What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

My god, I've been waiting forever for this. I was always wondering whether or not they'd have a second season. Looking forward to how GGO is going to be adapted.

But i'm begging that they don't do it like they did the second part of the first season.

Make it epic and lovely like the first part, but not fan service and ridiculous like the second part.

Finished Shugo Chara

For my first Mahou Shoujo anime since Sailor Moon back when i was a kid it was pretty refreshing. It seems i'll really enjoy the genre.

Going to start Shugo Chara! Doki tonight

Also watching Sword Art Online Extra Edition that i completely forgot about.

But i'm begging that they don't do it like they did the second part of the first season.

Make it epic and lovely like the first part, but not fan service and ridiculous like the second part.

I liked the 2nd half i don't understand why people hate so much on it but opinions are opinions.

I have to say though the GGO arc is PROBABLY the best arc so far in the SAO franchise. It tops SAO and ALO imo. It's pretty much as epic as SAO but with guns. How can you hate on that?

I hope they don't mess it up.

I liked the 2nd half i don't understand why people hate so much on it but opinions are opinions.

I have to say though the GGO arc is PROBABLY the best arc so far in the SAO franchise. It tops SAO and ALO imo. It's pretty much as epic as SAO but with guns. How can you hate on that?

Why the tentacles and the gross monsters ?

Why the free nude scene ?

Why the whiny sister ?

Why the crazy, not memorable, perv, sadistic bad guy ?

Maybe that's just me, but that didn't attract me at all.

It was not bad, but ... without it it would have been so much better to me :/

Gonna marathon Kyoukai no Kanata tonight and hope the ending has some sort of redeeming quality. It's easily my least favorite KyoAni show so far with how average it is.

I think you'll be disappointed in that department, it had one of the weakest non memorable cliche endings ever in my opinion.

Why the tentacles and the gross monsters ?

Why the free nude scene ?

Why the whiny sister ?

Why the crazy, not memorable, perv, sadistic bad guy ?

Maybe that's just me, but that didn't attract me at all.

It was not bad, but ... without it it would have been so much better to me :/

SAO was never really an anime focusing on action and rpg elements, i always saw it as a drama so the second half was just more of the same melodrama and love polygons revolving around kirito. I liked the 2nd half for the setting.

I think you'll be disappointed in that department, it had one of the weakest non memorable cliche endings ever.

The ending isn't great, but the second half of the series overall redeemed the show for me. It went from garbage to an actually watchable chuuni anime, with some not-that-bad comedy elements (that episode 6 man). (And the animation quality is great).

Don't get me wrong i like SAO and i can't wait for season 2 but i think the 2nd half of SAO was just as good as the first one. The first half has plenty of moments i disliked like all the girls Kirito met who never appear again until the end and pretty much every single character that i liked barely gets any screen time. It's like the entire thing revolved around Kirito. The 2nd half was at least a bit more broad when they introduced Sugu even though a lot of people hate her. And the fantasy setting of ALO was cool too but of course the antagonist was one of the worst ever. Both arcs have their share of fanservice as well.

Let's see if GGO makes up for it with trap Kirito :D

The ending isn't great, but the second half of the series overall redeemed the show for me. It went from garbage to an actually watchable chuuni anime, with some not-that-bad comedy elements (that episode 6 man). (And the animation quality is great).

I liked watching Kyoukai no Kanata, the animation is always great as expected from KyoAni and for most part it was enjoyable enough but i think the ending itself was really poor and non creative. That's just my opinion though. I still rate it above average.

I think you'll be disappointed in that department, it had one of the weakest non memorable cliche endings ever in my opinion.

I liked the ending though. I was more disappointed at the random idol episode, I thought the series was going to die in that very moment. I'm glad I was wrong ;U;

I liked the ending though. I was more disappointed at the random idol episode, I thought the series was going to die in that very moment. I'm glad I was wrong ;U;

My biggest problem with the ending is:

Everything was building up well.

The second half of the show was getting interesting and the moments between Mirai and Akihito were great. I liked all of that.

It was heartbreaking seeing Mirai disappearing, it was like Madoka Magica all over again.

And then it was like all of it was okay because Mirai SOMEHOW appears again out of nowhere for no real reason, just because she was "fated to be with Akihito" or someting of the sort.

It makes the ending happier but it also makes it very cliched if you ask me and that's what i didn't like. I prefer a more logical ending that's all.

My biggest problem with the ending is:

Everything was building up well.

The second half of the show was getting interesting and the moments between Mirai and Akihito were great. I liked all of that.

It was heartbreaking seeing Mirai disappearing, it was like Madoka Magica all over again.

And then it was like all of it was okay because Mirai SOMEHOW appears again out of nowhere for no real reason, just because she was "fated to be with Akihito" or someting of the sort.

It makes the ending happier but it also makes it very cliched if you ask me and that's what i didn't like. I prefer a more logical ending that's all.

Oh right, the non-explained appareance of Mirai was really stupid, what I liked was that she didn't die and that they ended up together. I would, at least, like an ova with a better explanation or something D;

Oh right, the non-explained appareance of Mirai was really stupid, what I liked was that she didn't die and that they ended up together. I would, at least, like an ova with a better explanation or something D;

That's the thing. I like seeing them together but i absolutely hate the "everything's okay because we made it okay" ending. It's like KyoAni didn't even bother putting effort into it. An OVA would be nice. There's so many things left unaswered. The whole spirit society thing. Who the hell is Akihito's father. More stuff about Akihito's past. I want to know more about Youmu as well. It's just too much that was left unsaid.

Just finished watching Toradora! and it sure was amazing.

When I first saw the number of espisodes i thought "the story must be nothing special", well I couldn't be more wrong...

The story is very well written for the number of episodes and it made me feel like I was part of it, wich doesn't happen very often.

The characters are very well created phisically and most importantly they have one very important feature tha I like to call "dynamic personality" and that means the characters will react more naturally to their environment by chabging their personalities and way of thought throughout the story and that is something you don't see very often.

The soundtrack is awsome! And one of the things that I like is that the music plays at the right time so for example if a sad/emotional scene is occurring the music that plays matches perfectly with that theme, emphasizing even more those feelings, and let me tell you that Toradora! has some really emotional scenes that will make some cry (i was one of them xD).

So if I could rate this awsome anime I would give it 10/10 and I recommend it to everyone that hasn't watched it yet.

Darn all this Kyoukai no Kanata discussion while I'm still watching it. I'm on episode 10 and I can easily see why people were disappointed with the show, even without having seen the ending.

In regards to SAO: Honestly both halves had their big flaws but I enjoyed the first half more than the second simply because I enjoyed reading the SAO arc more than the ALO arc. I really hope they don't mess this up either. I want to see the SAO x Accel World cross over animated but the chances of that happening are slim since Accel World isn't anywhere near that point yet.

personally i didnt enjoy the sao anime, when comparing it to the light novels. The main reason for my displeasure is due to the anime trying to make it action base, when its more of a character development anime. I wish they did mother's rosario arc. 

well i just finished hayate the combat butler season 2, the ova and the movie, so im currently watching Hataraku Maou-sama!  to take a break before starting season three of hayate even though i hate the way the new studio is handling the animation and character designs i feel i must complete the series after all at this point im 78 episodes and a hour long movie invested in the series.

That's the thing. I like seeing them together but i absolutely hate the "everything's okay because we made it okay" ending. It's like KyoAni didn't even bother putting effort into it. An OVA would be nice. There's so many things left unaswered. The whole spirit society thing. Who the hell is Akihito's father. More stuff about Akihito's past. I want to know more about Youmu as well. It's just too much that was left unsaid.

Well, KyoAni seems more inclined to do "cute and entertaining anime", like K-on and, er, stuff like that, so I wasn't realy expecting much from them when I saw the idol episode. I know that moe was loved by everyone, mostly those who like cute and entertaining above the storyline, but if they hadn't put that in, they could've had an entire episode to explain things ~_~

Just finished watching Kyoukai no Kanata.

*Insert stuff about Kyoukai no Kanata*

*Insert stuff about Kyoukai no Kanata*

Rant:

This is mainly at Sieghart here, but I actually found the second half of the series to be the disappointing half. Sure the plot thickens, but the way they went about adapting this second half bothered me.

From the incident with Sakura (Episode 7) to "suddenly backstory" (Episode 10), I just became increasingly disappointed.

First the Sakura incident was literally wrapped up in one episode. The vibe I got from the end of the fight between Mirai and Sakura is "You can't compensate your lack of powers with this weapon so be a good girl." Years of what I'm assuming to be pent up anger and grief over Yui's death and its resolved with this?

Then there's Episode 10 where Mirai's backstory is explored. After half of Episode 9 dedicated to Mirai contemplating killing Akihito and being lead to believe that she indeed went through with it, we get Episode 10 which basically said, "Nope she didn't kill Akihito and here's why". Lets not forget that up until this point, Mirai couldn't possibly kill a friend and had issues with stabbing Akihito when the Hollow Shadow was possessing him. Mirai's supposed scars from killing Yui were swept under the rug, with the Sakura incident resolution further supporting this.

Now the rest of the content in the second half aside from these aspects was alright up until the ending. The build up and suspense between episodes was done well. I would even say the conflict was reasonable except we don't know the reason behind the conflict yet. The last two episodes left too much to be desired though.

We have no idea what the background of Akihito's mother is, nor do we know the background of Izumi and how she has a Youmu inside of her. We don't even get a hint at Miroku's (the bad guy in case you guys are bad with names) motivation for wanting Beyond the Boundary to destroy the world (even the anime explicitly went and said everything regarding him was swept under the rug) and yet, we had Episode 6 the fanservice idol episode.

Don't get me wrong, I was completely fine with that episode and fanservice. But when they showed that episode instead of having a plot oriented episode, I have to take issue with it, especially given what little information on the actual plot we have. On a somewhat related note, I heard that the series was supposed to get 13 episodes but it dropped to 12 for some reason.

We also got Mirai miraculously coming back to life with no explanation whatsoever. To give you some context before I go on, I like the "comedic slice of life first half, drama and important stuff second half, then having a happy end" formula and can appreciate when its done well. But when you have me actually wishing that an integral character of the series (like Mirai) stayed dead, there's something clearly wrong with the execution.

TL;DR

I enjoyed it for the slice of life, comedic first half but it failed at delivering the dramatic, plot relevant second half adequately

Just finished watching Kyoukai no Kanata.

Rant:

This is mainly at Sieghart here, but I actually found the second half of the series to be the disappointing half. Sure the plot thickens, but the way they went about adapting this second half bothered me. There's a TL;DR at the end of this.

From how the incident with Sakura was wrapped up (Episode 7) to "suddenly backstory" (Episode 10), I just became increasingly disappointed.

First the Sakura incident was literally wrapped up in one episode. The vibe I got from the end of the fight between Mirai and Sakura is "You can't compensate your lack of powers with this weapon so be a good girl." Years of what I'm assuming to be pent up anger and grief over Yui's death and its resolved with this?

Then there's Episode 10 where Mirai's backstory is explored. After half of Episode 9 dedicated to Mirai contemplating killing Akihito and being lead to believe that she indeed went through with it, we get Episode 10 which basically said, "nope she didn't kill Akihito and here's why". Lets not forget that up until this point, Mirai couldn't possibly kill a friend and had issues with stabbing Akihito when the Hollow Shadow was possessing him. Mirai's supposed scars from killing Yui are swept under the rug, with the Sakura incident resolution further supporting this.

Now the rest of the content in the second half was alright up until the ending. The build up and suspense between episodes was done well. I would even say the conflict was reasonable except we don't know the reason behind the conflict yet. The last two episodes left too much to be desired though.

We have no idea what the background of Akihito's mother is, nor do we know the background of Izumi and how she has a Youmu inside of her. We don't even get a hint at Miroku's (the bad guy in case you guys are bad with names) motivation for wanting Beyond the Boundary to destroy the world (even the anime explicitly went and said everything regarding him was swept under the rug) and yet, we had Episode 6 the fanservice idol episode.

Don't get me wrong, I was completely fine with that episode and fanservice. But when they showed that episode instead of having a plot oriented episode, I have to take issue with it, especially given what little information on the actual plot we have.

We also got Mirai miraculously coming back to life with no explanation whatsoever. To give you some context before I go on, I like the "comedic slice of life first half, drama and important stuff second half, then having a happy end" formula and can appreciate when its done well. But when you have me actually wishing that an integral character of the series (like Mirai) stayed dead, there's something clearly wrong with the execution.

TL;DR

I enjoyed it for the slice of life comedy half but it failed at delivering the dramatic plot relevant second half adequately.

I have to agree with most of this, like the fight between Mirai and Sakura which ended being like a shonen one ("we fought and now we're friends!"). I also wanted to know more about Akihito's family, as they hinted that his mother could be quite strong (or I understood it like that after the little "clash" between her and Izumi). If someone had to die, it was the glasses guy that I can't remember his name, the one that drank juice all the time xD

I didn't like at all the idol episode just because I'm not really into slice of life (with a few exceptions here and there; and I can't say that I hated some of the funny moments in the first half) or anime like K-on or things like that, where 'cute' is the main selling point, and KyoAni seems to be targeting just that since a while a go. Overall, I liked Kyoukai no Kanata, but it lacked in a lot of things, and it wasn't one of those anime wich I waited impatiently for a new chapter (like it's happening to me with Log Horizon or Diamond No Ace).