What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

My slice of life backlog was getting clear, so I just started Minami-ke. Seems pretty nice and funny, and with four seasons or something to go I sure hope it'll get awesome.

Also trying to clear the rest of my backlog with mild success... I've rather been watching movies lately. Gintama movie (awesome ofc), Hakujaden for my culture, Arrietty which was really nice...

My slice of life backlog was getting clear, so I just started Minami-ke. Seems pretty nice and funny, and with four seasons or something to go I sure hope it'll get awesome.

The Minami-ke series is slice of life in the purest sense of the word. Very slow paced and nothing over the top. It's literally just the daily lives of the Minami family. I loved watching every episode at night to relax myself. Pretty memorable cast of characters too.

Cleared my backlog. Had to finish Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight and Tari Tari.

I'm going to see if i can get into the whole Mahou Shoujo genre.

Starting out Shugo Chara FINALLY. 

I'll follow it up with Futari wa Precure and the rest of the Precure series.

Hopefully this opens my horizon for the mahou shoujo genre

I finished Henneko, it was pretty good.  I hadn't set the bar too high since it seemed like just another ecchi comedy, but overall it was pretty well done and the ecchi comedy wasn't over the top and was pretty amusing.  The series structure kinda reminded me of Chuunibyou in some ways, with episodes progressively moving from mostly comedy in the early episodes to serious story episodes full of feels.

I also started Monogatari Series Second Season and started rewatching the original Railgun series to relax with something familiar inbetween holiday dinners and parties.  I got the Wolf Children Blu-ray/DVD combo for christmas, so I should rewatch this and cry again sometime soon.  (Oh yeah and I finished rewatching all the Kill la Kill episodes up to the latest last week)

Finished Natsu no Arashi! season 1. Loved it. Stops just short of being great, but it's a very good show. Also working on the Suisei no Gargantia Specials and began Seitokai no Ichizon. 

Seitokai no Ichizon is great and the second season was good too i wish i could get the light novels in english io know theres fan translation going on for it but its taking a long time and id realy like to support that series.

Oh my god, thanks for reminding me that the last episode is going to be aired tomorrow. That cliff hanger on episode 25... T.T

yeah i cant wait for the next episode also i wish they would announce when were getting kizumongatori allready im tired of waiting with no hope clearly in sight.

All I know is that we're guaranteed all of the -gatari series at some point. So it IS going to happen, we just don't know when.

yeah they already announced that kizu was goona be made as a movie instead of a arc  and that last i read it was expected to be done in 2014 but theres been no further announcements since then.  frankly im looking forward to it immensely. oshino isn't my fave  of the girls but shes third on my list so i cant wait to see more of her in a more active role.

Well, seeing that a lot of series I was following ended this season, I was thinking of starting to watch something new while waiting for the few ones I'm going to watch the next season (why was this one so good, and the next one's filled with slice of life and silliness? ;_; ). I don't know what to watch, though, as I'm more of the romance-oriented anime, and I've finished most of them x_x maybe Minami-ke or something like that.

All I know is that we're guaranteed all of the -gatari series at some point. So it IS going to happen, we just don't know when.

Yes all of the monogatari series volumes will be adapted into Anime.

Currently they're ending the second season with Koimonogatari and they didn't adapt Hanamonogatari which is the final chapter. There's also the movie for Kizumonogatari which has no date but they did show PVs for it during the Madoka Magica screenings.

The Monogatari Series: Final Season light novels are almost done publishing. The first 3 novels were already released. The last 2 will be released "later" with no official release date but I'm guessing 2014 shouldn't be too farfetched. So maybe we can expect an adaptation in late 2015 or 2016 ?

Yes all of the monogatari series volumes will be adapted into Anime.

Currently they're ending the second season with Koimonogatari and they didn't adapt Hanamonogatari which is the final chapter. There's also the movie for Kizumonogatari which has no date but they did show PVs for it during the Madoka Magica screenings.

The Monogatari Series: Final Season light novels are almost done publishing. The first 3 novels were already released. The last 2 will be released "later" with no official release date but I'm guessing 2014 shouldn't be too farfetched. So maybe we can expect an adaptation in late 2015 or 2016 ?

hanamonogatori is being done as a ova and is being animated this year http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-29/hanamonogatari-anime-previewed-in-video

hanamonogatori is being done as a ova and is being animated this year http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-29/hanamonogatari-anime-previewed-in-video

Thanks for posting this. I figured they'd make an OVA out of it as well i just didn't see any official annoucement. Great to know it'll air in 2014. Let's just hope it's early rather than late.

Finished watching Little Busters. While I wasn't happy that certain things were glossed over, I really enjoyed the adaptation. Now I'm waiting for my sub group to release the last episode of Refrain before starting it.

Spoiling the Anime and the Visual Novel:

The main issue I had was the decisions for some of the scenes. There were a bunch of smaller scenes that irked me but the one I remember most vividly is during Kud's route. I honestly feel that instead of having the viewer actually see what happens to Kud after she went back to Tevua, they should have kept it the way the Visual Novel had it with just a phone call from Kud getting cut off by the rebels. It would have been so much more powerful that way.

Also going to be finishing Monogatari today. I honestly don't know what to expect.

I finished Madoka, it wasn't really good in my opinion. I can't really understand the hype.

With that i'll just move onto Kara no Kyoukai, only after i read the LN.

Madoka was a decomposition of the Magical Girl genre. That's why it was amazing. There have probably other decompositions but Madoka's was the most well done it seems.

Finished Monogatari: Second Season. Forgive my language but (also contains spoilers)

What the fuck man? Like seriously? First the episode begins with it seeming like everyone is fucked. Then Kaiki pulls out manga drawing as the secret in the closet and goes on to explain that Nadeko seems to have done all this due to PUBERTY. It then seems like its going to end well, and then all of the sudden, bomb shells start dropping out of Kaiki's mouth and to top everything off, he dies because of an extra. God damn... and then we have to remember what Kaiki tells us in the beginning of this arc that he's an unreliable narrator...

Don't get me wrong, Monogatari is great and always has been, but this final episode is just "umm wut?" inducing beyond comprehension (still love it to bits though, just getting my thoughts out).

The second season isn't even over yet technically with Hanamonogatari being aired in 2014 and then there's Kizumonogatari still looming in the distant future...

Edit: ... Just found out the details of the Angel Beats Visual Novel. I'm going to have to wait for all six of them to be translated... sighs

I finished Madoka, it wasn't really good in my opinion. I can't really understand the hype.

With that i'll just move onto Kara no Kyoukai, only after i read the LN.

Haha. I agree with you on Madoka. But, it wasnt all that bad. the ending was pretty good. now i just need to watch the movies... :/

Finished Aoki Hagane!! It was pretty good. I really want a S2... >.<

And yay SAO II Announced XD 2014 is gonna b a great year for me XD

My god, I've been waiting forever for this. I was always wondering whether or not they'd have a second season. Looking forward to how GGO is going to be adapted.