What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I've finished now Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko in 26 hours (including 8 hours sleep and 10 hours at work ;) )... So it seems i was really obsessed with it.

But now it is really hard for me to rate it. There was a lot of storylines and during i wathced it i found it really confusing sometimes, but in the end it awlways maked sense. So if they really had that in mind i would say that that is great writing. I think I really liked it and maybe in the end I will give it a 10 because it was highly entertaining for me.

Definitely I would recommend that to everybody who likes some of the animes I watched so far.

PS: Thats my 200 Post here, so I will celebrate it now... Yahoo !

Finished re-watching Gurren Lagann during my two-week absence from Fuwa.  Man, the feels...and goddamn Gainax, lifting their middle finger at all their fans once again.  I'm kinda scared to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, since I've watched 3 Gainax anime (Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, FLCL), and all of them involved troll endings, or at least semi-troll endings, in Gurren Lagann's case.  Is it worth the almost assured troll ending?

Finished re-watching Gurren Lagann during my two-week absence from Fuwa.  Man, the feels...and goddamn Gainax, lifting their middle finger at all their fans once again.  I'm kinda scared to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, since I've watched 3 Gainax anime (Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, FLCL), and all of them involved troll endings, or at least semi-troll endings, in Gurren Lagann's case.  Is it worth the almost assured troll ending?

Hmmm good question.

personally i could live with the ending, just not with the main characters.

I'm kinda scared to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, since I've watched 3 Gainax anime (Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, FLCL), and all of them involved troll endings, or at least semi-troll endings, in Gurren Lagann's case.  Is it worth the almost assured troll ending?

I've no idea why you would think of the end of TTGL as a troll ending, but oh god how much I laughed when you mentioned a troll ending for Evangelion.

Do you know the director received death threats because of the last two episodes? I guess people didn't understand them or something but they were pissed off.

Anyway, in my opinion Evangelion is probably the best anime there is period, but I've never managed to convince anyone of that fact on this part of the internet so...

Finished re-watching Gurren Lagann during my two-week absence from Fuwa. Man, the feels...and goddamn Gainax, lifting their middle finger at all their fans once again. I'm kinda scared to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion, since I've watched 3 Gainax anime (Gurren Lagann, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, FLCL), and all of them involved troll endings, or at least semi-troll endings, in Gurren Lagann's case. Is it worth the almost assured troll ending?

I've watched those four and Gainax is great. For me Gurren Lagann was the best followed by FLCL. I do understand what NGE was trying to tell (I understood the last 2 eps too), but at the same time it wasn't that enjoyable for me. I don't think Eva's ending can be called a troll end, though the whole thing is a mind screw.

As for watching it, you should definitely watch it. It's mnd screw and hateful characters are an experience that nobody should miss (no sarcasm intended).

I've no idea why you would think of the end of TTGL as a troll ending, but oh god how much I laughed when you mentioned a troll ending for Evangelion.

Yeah no idea why you'd say TTGL has a troll ending. As for Eva, who wouldn't be laughing.

Well, I know it's justified in the story, but

Nia dying right after getting married

feels like it came out of nowhere for no reason.

Nia was made by the Anti-Spiral and she disappeared once the Anti-Spiral were defeated. It was shown in the final battle too.

Finished Kakumeiki Valvrave and now on to watching Suisei no Gargantia. Sci-fi/Mecha glory.

Valvrave was pretty good (aesthetics, fight scenes, music, overall entertainment value), but I do have some hold-ups with it (most but not all aspects to the characters and plot) that prevent me from regarding it as anything higher than, let's say, '7/10 material' for anime. Oh yeah, and Valvrave is one of the most utterly "WTF" things I've watched recently so I recommend the anime to anyone who loves those types of experiences.

As far as Gargantia goes, the originality of the premise presentation has me so hooked that I may end up marathon'ing the whole show in one session. ^^

Finished Kakumeiki Valvrave and now on to watching Suisei no Gargantia. Sci-fi/Mecha glory.

Valvrave was pretty good (aesthetics, fight scenes, music, overall entertainment value), but I do have some hold-ups with it (most but not all aspects to the characters and plot) that prevent me from regarding it as anything higher than, let's say, '7/10 material' for anime. Oh yeah, and Valvrave is one of the most utterly "WTF" things I've watched recently so I recommend the anime to anyone who loves those types of experiences.

As far as Gargantia goes, the originality of the premise presentation has me so hooked that I may end up marathon'ing the whole show in one session. ^^

I marathoned the first season in one sitting, got halfway through the second season and just can't finish it! The characters aren't that great, and I find the fighting to be rather boring for a mecha. 

Finished the 2nd Berserk movie and enjoyed it. Will probably watch the 3rd one sometime tonight if I find the time.

got halfway through the second season and just can't finish it

M-maybe that's for the best, too. ._. Valvrave seems to become more and more "over-the-top" as the show goes along, even counting near the end where it gets REALLY over-the-top (seriously, WTF

Ep 21

). This made it really hard for me to take watching the anime seriously throughout, so it's definitely a flaw. I felt like the plot was too convoluted and all over the place (most events all felt rather forced as they were presented), that it'd need about 4 or 5 seasons to fit it all in a more diluted fashion. To boot, this manages to ruin the character development (in to which there hardly is any for the most important character) because the attention is directed exactly towards the plot and its misgivings.

I still hold to the fact that it did very well in some other areas, but those areas are most definitely neither the character and plot aspects, which I feel are the biggest priority for any developing anime.

M-maybe that's for the best, too. ._. Valvrave seems to become more and more "over-the-top" as the show goes along, even counting near the end where it gets REALLY over-the-top (seriously, WTF

Ep 21

). This made it really hard for me to take watching the anime seriously throughout, so it's definitely a flaw. I felt like the plot was too convoluted and all over the place (most events all felt rather forced as they were presented), that it'd need about 4 or 5 seasons to fit it all in a more diluted fashion. To boot, this manages to ruin the character development (in to which there hardly is any for the most important character) because the attention is directed exactly towards the plot and its misgivings.

I still hold to the fact that it did very well in some other areas, but those areas are most definitely neither the character and plot aspects, which I feel are the biggest priority for any developing anime.

Definitely. I still think it's enjoyable to an extent (think I gave the first season a 6-7/10), but at the same time it's lacking in a lot of areas. Plus, watching them fight the same people for most of the show was kind of a let down. You'd think someone would die after a few battles against eachother lol.

I'm watching both seasons of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, in chronological order... I'm a couple episodes into the

Endless Eight arc...

I didn't know this existed beforehand, but after the 4th episode I decided to check how many times it was going to keep looping... 4 down, 4 to go! I feel like I should marathon them all back to back so I notice all the differences?

I don't feel particularly entertained, but I guess that's the point?  I'll have to look back on this after I'm done lol.

I'm watching both seasons of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, in chronological order... I'm a couple episodes into the

Endless Eight arc...

I didn't know this existed beforehand, but after the 4th episode I decided to check how many times it was going to keep looping... 4 down, 4 to go! I feel like I should marathon them all back to back so I notice all the differences?

I don't feel particularly entertained, but I guess that's the point?  I'll have to look back on this after I'm done lol.

You should have watched them in the broadcast order. 

As for the endless eight, the concept is good but they definitely didn't need to repeat 8 times (4 times would have been enough). Watching the first 2 and the last episode of the endless eight is enough, there's no need to watch all eight. If you didn't know already endless eight was one of the major complaints against the second season.

Attack On Titan.

Really wanting to start "Monster" after this since it seems interesting.

considering following the UBW anime f/sn since I finished UBW route in the VN a few hours ago.

Monster is amazing, and you'll definitely like it if you can handle a show being slow paced. But it's so worth it.