What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Just finished Sakurasou, I'm glad the last chapter was good enough comparing it to last week's chapter.

I would've made a few changes but it still was really nice. A great ending for a great anime.

I downloaded Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, but I'm not sure about it, do you guys think it's worth watching?

Is it the movie or the series? I'd advise watching the series first.

Anyway, it's a great entryway to mahou shoujo because it's definitely aimed at the 20+ male otaku and not the 8 year-old girl. By which I mean less ridiculous opponents, less glowing pink hearts and more big lasers and drama.

Despite this fact, the first season is not an exceptional anime. It's good but not outstanding. The second season is better, on the level of a really good anime.

If you want to try out mahou shoujo, it's not the best of them but it's a good way to start. It's in the middle of the evolution between Card Captor Sakura and Madoka, and you'll find elements inspired from the former and elements that inspired the latter in it.

Is it the movie or the series? I'd advise watching the series first.

Anyway, it's a great entryway to mahou shoujo because it's definitely aimed at the 20+ male otaku and not the 8 year-old girl. By which I mean less ridiculous opponents, less glowing pink hearts and more big lasers and drama.

Despite this fact, the first season is not an exceptional anime. It's good but not outstanding. The second season is better, on the level of a really good anime.

If you want to try out mahou shoujo, it's not the best of them but it's a good way to start. It's in the middle of the evolution between Card Captor Sakura and Madoka, and you'll find elements inspired from the former and elements that inspired the latter in it.

I downloaded eveything, the 3 seasons and the 2 movies.

I love Card Captor Sakura, I re-re-re-rewatched it again last year, I never get tired of it, I've seen it since I was a kid. I also loves Madoka, it was soo different from other mahou shoujo animes that I was really surprised, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Well, if some of this days I feel like starting some anime (apart from the weekly animes that are gonna start soon) I'll start Nanoha

I'm waiting on batches for Shinsekai yori and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Wrapped up Robotics;Notes last night and it was pretty disappointing.

I'm the bad guy, let me reveal my entire plan before shooting you.... every single episode

I'll finish Sasami-san this week too and finally get back into Gunslinger Girl.

I'm waiting on batches for Shinsekai yori and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo. Wrapped up Robotics;Notes last night and it was pretty disappointing.

I'm the bad guy, let me reveal my entire plan before shooting you.... every single episode

I'll finish Sasami-san this week too and finally get back into Gunslinger Girl.

+100 for Gunslinger Girl!! such a classic

And im glad you wanna watch Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, its the one anime (from the past couple seasons) that I would recommend to anyone.

Just finished Sakurasou, I'm glad the last chapter was good enough comparing it to last week's chapter.

I would've made a few changes but it still was really nice. A great ending for a great anime.

I downloaded Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, but I'm not sure about it, do you guys think it's worth watching?

Definetely. You won't be disappointed. It's the kind of series that gets better with each episode. Not exactly familiar with the 3rd season, though.

Yes it is totally worth watching. Well I enjoyed it quite a bit.

You get the series or one of the Movies?? I preferred the Series but the movies are good as well. I just watched the 2nd movie last week actually.

Theres a 3rd coming out soon. Not sure when though.

Movie 1 (info from MAL site)

The movie will be based on the storyline in season 1 but will have new battle animation and a new transformation sequence.

So if you watch the first movie it would be fine though I think you should watch the series first. Its better and more complete storyline wise.

Of course thats just my opinion

Thanks for all your opinions, I'm definitely gonna watch it soon, I'll let you know when I finish.

Well, I'm gonna watch the three seasons and then I'm gonna go for the movies. Even if it's just like a summary of the first season I think it's worth watching, like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's or Evangelion's movies. They always add new scenes and are better made.

Thanks for all your opinions, I'm definitely gonna watch it soon, I'll let you know when I finish.

Well, I'm gonna watch the three seasons and then I'm gonna go for the movies. Even if it's just like a summary of the first season I think it's worth watching, like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's or Evangelion's movies. They always add new scenes and are better made.

Yeah the battle animations in the movies are superior to the TV series. Anyway, hope you enjoy it!

Looking forward your feedback on season 3, I heard reactions from terrible to meh with 'too much fanservice' a lot, which kinda put me off, and I've yet to watch it...

Just finished Kamisama Hajimemashita and Sukitte Ii na yo. Both were average shoujo manga adaptations so I didn't expect much (especially since I already read the manga).

Next up on my backlog:

• Angel Beats! (taking it real slow with this series)
  • Koichoco
  • BTOOOM!

Angel Beats is an amazing Anime. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. As for the other two I have no comment. Though I will say that Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate should of been 24 episodes. ;)

Angel Beats is an amazing Anime. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. As for the other two I have no comment. Though I will say that Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate should of been 24 episodes. ;)/>

Angel Beats was the first anime I've watched dubbed in English (on Netflix). I liked the show a lot, and that last episode got me in the heart, but the English was a little jarring. It made me realize what cartoonized voices must sound like to Japanese native watchers. Kind of an eye opener.

Nanoha is definitely worth, I've been a fan of the series for ages already.

I've been watching "To aru..." series, watched To aru majutsu no Index many years ago and really liked it, but I didn't watch more than that, so yesterday I assaulted To aru kagaku no Railgun, and started Index's 2nd season, seems like I'll be ready for Railgun S...

Also, I've watched Ano Hana...man that story was sad...

Nanoha is definitely worth, I've been a fan of the series for ages already.

I've been watching "To aru..." series, watched To aru majutsu no Index many years ago and really liked it, but I didn't watch more than that, so yesterday I assaulted To aru kagaku no Railgun, and started Index's 2nd season, seems like I'll be ready for Railgun S...

Also, I've watched Ano Hana...man that story was sad...

I've been following "To aru..." series since To Aru Majutsu no Index was released, and it is really great, I can't wait to watch Railgun S, hoping to be as good as the first season.

I also watched Ano Hana, it was really good, but it was as sad as it was good. I had a hard time holding back my tears at the end.

Just so everyone knows I plan on doing a spoiler free "review" of the winter 2013 anime season. Though review is kind of a strong word its more of a "my opinion on the shows I watched".

There were some shows that I dropped or didn't watch at all so those will be excluded. Expect it sometime after the week ends and all the last episodes have aired.