What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Good lord Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is freaking fantastic. I rarely watch more than one episode of any show in a night. Been doing about 2 a night on this one, until the past two nights where I'm up at 6 per sitting. 

Yeah, I thought they did a great job with that show.  It really looked impressive.

And I liked the story.  The only episode that I remember not liking was episode 9...

I couldn't help but laugh at that story about the robot. Yet they obviously meant it to be taken seriously, somehow.

Puchimas is.. strangely addicting..

I've never been so attracted to a 3 min episode series. I put all the 64 episodes as a playlist and sat through the whole thing and loved it.

All those chibis, all the moe. I'm glad there's an on-going sequel. I don't know why i find it so entertaining really.

Couldn't get really into Kamichu, maybe it's too slow paced or something it doesn't really drive me to want to watch it. But i'll keep it as a side series since I never drop anything.

Watching Great Teacher Onizuka. Got told this is an old gem and a pretty hilarious one at that so I have high expectations.

Watching Great Teacher Onizuka. Got told this is an old gem and a pretty hilarious one at that so I have high expectations.

Oh boy. GTO is so great. It's not just hilarious, it's also full of great characters and brilliant coming-of-age stories.

Consider reading the manga if you like it, it's even better.

I started Love Live, it looks like it's Smile Precure-tier of happy-go-lucky. Pretty sure I'm going to like that.

Otherwise it makes me think a bit of Manabi Straight, except with idols instead of political subtext.

I .. I am speechless (and out of breath too)

I just had to post first impressions after 1 single episode (it was 48 mins long though). I thought I'd have to wait 3 or 4 episodes to get into it but I'm already hooked. The story of the first episode managed to be touching while at the same time having a lot of comic relief that I simply could not get tired of.

When he snapped and beat down those 3 students I rolled on my bed laughing out loud. And when he just breaks into Nana's house to take down that wall, topless, without a care in the world, I cried (from laughing)

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. The protagonist Onizuka is one of the most badass characters I have ever seen, I know I won't get tired of him which is great. I am certain I'm going to enjoy GTO a lot. And on to the next episode! Finally  a series I think I can marathon.

It is now 5:30 in the morning. The marathon is finally over. I'm tired but it was well worth it. I won't say this often but Ano Natsu de Matteru is nearly perfect. If not for the slightly rushed ending and also the ending that leaves things to your imagination then this would have been perfect. It was a great romance story. Best one I have seen in an anime in a long time. But damn, the twists in that ending sure took me for a ride. I won't spoil anything but there are still a lot of questions surrounding Lemon. Now I just hope to find something to surpass this one.

I decided to skip sleep and watch Kara no Kyoukai movie seven.

Movie one was good, movie two was more than good, movie three went back to good, movie four was awesome, movie five was excellent, movie six was horrible (it has one of the best scenes I've ever watched, though.) but movie seven was (it might be the spur of the moment but...) the best adaptation I've ever watched, the timing, soundtrack, script, animation, development, everything was near flawless.