What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Finished Kill la Kill and the episode 25 OVA.  Thought the ending was a little lackluster (kinda expected something like Gurren Lagann's kick in the emotional crotch), but overall it was a really solid anime, even if the premise and just about every second of it was absolutely ridiculous.  Wild thrill ride of silliness.  I expected nothing less from former Gainax employees.

Started watching The End of Evangelion.  Pretty much the first half in a nutshell (spoilers).

Finished The End of Evangelion earlier today.  Not gonna lie, I understood probably about 1/4 of what happened before I looked up a synopsis afterwards, and I'm still pretty confused.  Probably gonna have to watch the whole series over again sometime to fully understand everything.  Oh well, I did that for The Dark Knight, I can do it for anime.

I finished my rewatch of Railgun S1 and S2. It is still gold. I mixed a lot of Index stuff into Railgun because

I was so sure Misaka's mom and Last Order was part of Railgun. But apparently it was Index.

Watching the 1.5 hour long episode of Sabo now. Feelings!

Going to complete my ongoing series Evangelion and Steins:Gate next.

Watched 16 episodes of Pri Para.

I have to say, I am quite pleased with how this anime turned out to be.

The structure of the show makes it feel rather refreshing compared to other idol shows since the girls have a real life alongside their idol work so we get to see two sides of them.

It's really colorful, and I mean rainbow puke inducing colorful, and I love it for that.

Lala is a really fun protagonist, kind of a klutz but really cheerful in everything she does, I find it hard to dislike her (purple hair bias is a factor in this decision), Mireille's idol persona is so-so but I really like her real life self a lot, and Sophie is just cute being a slob.

What I most like about Pri Para is the plotline, the girls actually have something to strive for, which is going up in the rankings all the way to god idol level.

It gives the show a sense of direction, and despite a lot of the episodes being very, well, episodic in terms of story, you can still get a decent sense of progression as you see the idols developing themselves.

While the show doesn't have a huge focus on real idol business, it does have a lot of friendship to keep itself afloat and a lot of the episodes are really centered around building the character's relationships and personalities rather than stric idol work, although of course there's always some idol work in each episode.

The music is so-so, I still don't have any super favorite tunes which is a bit disappointing, but I don't dislike it either, it just didn't hit any high end.

Overall, after Aikatsu, this is a refreshing change. If I had to compare it with another show, I would say Pri Para comes close to being like Show by Rock in terms of how everything plays out, except it doesn't have any deep dark subplot behind it and instead just lets the viewer enjoy all the happy fun times (although there's some tough times too once in a while).

Watched Ping Pong the Animation and loved it.

The unusual, but cool animation style, interesting characters and subtly presentation are what made the show for me. The table tennis matches were exiting as well, but I was mostly interested in the characters. And Ping Pong did a really good job with the character development. It was really heartwarming to see the characters getting lost in life, searching and sometimes finding their way forward. 

The subtle presentation helped a lot, it was nice too see change through actions rather than pointing it out in dialogue. 

My favorite part of the show was definitely the Christmas eve. Wenge's karaoke performance created a amazing stage to highlight the current state and struggles of the characters without explicitly saying anything. That was some beautiful directing.

Strike the Blood is so good. 

This pain... I have to laugh at how stupid the writers are.  I was probably never going to watch the show anyway, but that has changed to a definitely never.  It's this kind of shit that ruined Code:Breaker.

Naggy characters who attempt to change the dramatic focus of the battle from "I'm pissed, it's wrecking time" to "Yay, friendship!" ruin fight scenes.  The only time you are allowed to interrupt a dramatic fight scene like that and get away with it is by breaking the tension with a gag character, or arriving with a huge ass overwhelming army in tow.  Even then, doing it more than once in a long while will ruin everything.  Doing it literally defeats the entire purpose of the buildup writing, so the only time you can interrupt it is if you use it as a platform for even greater buildup. 

It's only ice cream  ̄ー ̄

Who cares Monmusu's ridiculously silly. It's entertaining as hell.

Papi is all I need.

Monmusu is up there with Sora no Otoshimono in terms of how stupid something can be and still entertain the hell out of me. I can't tell whether that makes it great, or makes me an idiot. But I'm still watching...

Monmusu is up there with Sora no Otoshimono in terms of how stupid something can be and still entertain the hell out of me. I can't tell whether that makes it great, or makes me an idiot. But I'm still watching...

What's great about it are the girls.

10/10 monster girls would watch again.

Currently on episode 6 of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. It feels like it will be a mixture of Aldoah.Zero and Guilty Crown. Of coarse this came before either of those, but I watched them first. 

Have a friend who is in love with Code Gaess so I do have high hopes for this series. All of the characters, openings, action scenes, potential romance partners, and art style are lit. Not to mention it has a good amount of comedy in it so far too.