What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Well opinions are opinions, it was very lacking in a lot of aspects but it didn't suck terribly. If it had a continuation i might have appreciated it more.

C3's only asset is Fear, because lolis. And because her powers are pretty neat. The rest of the story/plot is a big mess and the end is unfullfilling too. The horror/gore elements are kind of a hit a miss but i still liked it because Fear is cute. This is when my personal tastes blind my logical judgement. I'd like to have seen all of her cursed tools though.

Going to start Strawberry Panic. I've been putting it off and i want to watch it before watching Precure. I need some yuri.

Lol yea. I agree. Fear was the best character in there. Still, i think if it had a continuation i think there would be more of a story. Imma read the LN and hope for a S2... Tokyo Ravens was off to a slow start i watched til ep 5 thn stopped cuz well... it got boring. imma pick it up again after Kyokai no kanata (has to be my least fav fall 2013). Tokyo Ravens has an epic Opening. So im hoping it will get better.

Btw, whats ur opinion on Kill la Kill being plagiarized or whatever... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-06/mangaka-suggests-kill-la-kill-may-be-plagiarized

Btw, whats ur opinion on Kill la Kill being plagiarized or whatever... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-06/mangaka-suggests-kill-la-kill-may-be-plagiarized

That's such BS. I hate when there's claims of plagiorism when it seems that people don't fully understand what it is. 

Even the author of said manga that people claimed kill la kill was copied from said himself it is not plagiarism. People exaggerate a lot.

Plagiorism is criminal activity that can award you heavy fines. Do you really believe Kill la Kill would be out if this was the case?

Unless Kill la Kill had the exact same characters and story it is NOT plagiarism. Similar setting/story? Yes. Illegal activity? No

Or else the whole anime world is a bunch of plagiorism. 

Is it however annoying that it's using a lot of similar elements of an already existing manga? Now THAT is debatable.

But don't hate on a show over this. Even the own author said it's not worth getting worked up over it.

This is especially stupid since Kill la Kill has many sources of inspiration, as a resurgence of a genre that was popular in the 80s (the school yankee fight manga and all this stuff), and that manga just happens to have the same kind of inspirations. The guys at Trigger are huge nerds who like all kind of old obscure references after all.

But, eh, there are still people saying that TTGL was a shameless Getter Robo rip-off.

If we were to talk about plagiorism in japanese animation in the first place and at such a small scale, there would be like 10 series.

*Omg your story takes place in a school with cute girls and a perverted main character (1000 series)! PLAGIORISM !* 

*BEEEP*

Wrong !

Plus if Kill la Kill didn't go popular that wouldn't have even been an issue. 

Maybe it has some things in common but it's not the same.

I'm quite surprised they even found something that looked like it given this series originality.

Whenever there's a hyped up show there'll always be more people trying to hate on it. It's just how it works sadly.

If we all followed this silly logic we'd be at the point where we'd say something along the lines of:

Oh look at the oldest strip of anime ever found. And now they're also using moving pictures? Plagiorism. 

LOL! True. I find alotta scenes in some anime similar to others but if u really think about, all works have a reference in one way or another... some are just more obvious than others. Like The reference for Toaru Majutsu no Index in Durarara (dem Otakus XD). And i think the VN was... Air in Kaminomi zo shiru sekai... And really, i wouldnt hate on a show for being popular... The show is popular for a reason so why argue? Having said that... What do u think the most popular anime of 2014 is going to be? (2012 was SAO. 2013 was Shingeki no Kyojin and 2014...) 

What do u think the most popular anime of 2014 is going to be? (2012 was SAO. 2013 was Shingeki no Kyojin and 2014...)

Actually, in 2012, both Nisemonogatari and Fate/Zero sold more than SAO, iirc. And maybe one or two others.

Fandom popularity is harder to measure though... But F/Z probably would have a shot.

Yea, i guess we can only wait. Serei Tsuka no Blade Dance is going to be animated so im looking forward to that but i doubt it will be most popular of the year. There are also some other crazy rumors too. Rewrite being animated for 2014, Fate Paradox, and Tales of Xillia anime. Hopefully they are all true cuz id really like to see them animated.

Yea, i guess we can only wait. Serei Tsuka no Blade Dance is going to be animated so im looking forward to that but i doubt it will be most popular of the year. There are also some other crazy rumors too. Rewrite being animated for 2014, Fate Paradox, and Tales of Xillia anime. Hopefully they are all true cuz id really like to see them animated.

There was a petition ongoing for Rewrite (to be animated by the ones that did the second opening in the visual novel) a few weeks ago, in that site were you sign petitions and they tend to be worked out in the end (I can't remember it's name). Hopefuly, it isn't only a rumor! <3

About the popular anime, I thought Kill la Kill was replacing SNK (or that's what I read a while back, as I don't really like neither of them), and I don't know which one would be the "best" of this season. For example, Noragami seems really cool, but I've only seen a single episode, so I can't really say yet if it will be in the most popular ranking and things like that D:! 

About the popular anime, I thought Kill la Kill was replacing SNK (or that's what I read a while back, as I don't really like neither of them)

SnK is insanely popular, even if KlK outsells it (which I doubt), it's been everywhere in Japan for a while (posters in the street, a bunch of advertisement, etc). In terms of pure overall popularity (sells usually reflecting japanese otaku popularity) it's the most popular show of the last few years.

With regards to Kill la Kill, my initial impression is that I wouldn't like it. But this picture has made be at least give it a try once it finishes airing.

Hahaha that picture made my day. I honestly have no clue wether the person who made it is really serious or trolling really hard.

I'm still pretty sure that Kill la Kill is mostly about 2 girls in extremly revealing suits blowing stuff up and beating people up as days go by and more people show up and get beat up and the school grounds gets wrecked countless times. That might be just me though. That extremly deep interpretation shone a new light on me however, I'm showing it to my girlfriend and see if i can convince her on how Kill la Kill is pretty epic.

Also guys i need some Shoujo Ai, I haven't watched many Shoujo Ai/Yuri anime since it's fairly hard to find decent shows (or maybe i'm just bad at searching) .Does anyone here happen to know or be an expert on the subject? I'd appreciate it very much if you could recommend me something. I like the moe stuff (Yuru Yuri, Kanamemo, etc) but i don't mind the dramatic stuff either (Sasameki Koto, Strawberry Panic, etc.) Yuri undertones are ok too, just NO hentai.

Also guys i need some Shoujo Ai, I haven't watched many Shoujo Ai/Yuri anime since it's fairly hard to find decent shows (or maybe i'm just bad at searching) .Does anyone here happen to know or be an expert on the subject? I'd appreciate it very much if you could recommend me something. I like the moe stuff (Yuru Yuri, Kanamemo, etc) but i don't mind the dramatic stuff either (Sasameki Koto, Strawberry Panic, etc.) Yuri undertones are ok too, just NO hentai.

I'm watching maria holic at the moment, which is nothing but yuri undertones. if you haven't seen it go watch it. it's pretty funny.

With regards to Kill la Kill, my initial impression is that I wouldn't like it. But this picture has made me at least give it a try once it finishes airing.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch, most of the reasoning behind this makes sense, and it's an issue that has been all over the media(and social media) in recent years.

With regards to Kill la Kill, my initial impression is that I wouldn't like it. But this picture has made me at least give it a try once it finishes airing.

I don't like other thinking to much.

Let almost nude women fight and it'll make entertainment.

Plus it's funny.

I think this went a bit too far in the analyse. Just a bit to far.

(Or maybe the scenarists are like top psychologists making experiments on us, we little guinea pigs )

Despite some dubious statements (TTGL is a show about masculinity? Why is "cinematography" used this way?) this is actually a very reasonable interpretation of Kill la Kill, and I can't think of anything to say against it.

Not to say that's what the authors intended, but that doesn't matter. And the latest episodes kinda put this whole thing aside.

(TTGL is a show about masculinity?

I haven't seen the whole show but from the bits and parts I did see, I'm inclined to agree that TTGL is about masculinity.

Now because I haven't seen the entire show in question, my opinion is obviously seen as less valid. Since I was spoiled about the show however, just this key bit makes me believe that statement:

You might want to avoid clicking this unless you've seen the show already

I believe that since Kamina dies and Simon ends up becoming a capable man despite what we've seen of him when he was younger supports the masculinity statement.

It also certainly seems like a coming of age story with over the top elements (sounds pretty much exactly what Kill la Kill now sounds to me after seeing that picture).

Again though, since I haven't seen the whole show, I wouldn't be able to help prove or disprove the masculinity assertion beyond this.

I haven't seen the whole show but from the bits and parts I did see, I'm inclined to agree that TTGL is about masculinity.

Now because I haven't seen the entire show in question, my opinion is obviously seen as less valid. Since I was spoiled about the show however, just this key bit makes me believe that statement:

You might want to avoid clicking this unless you've seen the show already

I believe that since Kamina dies and Simon ends up becoming a capable man despite what we've seen of him when he was younger supports the masculinity statement.

It also certainly seems like a coming of age story with over the top elements (sounds pretty much exactly what Kill la Kill now sounds to me after seeing that picture).

Again though, since I haven't seen the whole show, I wouldn't be able to help prove or disprove the masculinity assertion beyond this.

Kamina is the masculinity in TTGL, after episode 8, his extra takes the protagonism though :c 

Finished watching Golden Time 13, and as always, it's killing me. I hate that ghost/memory thingie, and I hope he dissappears entirely with the feelings for Rinda. The same is happening to me with the Area no Kishi manga, but that's another story xD

Watching Nagi no Asukara with a friend and I really need to watch more Cowboy Bebop (I know I know). And I'm slow-rolling Mushishi whenever the mood takes me.

Planning on watching Naruto soon, cause I really love the combat and style mechanisms. They are so cool!!! Or I might detour and watch Avatar first (i know it's not anime, but it's great)

Also gotta watch a few more Anime Mirai OVAs sometime...

For the 2013 ones only Death Billiards and Little Witch Academia were good. Both Arve Rezzle and Ryo were failures, sadly.

I don't remember all the years and names for the other ones, but Wasurenagumo has to be seen.

Watching Nagi no Asukara with a friend and I really need to watch more Cowboy Bebop (I know I know). And I'm slow-rolling Mushishi whenever the mood takes me.

Planning on watching Naruto soon, cause I really love the combat and style mechanisms. They are so cool!!! Or I might detour and watch Avatar first (i know it's not anime, but it's great)

I think you're gonna love type-moon, their battles TO THE DEATH are always epic and go down for generations.

You might as well watch Fate/Zero, i haven't watched it myself but i read the LN and they are amazing

Welp had to wait until yesterday for a sub group to finally release the last episode of Refrain but I finally finished watching Refrain.

I'd say that they did a pretty good job adapting it. But more often than not, the source material is better than the adaptation and Little Busters is no exception.

Refrain was still enjoyable and despite knowing what was going to happen, it still managed to make me cry at times.

You guys probably could infer this from my previous posts but If you're at all interested in the friendship message Little Busters conveys, then do yourself a favor and read the VN first.

As I've said earlier when I finished watching the first season of Little Busters, the decisions they made to include, take out, and add in new scenes bothered me. For the most part though, I have to appreciate what they did with the anime, when the corresponding part of the novel was mostly just text.

I should actually start Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai like I mentioned earlier.