What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Well, starting Jigoku Shoujo season 3 today

Honestly i'm a little sad that it has a season 3. I think the ending to season 2 would have been perfect as a conclusion.

But then again I can't complain much since i love the series. I hope season 3 doesn't ruin it though (aka fillers)

Im finally watchin Ouran Highschool... I cant believe i didnt see it sooner! A friend of mine said that it had guys dressin like girls and girls dressin like guys (i think it was a long time ago) so i decided no to watch it. And... I watched the first episode (having gotten over my anit-crossdressin phase) And loved it!! Im on ep 5 tho T-T

Went to see Patema Inverted yesterday.

It's a really nice movie, I encourage anyone who have it in a theater nearby to go see it.

The whole inverted world principle is really well handled and gives great scenes. The rest is a bit too much straightforward (the scenario and dialogues kinda write themselves at some points) but overall the relationship between the protagonists and the treatment of the SF concept made me like it a lot, despite mediocre impressions from the beginning.

I actually wrote a little review about it, but it's in french and I'm too lazy to translate it, sorry...

Felt like going on a short spree.

Watched Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. Just.. what the f**k.. that's all I have to say about it.

Also watched Hotarubi no Mori e. What is this liquid forming in the corner of my eyes? Why won't it stop? This doesn't feel fun at all.

Seriously though it was like instant feels. A mini Clannad. I loved it for what it is.

Also watched Hotarubi no Mori e. What is this liquid forming in the corner of my eyes? Why won't it stop? This doesn't feel fun at all.

This movie is so much the "I totally see where this is going and I cannot do anything but brace for the tears to come" type.

I'm currently watching Zetsubou-sensei. I did expect the dark humor and cynical criticism, but I didn't expect that amount of creepy harem and randomness.

This movie is so much the "I totally see where this is going and I cannot do anything but brace for the tears to come" type.

Indeed. I wasn't even 10 minutes in and I could already see it coming from a distance. Still worth it. Still cried. Still rated it 10/10.

Now onto finishing the last 3 episodes of Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae. This series was one hell of a rollercoaster.

I still love it, it still ranks highly on all the series i've seen. What made me like it a lot was the fact it didn't get repetitive despite using the same formula. At least in my opinion since it kept throwing in new elements to keep you interested.

But I have to say the best part of all these 3 seasons was Tsugumi's appearance. I did not expect it in the 2nd season to see a reference to the first in the middle of the chaos and even in the 3rd season it still plays a big role. God that character has been one of my favorites in the entire thing even when she stops being a loli.

Hopefully the finale doesn't disappoint me. I have high hopes.

As a rule, no otaku-centric or akiba-centric deconstructionist/satirical shows, which are the antithesis of my own escapist philosophy of anime, can ever become my favorite shows--it's not escapism when the real world is made to intrude upon it, even for the sake of "humor."  Although Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai was probably the closest one of those shows had come, because I thought that show was something special (at least for the first season).

Anyway, I find myself watching "Watashi ga Motenai no wa, Dou Kangaete mo, Omaera ga warui"--because I'm looking at me!  Yes, a female version of me.  I've seen 2 episodes; how long this morbid fascination will last is anybody's guess.

For a more traditional anime, I watched Haja Taisei Dangaioh, which someone just recently fansubbed from the DVD, in case you missed it.  It was pretty awesome, and this OVA was never available in the U.S. on laserdisc or DVD...

I'm currently watching Zetsubou-sensei. I did expect the dark humor and cynical criticism, but I didn't expect that amount of creepy harem and randomness.

Zetsubou Sensei is still my favorite anime of all time.