What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Don't get me wrong, i watched a streak of depressing anime: Angel Beats, AnoHana, Clannad, Clannad After Story

All in a row, and all for the first time too. I think I cried enough.. Clannad made me cry too and now i want something that'll cheer me up.

I haven't watched Code Geass simply for the reason it's a mecha, however like i said i wanted something that'll cheer me up and i read that gurren laggan is a well put together shounen comedy with action and it has mecha so i figured it's just the right mixture of new elements and hilarity. Code Geass might be good but it's too dark for what i'm in the mood now.

If i enjoy gurren laggan i'll watch Code Geass after as i'm aware it's highly rated.

Gurren Laggan is a GREAT start for watching mecha, just a great anime all-around.  As for Code Geass, I enjoyed it FAR more than I should have.  Some of the characters seemed like they would really irk me as I watched it but, holy crap I was wrong.  Code Geass is one of my favorites, mainly based on it's character development.

Gurren Laggan is a GREAT start for watching mecha, just a great anime all-around.  As for Code Geass, I enjoyed it FAR more than I should have.  Some of the characters seemed like they would really irk me as I watched it but, holy crap I was wrong.  Code Geass is one of my favorites, mainly based on it's character development.

I have to wake up at  10am tomorrow and it's 3am and i can't stop watching Gurren Laggan, this really is entertaining  :P

As for Code Geass i shall watch it after when i'm in a mood for a darker show.

Don't get me wrong, i watched a streak of depressing anime: Angel Beats, AnoHana, Clannad, Clannad After Story

All in a row, and all for the first time too. I think I cried enough.. Clannad made me cry too and now i want something that'll cheer me up.

I haven't watched Code Geass simply for the reason it's a mecha, however like i said i wanted something that'll cheer me up and i read that gurren laggan is a well put together shounen comedy with action and it has mecha so i figured it's just the right mixture of new elements and hilarity. Code Geass might be good but it's too dark for what i'm in the mood now.

If i enjoy gurren laggan i'll watch Code Geass after as i'm aware it's highly rated.

perhaps Kanon 2006 will cheer you up~ and now that you're at it you should also try Air~ ah and don't forget to watch Refrain~

anyway i understand that you wanna watch explosions and awesomeness but wouldn't a comedy like nichijou or zetubou-sensei work better? or maybe something super mega moe like K-on or Chu2koi?

if you can tolerate pointless fanservice then sure go watch Code Geass whenever you feel like it

I have to wake up at  10am tomorrow and it's 3am and i can't stop watching Gurren Laggan, this really is entertaining  :P

As for Code Geass i shall watch it after when i'm in a mood for a darker show.

I wouldn't really call it dark. 

perhaps Kanon 2006 will cheer you up~ and now that you're at it you should also try Air~ ah and don't forget to watch Refrain~

anyway i understand that you wanna watch explosions and awesomeness but wouldn't a comedy like nichijou or zetubou-sensei work better? or maybe something super mega moe like K-on or Chu2koi?

if you can tolerate pointless fanservice then sure go watch Code Geass whenever you feel like it

And I don't recall THAT much pointless fanservice in Code Geass,

only very rarely with Karen.

I haven't watched Code Geass simply for the reason it's a mecha, however like i said i wanted something that'll cheer me up and i read that gurren laggan is a well put together shounen comedy with action and it has mecha so i figured it's just the right mixture of new elements and hilarity.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter as well as on Gurren Lagann. I plan on watching that at some point simply because people tell me it parodies and makes fun of the mecha genre (and I guess the shounen genre as well).

I don't remember if I mentioned it in an earlier post or not but I've been watching Tari Tari. Exactly my cup of tea.

Kind of mad I didn't watch it around the time it aired. It certainly would've been extremely relevant to me since I just started college at the time.

I plan on watching that at some point simply because people tell me it parodies and makes fun of the mecha genre (and I guess the shounen genre as well).

Actually it doesn't. That's a common mistake made by people who don't want to like robot anime for some reason.

TTGL is fun, really fun, but it's 100% serious on what it's doing. It's not a parody, it's a tribute. A tribute to the old super robot shows, Getter Robo being its main influence, but it also places itself in a very logic continuity of super robot anime of the early 2000s (see Mazinkaizer, New Getter Robo, Zegapain, Gaiking, etc...)

I'm starting to trail off after two sentences. Damn. 

I would consider all those if it wasn't for the fact i've watched them all already~ 

Though if i had to recommend anyone  a brighter show i'd pick one of those as well.

Finished Zero no Tsukaima so I'm moving on to season 2 and I have to say, it's slightly pissing me off the way they are turning Saito into a major league pervert these first few episodes.

Beware, it'll turn into a harem soon enough. Though Zero no Tsukaima is one of my favorite anime of all time, mainly because it was a first in pretty much everything and it  was what got me into anime itself but I can picture myself not liking it if i watched it for the first time now. It's still worthy of praise as it actually has some decent conclusion and no harem endings. Saito will get a grip eventually.

Beware, it'll turn into a harem soon enough. Though Zero no Tsukaima is one of my favorite anime of all time, mainly because it was a first in pretty much everything and it  was what got me into anime itself but I can picture myself not liking it if i watched it for the first time now. It's still worthy of praise as it actually has some decent conclusion and no harem endings. Saito will get a grip eventually.

Thank god, I was especially shocked in the first episode where it seemed like he was trying to hit on every girl in his sight,

even though he finally got Louise to accept him as an equal, more or less

Figured I should put that in spoilers, just in case

Thank god, I was especially shocked in the first episode where it seemed like he was trying to hit on every girl in his sight,

even though he finally got Louise to accept him as an equal, more or less

Figured I should put that in spoilers, just in case

Dont worry, their relationship are the main focus of the series and how it overcomes pretty much everything, if you like that type of romance you'll probably enjoy Zero no Tsukaima, even though Saito whores around sometimes he gets a grip eventually.

I've been watching Gurren Laggan since i've come from school.

I can't believe i haven't given it a try before. I feel like i'm a kid again watching explosions and robots, feels pretty nostalgic and at the same time it's awesome. This show gave me a better opinion on the mecha genre at least.

4 more episodes and then on to finishing Hidamari Sketch and watching Blood Lad.

Starting Kaze no Stigma now.

I remember that one. That was one of the first anime that I had ever watched, back when I would still would only watch english dubbed ones. From what I remember it was actually very enjoyable, though the ending left much to be desired

I remember that one. That was one of the first anime that I had ever watched, back when I would still would only watch english dubbed ones. From what I remember it was actually very enjoyable, though the ending left much to be desired

the original author died so i guess it couldnt b helped. but yea it was good.

I don't know how Kanon 2006 could cheer someone up, it's one of the anime I cried the most on lol.  >_>;;

I finished Ichigo Drop today.  It was very touching, I really liked it.

I also watched the Hanasaku Iroha : Home Sweet Home movie, which was very good, watched Ishida to Asakura, which was funny but not that great, and started House of Five Leaves.

Finished the Mardock Scramble Trilogy with the Third Exhaust just now. Disappointing, yet good. I feel like, that with a longer runtime, these 3 movies could have been incredible, but instead falls into the "good" category. Maybe there just wasn't enough to adapt from the novels, but not having read them, I don't know.  

I just finished Rozen Maiden (the old one).

Don't know how I let this one slip thru the cracks, it was great.

But at least now when I watch the newer one I should be more prepared.

I'm re-watching Mirai Shounen Conan which is a great adventure show, it's one of the oldest anime's I'm willing to watch--most 70's anime the art is intolerable for me but since this is Hayao Miyazaki it ends up looking really nice, actually.

I'm also watching the new Star Blazers--sorry--Space Battleship Yamato 2199 at my friend's house--he has the blu rays.

And I'm watching a show called Hentai Ouji to Warawarenai Neko, which is actually kind of not making a whole lot of sense, but I like it anyway, you can probably guess why.