What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

It was about a month ago that I started watching Aikatsu, and finally, 141 episodes later, I am all up to date.

After episode 100 and the cast changed, I definitely felt a decrease in enjoyment and appreciation for the show, but it took me a while to pinpoint the exact problems.

The major issue I see with the 3rd season is, as a whole, how the show went from being huge to being small once more, that change of pace is definitely hard to take in.

One striking change was DreAca's complete disappearance, I don't know why but Starlight stopped doing events together with Dream Academy, I think this was a really poor move. In exchange though, they introduced students from different prefectures, which was a nice concept but doesn't provide the same feel that two schools fighting each other did.

But that's only the bigger picture, Akari as a protagonist was definitely a not-so-great move, she's not very unique and definitely is overshadowed by the genki Ichigo.

Not only that but the feelings of friendship are much less present in comparison to the first 2 seasons. Aoi and Ichigo had this deep friendship vibe, but Akari and Sumire don't really talk much and are barely together.

Another major difference from the first 2 seasons is the lack of an end goal, or in the case of Aikatsu, an inspiration. In season 1 and 2, Ichigo aimed to be like Mizuki, but in season 3, Akari doesn't really have that sense of competition going for her, and while she does try hard to become a better idol, the show doesn't really make the viewer care for her journey as much. I feel as though if the anime had kept the "Die hard Ichigo fan" image for Akari's character, it would have worked out so much better, but I know what the franchise is trying to do, they want to get rid of Ichigo and the gang slowly so they can eventually completely replace them, and in these later episodes the old girls never appear.

And last but not least, the crazy Aikatsu kinda disappeared, there's no weird training methods, no rock climbing or marathon running, that's kind of a let down.

But the biggest offense I can point out was the big roller disappearing, that was literally the staple idol activity, yet they no longer use it (maybe some kids in Japan IRL were running themselves over with a big roller after watching the show :Kappa:)

But at the end of the day, it's not all negatives, while the show abruptly changes when entering its 3rd season, in the later 3rd season episodes it starts picking up some steam when they enter the 2nd year. The units in particular are pretty fun and bring that friendship vibe back a bit more.

Madoka in particular I think was a really fun addition to the cast.

While the show still kinda lacks an overall goal, it's clear in these later episodes that they're going for the unit thing once more, which I'm fine with, as long as the whole thing still feels like "friendship yay".

It was a big one month journey, and of course it's still on-going, but I don't regret it one bit, Aikatsu is without a doubt the superior idol show. Teeku

Your post gave me the strengh to try it out.

Idol anime has always been my guilty pleasure, but with Aikatsu I don't think I'll get embarrassed of stating how much enjoyment I'm getting out of it.

I still have a long way to go, but I'm currently 50 episodes into the series.

Finished watching the last Naruto movie.

What can say, no matter how poorly the main TV series is doing, one thing that's always hit the spot for me are the Naruto movies, especially the later ones.

This last movie though, god damn, it's every fan's dream come true.

I had already read the manga so i knew how things ended, but the movie takes place before the last manga chapter and after the great war, it fills in the gap of how Naruto and Hinata actually got together. I will admit the romance wasn't anything brilliant, the entire movie kinda pulls a damsel in distress ending too which is a shame because Hinata can definitely kick ass and could have been used more, BUT, all things considered, it was still a pretty damn feely movie (not as feely as Road to Ninja though, that one's the real tearjerker). The last shot before the credits, that scene alone made the entire Naruto journey worth it.

I still think the Naruto series is good if it weren't for the filler, and reading the manga and watching the movies definitely works out for me.

If you want a nice closing chapter to the Naruto series, this movie should mostly do the trick.

Just finished watching Nisekoi.  Man, what a difference between this an Ore Monogatari...  I don't know what Nisekoi actually means, but I strongly suspect that it's something along the lines of "Misunderstandings and Missed Opportunities:  The Animation."  

Watching Haibane Renmei.

I am very intrigued to say the least. First episode had a nice fantasy vibe, i wonder what lies ahead, from the synopsis it looks like there'll be some mystery so can't wait to see that.

<3 Haibane Renmei. I find it to be a very well-told story. Enjoy!

I finally got back to watching Shin Sekai Yori, but I'm still about 4 episodes in. I don't know why, but I find the show very hard to watch. I very much enjoy each episode, but I can only handle watching one episode at a time, whereas normally I can watch 2 or 3 episodes in a row easily. So, it looks like it's going to be a slow process...

Still watching Nyaruko.

Nothing to say now, really.

Nyaruko and Kuuko are cuties though.

Started watching I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying!

Well, this is quite fast paced. It feels like you're chasing the show.

Nonetheless, it's enjoyable. Plastic Nee-san was better though.

Also started watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

I expect great things from Chiyo.

Finally finished the first 3 Gintama seasons and can now start watching the current one.

I also watched the movie Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare.

F*ck.

Best anime movie I´ve ever seen. Even the K-on! movie couldn´t keep up with it. It did perfectly what Gintama is known for. Great comedy, awesome characters, many feels and lots of dirty jokes.

My favourite moment:

t6U5hvD.jpg

THIS. EXPLAINS. EVERYTHING.  :blink:

I'm watching a couple of the anime from the 2015 Summer lineup! Chaos Dragon, Gate, Rokka no Yuusha, Overlord, and Charlotte. They're all pretty great so far, but Overlord is the best one in my opinion. I absolutely love it and I wish the episodes came out quicker, lol. Possibly the best anime of this season, imo.

I'm also finishing up watching Shiki in between releases of episodes in those anime. :)

Finished Haibane Renmei....

My heart is a complete void right now.

This show was as uplifting as it was depressing, a true embodiment of bittersweet.

Such a simple setting, barely any questions were answered about the world, yet by the end the emotional connection really made itself feel.

Also I do feel like there's some deeper metaphorical meaning to the whole story, but at the moment I'm too busy with dealing with all these feels.

Truly a great anime, this is the kind of stuff that gives anime artistic merit.

So today I thought, let's go back to the basics, back when I was an anime noob and would watch anything and everything and think it was the best thing ever.

And so I decided to watch one of the dozens of supernatural action ecchi harems!

Thus I started watching Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

This was a recommendation made a long time ago and I finally decided to give it a go.

Well, what can I say, it's mediocre for sure, but at least there's boobs.

This gives me a sense of nostalgia in a way.

I don't feel like thinking too hard so a show like this is perfect right now.

So today I thought, let's go back to the basics, back when I was an anime noob and would watch anything and everything and think it was the best thing ever.

And so I decided to watch one of the dozens of supernatural action ecchi harems!

Thus I started watching Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

This was a recommendation made a long time ago and I finally decided to give it a go.

Well, what can I say, it's mediocre for sure, but at least there's boobs.

This gives me a sense of nostalgia in a way.

I don't feel like thinking too hard so a show like this is perfect right now.

That show is wonderful. Turning your brain off and laughing at it is probably one of the more enjoyable experiences in anime I've had. Not questioning the bullshit that happens. The only disappointing thing about it is that they cut it right when it seemed to be getting even better.

Finished Haibane Renmei....

My heart is a complete void right now.

This show was as uplifting as it was depressing, a true embodiment of bittersweet.

Such a simple setting, barely any questions were answered about the world, yet by the end the emotional connection really made itself feel.

Also I do feel like there's some deeper metaphorical meaning to the whole story, but at the moment I'm too busy with dealing with all these feels.

Truly a great anime, this is the kind of stuff that gives anime artistic merit.

Finished Hagure Yuusha no Estetica.

Man it's been a while since I've marathoned a whole anime in a single night.

Given its genre, this show is actually on the decent side of the spectrum. The absurdity of the plot and how the protag breathed testosterone into every single word really elevated the experience.

This is the dictionary definition of popcorn flick, it's so easy to watch I'm surprised.

Sadly it ended where it did, I actually wanted to see where it went. I don't regret watching it at all though. Despite being just another random ecchi romance action show, the way it exposed the themes was honestly hilarious to watch and by the time it was over I actually wanted more.

This was a good night.

Watching Aishiteruze Baby.

A good change of pace to something more serious. In terms of quality, the voice acting is kinda cringey (and it being made in 2004 doesn't excuse it), but the overall atmosphere of the show is pretty pleasant and since I haven't seen many anime with this type of relationship dynamics, I'm very curious to see where the show goes and hwo the characters develop and bond (although I can kinda predict everything already).

First five episodes left a pretty positive impression at least.

Watching (well, not often, once in 2 weeks 1-2 episode) http://myanimelist.net/anime/23273/Shigatsu_wa_Kimi_no_Uso

The score on mal is too big for this one. I enjoyed only performance moments so far. Relationships are dumb (well, chars have 14 year old, so it is understandable), episodes are repetitive and boring, from the middle started lot of fillers... I am not sure if I will watch it till the end. And too much tears. Almost everyone cry for at least 2-3 minutes in each episode. Disgusting.

I've been sorta crawling with the completed shows in my hard drive.

Only thing new I watched was Guilty Crown, I guess.

It's that time when you don't spam anime everyday.

Probably because of college.

So yeah. I started Guilty Crown again, just to finish what I stalled three years ago. This better be good.

Also, last two episodes in Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. It feels like a waste to just finish it like that.