivation for everything (I think I'd only ever heard of the idea of karuta previously when it made a brief appearance in a MariMite episode).