What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

What a pleasant and relaxing feeling. I feel alive and calm. I miss watching great SoL like this, i think i'm going to enjoy this series a lot.

And you know what? Aria constantly gets better. The Natural has absolutely fascinating episodes and The Origination is just 13 episodes of Aria at its best, with all the "build-up", if I can call it that, of the previous 39 episodes. Easily one of the top 3 SoL series I've watched (unlike Girlfriend Beta *nudge* :3)

Started watching Mahouka - Irregular at magic highschool. 

Had heard some good things about it so decided to watch it. I've seen 2 eps till now and it seems to be decent. I personally ain't a fan of the faces(the faces seem too flat). The incest is pretty balant, hopefully it doesn't become too much. 

I marathoned The Pet Girl of Sakurasou in three sittings.

It's the second anime I have seen and the second to entertain me. Liked it a lot and I will definitely pay for it on christmas. Good stuff.

you might want to try crest of the stars, if you like space scifi with a lot of worldbuilding.

And Aria the animation if you are feeling down. It sweet enough to rot your teeth away, but so pleasant when you are stressed.

Another good one is desert punk altough this one is best when you watch the dub, it just suits it better. And the main character is one you will love to hate.

I am currently watching toradora and enjoying it so far.

Started watching Mahouka - Irregular at magic highschool.

Had heard some good things about it so decided to watch it. I've seen 2 eps till now and it seems to be decent. I personally ain't a fan of the faces(the faces seem too flat). The incest is pretty balant, hopefully it doesn't become too much.

dont worry it does not, and like you say it is a decent anime but personally i prefer the novels.

The characters seem to feel more alive in them than in the anime.

you might want to try crest of the stars, if you like space scifi with a lot of worldbuilding.

And Aria the animation if you are feeling down. It sweet enough to rot your teeth away, but so pleasant when you are stressed.

Another good one is desert punk altough this one is best when you watch the dub, it just suits it better. And the main character is one you will love to hate.

*scribbles in notebook* 

Thanks a lot, I'll look into those later.

dont worry it does not, and like you say it is a decent anime but personally i prefer the novels.

The characters seem to feel more alive in them than in the anime.

Yeah now that I've reached ep 6, the incest has subsided.

Also the pacing seems a bit odd -

At the start it seemed like the blooms vs weeds was the main focus, but that went by pretty fast and now it's concentrating on terrorists. 

Yeah now that I've reached ep 6, the incest has subsided.

Also the pacing seems a bit odd -

At the start it seemed like the blooms vs weeds was the main focus, but that went by pretty fast and now it's concentrating on terrorists. 

they rushed the first story line a bit, and the weed vs bloom was never more than backstory and worldbuilding.

My suggestion is to try the novels, they are translated on baka tsuki and are quite a bit farther than the anime ever whent.

they rushed the first story line a bit, and the weed vs bloom was never more than backstory and worldbuilding.

My suggestion is to try the novels, they are translated on baka tsuki and are quite a bit farther than the anime ever whent.

Reached ep 15, the nine schools arc has a better pacing and it's quite interesting too. Yeah the 'bloom vs weed' turned out to be world-building to show the discrimination due to magic and didn't have much significance in the main plot.

I saw the second OP and the mecha I see in it feels really out of place. I feel that they shouldn't have included it. Though hopefully I'm wrong and the mecha thing is handled carefully .

As for the light novels, I'll check them out after I finish the anime.

I now finished marathoning both seasons of Haganai. Kinda weak ending and sometimes Yozora really annoyed me but in the end a quite enjoyable anime.

I didn´t know that people can react this strongly to roller coasters, that scream was just filled to the rim with vulgar language (Rika still best girl though :wub:).

Finished Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! first and second season (Ren). I enjoyed it like always. Also the second season which was not that bad as expected. The story and the characters are really cute. Yuuta was the kind of MC I tend to like. But, for me, the highlight was Dekomori -> Best Side character (or best not main character ;) ) so far.

Can watch that almost the full time without being borred :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPPCkF6-fk

I think the next I'll watch will be Aria, since it is praised so much.

Just finished mahouka, it was pretty good. I would say that the anime steadily improved over the episodes, and turned out much better than what I had expected from it at the start.
The protag became way over-powered by the end of the anime(scorched halloween/yokohama disturbance). Tatsuya's op steadily increased through the anime, though that isn't a bad thing I can't think of a way he could be defeated.

The world is described vividly and the characters are also good. The backstory of the characters should have been expanded upon, and a bit more effort into making us feel for the characters.

All in all it was good, nothing more nothing less. But I definitely want another season.

Gonna start Angel Beats tomorrow.....