What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Just finished Carnival Phantasm. I wanted to see it since it aired, and I thought now was a good time, after finishing playing FSN. Now I have less things to read/watch from TYPEMOON. I just want to play Tsukihime and read Kara no Kyoukai's light novels and I think I'll be pretty much done with TYPEMOON (at least with the English-translated things from TYPEMOON)

Do iiiiiiiiit. Tsukihime is so awesome. And the sequel/fandisk (Kagetsu Tohya) is quite amazing too.

The KnK novels are below the movies imo, but the sixth is worth reading because Ufotable somehow managed to do their only screw up on this one. They're not very long either, so you might as well read them all.

Just finished Carnival Phantasm. I wanted to see it since it aired, and I thought now was a good time, after finishing playing FSN. Now I have less things to read/watch from TYPEMOON. I just want to play Tsukihime and read Kara no Kyoukai's light novels and I think I'll be pretty much done with TYPEMOON (at least with the English-translated things from TYPEMOON)

Don't forget Fate/Extra :rolleyes:/>

Don't forget Fate/Extra :rolleyes:/>/>

Already finished, I enjoyed every second of it. Played with the three servants, and I have to say, Saber is the best with difference.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but well, I could beat Shiki without problems

The ones I'm really into are the first few(so ones I am always trying to watch) then the ones I start and stop on are near the bottom

Is this a zombie?(kore wa zombie desu Ka)

Steins gate

Ef: a tale of memories

Kotoura-San

Haganai next( boku wa tomodachi ga sukuna NEXT)

The pet girl of sakurasou (sakurasou no pet an kanojo)

Spice and wolf(season 2)

----------- (off and on)

Amagami SS+

Shiki

Baka + test (season 2)

AIR TV

Hey guys so i havent really been watching anime cause im been super addicted to fire emblem awakening i have 70 hrs now hehehe but i recently finished code geass and im currently watching mondaiji-tachi and oreimo i suggest oreimo to everyone out there its a great anime :D

Hey guys so i havent really been watching anime cause im been super addicted to fire emblem awakening i have 70 hrs now hehehe but i recently finished code geass and im currently watching mondaiji-tachi and oreimo i suggest oreimo to everyone out there its a great anime :D/>

For me it was World Of Warcraft. That game was VERY addicting. Can definetely understand.

Also, Oreimo is a great anime, cant wait till Season 2 in april.

speaking of world of warcraft... people there say the darndest things.

msdg82.png

also, stop it. you're like an older me and it's kinda freaking me out a little.

actually wouldn't it be your a younger version of me?? Since Im older lol.

So you stop it lol

Finished PaniPoni Dash! and picked up "My Sister Can't be This Cute". Kotomi's blurb on Mouretsu Pirates (somewhere on this forum) has me planning on that as soon as Robotics;Notes finally wraps up (so much disappointment the last episode).

Mouretsu Pirates starts off kinda slow, but it was well worth the watch. Kotomi and I really enjoyed it alot. Nice epic space adventure.

PaniPoni Dash! was cute, I really likes My Sister Can't be This Cute. Season 2 starts in april so get to that asap.

Just watched Millennium Actress with my dad and his girlfriend. After this and Paprika (which we plan on watching tomorrow) I cannot wait to start Paranoia Agent down the road.

Great choices Batman, Paprika is one of my favorite Anime movies. Truely different from anything you'll see.

Millennuim Actress is a classic as well. If you want soomething newer, From Up on Poppy Hill is great as well.

I continued watching a bit more of Zetsuen no Tempest this weekend. Dude, this has to be one of the best fantasy shows I've watched in a long time (except for Fate/Zero <3). I really think that the convergence between fantasy and mystery elements is what makes this show so intriguing.

(without realizing it, I ended up writing almost a review of the show so far. I've watched up to episode 14. I spoiler-tagged it so that it doesn't occupy too much space, but I made sure there weren't any major spoilers there.)

Every episode makes you think that there's a whole world created by the author, with so many aspects surrounding it that the immersion becomes almost instantaneous.

The story does not seem to have any villains either. We are given two sides of the same conflict, but neither of them are shown as being completely evil or good. All of the characters have their own ideals and psychological dilemmas about the situation they're in, as well as their own goals, which makes the narrative even more powerful, as the web of relationships deepens and characters who seemed initially pretty simple and predictable end up becoming more complex and we delve deeper into their minds (at least those of the main characters); and I believe that Aika deserves special mention in this regard: her actions and lines appear to be covered in a psychological engima, as her existence becomes increasingly poetic. In fact, she really IS like walking poetry, as our interpretations of her become more and more subjective. Not many writers manage to pull this off.

Now, I believe that this balance in the conflict walks hand-in-hand with the idea behind the two trees: initially, we are led to believe that the Tree of Genesis is an entity which represents life itself, like a benevolent god, a being which nutures the very existence of nature and the world, while the Tree of Exodus is a being of death, pain, and destruction, relentlessly destroying everything around it, being the polar opposite of the other Tree. But, in reality, they are both equally destructive, and equally important for the existence of the human race. It is their balance which brings life to the planet, like yin yang. In fact, one would not exist without the other. Just like how we cannot believe in something if there's nothing to oppose it. Indeed, we really should be thankful to our enemies, as it is thanks to them that we are. This perfect balance is present everywhere in the narrative, right down to character interactions. There's no right or wrong. It reminds me of Taoism.

The scenes also have an interesting theatrical aspect about them: they're not simply cool, they're awfully exaggerated; this is especially evident in the final episodes of the first half, which become the climax of the battle of wits which we were presented with: the stakes are extremely high, and the characters become desperate at every turn of events; and while the exaggerations may be a bit silly sometimes, I believe it fits perfectly well with the Shakesperean allegories present in so many scenes and lines of dialogue (though I admit, I am not familiar with Shakespere outside of Othello).

Zetsuen no Tempest ends up an extremely detailed and fleshed-out story, which pulls you into it's rich and fantastical world right on the first episode, and we are pulled deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole with every new development. It manages to make the viewer intrigued about its universe, making them completely immersed into the narrative.

...I guess I ended up going on a tangent, eh?

Totally agree with that. And you'll see that this keeps being true up till the latest episode.

Someone I know told quite accurately that ZnT succeeded where Code Geass had failed: being extremely theatrical without sacrificing credibility and throwing out-of-nowhere plot twist. Everything stays reasonable and logical while still being epic and thrilling. Of course stuff like Code Geass is even more theatrical and probably purposefully threw out some degree of scenario logic, but still, ZnT is really well written.

Plus the characters are all very, very good.

I wasn't convinced by the first few episodes, but now i'm pretty sure it's one of the best anime of the yet impressive lineup that Fall 2012 had.