What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

And thus DokiDoki Precure comes to an end.

Overall one of the "less good" Precure out there, but I can't bring myself to not like a Precure series. Most of them are not that great, but when you watch 50 episodes of girls having fun, friendshipping and kicking monsters, it has to grow on you.

There would probably be a lot to say about it though. Lots of ideas, a number of bad ones and most handled poorly.

But for now I'm charging my happiness for next Sunday. I'm a bit skeptical about what was revealed for the moment, but, eh, we'll see.

And thus DokiDoki Precure comes to an end.

Overall one of the "less good" Precure out there, but I can't bring myself to not like a Precure series. Most of them are not that great, but when you watch 50 episodes of girls having fun, friendshipping and kicking monsters, it has to grow on you.

There would probably be a lot to say about it though. Lots of ideas, a number of bad ones and most handled poorly.

But for now I'm charging my happiness for next Sunday. I'm a bit skeptical about what was revealed for the moment, but, eh, we'll see.

I agree! -stamps-  :P

I finished another 2 Kara no Kyoukai movies. The 3rd one seemed really weak, so bad it hurt and the 4th one seemed awesome, maybe even better than how i imagined it.

How did you find those so much different? I really can't see what the third would have done wrong that the fourth would have done right...

How did you find those so much different? I really can't see what the third would have done wrong that the fourth would have done right...

I found the art better in the 4th one, the atmosphere is darker, It doesn't skip as much content from the LN as the 3rd one, the plot itself is better, and that scene with Kokutou singing singing in the rain got me good.

Lots~ As of now, I have Nisekoi, Inari konkon, Mikakunin Shinkoukei, Noragami, Chu2koi 2, Super Sonico.

Oops. I forgot Kuroko no Basuke Season 2 XD <3

Also, I'm currently checking up on the Free! Specials and Mou hitotsu no mirai wo, and Shingeki no Kyojin Picture Drama. These, don't update like the TV ones T.T Sabishii.desu

Edited by Down
Multiple-posting

Finished Maria Holic.

Ahh what can i say.. the protagonist is my female alter ego. It was funny but not over the top. Still entertaining to a certain degree. Art was,, well Shaft like is all i can come up with.

tl;dr: Wow, much nosebleeds, so yuri, wow

Just finished downloading Serial Experiments Lain now. Will start it tonight.

Wish me luck.

Just finished downloading Serial Experiments Lain now. Will start it tonight.

Wish me luck.

I realized after you mentioned it a few days ago that my opinion of that series just went up as time passed.

You can try visiting this website after your watch if you're curious about this. I think I remember reading interesting stuff there...

--

I started watching Sailor Moon. Because, yeah, why not. I'm a generation too late to have seen a single episode of this on TV when I was a kid, so it's all new to me.

What can I say, it's not very good for the moment (about 10 episodes in) but I was told it got better later. Right now there's this double-edged thing about it: it kinda portrays the 90s society with its carefreeness and consumerism, which is interesting, but it does so in a very neutral way, so it's a bit irritating (it's sexist and consumer-friendly).

I'm talking about this mainly because the fights, transformations, relationships etc... are bad or inexistent since the other girls aren't here yet.

I realized after you mentioned it a few days ago that my opinion of that series just went up as time passed.

You can try visiting this website after your watch if you're curious about this. I think I remember reading interesting stuff there...

--

I started watching Sailor Moon. Because, yeah, why not. I'm a generation too late to have seen a single episode of this on TV when I was a kid, so it's all new to me.

What can I say, it's not very good for the moment (about 10 episodes in) but I was told it got better later. Right now there's this double-edged thing about it: it kinda portrays the 90s society with its carefreeness and consumerism, which is interesting, but it does so in a very neutral way, so it's a bit irritating (it's sexist and consumer-friendly).

I'm talking about this mainly because the fights, transformations, relationships etc... are bad or inexistent since the other girls aren't here yet.

sailor moon was good but id suggest you watch the original version not the american dubs where they severely altered parts to make it american friendly like turning one of the two gay characters in to the opposite gender so as to not introduce homosexuality to preteens as a example.  the other cast members do make the show watchable but trust me if your goona watch the whole series its goona be tough it gets very repetitive for long stretches where its just  flashy mahou shoujo battle of the week with lil to no actual plot advancement. and as far as the sexisim goes yeah its rampant in that show after all the usagi x tuxedo mask back and forth makes it kinda difficult to stomach.

sailor moon was good but id suggest you watch the original version not the american dubs where they severely altered parts to make it american friendly like turning one of the two gay characters in to the opposite gender so as to not introduce homosexuality to preteens as a example.  the other cast members do make the show watchable but trust me if your goona watch the whole series its goona be tough it gets very repetitive for long stretches where its just  flashy mahou shoujo battle of the week with lil to no actual plot advancement. and as far as the sexisim goes yeah its rampant in that show after all the usagi x tuxedo mask back and forth makes it kinda difficult to stomach.

I'm using a subbed version, no reason to watch an american dub when I'm not american ^^"

Although if I like it I'll buy the recent french box that came out.

And don't worry, I have about 450 episodes of Precure behind me, I'm fairly used to monster of the week formulas.

I'm using a subbed version, no reason to watch an american dub when I'm not american ^^"

Although if I like it I'll buy the recent french box that came out.

And don't worry, I have about 450 episodes of Precure behind me, I'm fairly used to monster of the week formulas.

awesome i started with mahou shoujos when sailor moon was first aired on american tv and watched it till it ended its first run then found the original the movies and sequels so i was new to the whole battle of the week formula and man did it drive me nuts at first but after awhile it was so normal that i barely noticed the repetitions and found the drama and story events much more exciting because of it.

Regarding  Lain.

I'm only 3 episodes in but i now fully understand what Down meant by "Your brain is not ready"

All i can say right now is WAT. But even if i'm totally clueless i'm extremly interested in it and don't feel like dropping it at all which is good. I hope to finish most of it tonight.

I.. I can't believe i just marathoned this anime in one night.

It's been a while since an anime pushed me to the point where i just wanted to watch everything in a row.

I can't even process this show. My brain feels like it's going to implode. I'd like to review it but i can't even process how i feel about it. 

But i will say it was great. More than great. And i still am sure i didn't get everything in it. That ending though.. And i thought madoka was a masterpiece with that ending. This series completely crushed that imo. I'm going to look more into it tomorrow. Right now i'm just going to crawl into bed and think about my own existence. The name Lain will be marked in my brain forever.

Tomorrow i shall watch 5 centimeters per second.

I.. I can't believe i just marathoned this anime in one night.

It's been a while since an anime pushed me to the point where i just wanted to watch everything in a row.

I can't even process this show. My brain feels like it's going to implode. I'd like to review it but i can't even process how i feel about it. 

But i will say it was great. More than great. And i still am sure i didn't get everything in it. That ending though.. And i thought madoka was a masterpiece with that ending. This series completely crushed that imo. I'm going to look more into it tomorrow. Right now i'm just going to crawl into bed and think about my own existence. The name Lain will be marked in my brain forever.

Tomorrow i shall watch 5 centimeters per second.

lol i do tht every weekend XD Btw, what anime u talkin about... o.o;

lol i do tht every weekend XD Btw, what anime u talkin about... o.o;

Serial Experiments Lain.

A warning if you're getting into it: Your brain is not prepared

I'm now reading some stuff about it to see if i can grasp it a little better though in the end i sort of did it was one of the most disturbing things.

So, I assume you now associate "God" with something much more weird than before? That seeing electric poles trigger strange reactions, and that you won't ever see the internet and your computer the same way?

I'd like to try to point out websites where you can see people's interpretations, but I don't know a lot of those... Well, as time passes you get to understand it more and more I guess.