What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

On 11/23/2017 at 1:51 AM, Akshay said:

Would you say its something like mushishi?

Something where you can enjoy an episode on occasion rather than something to binge?

Maybe. I watched a couple episodes of Mushishi once, but didn't get pulled in and never went back for more. Admittedly the topic is obviously similar, but I think the approach is very different, and my gut feel is that Mushishi is probably a much better show, even though I watched a lot less of it.

I have to say, that the longer it takes you to finish an anime, the more dear it becomes to you. That's my case with Code Geass. It's been just so long since i sarted watching it with my brother (the reason why it takes so long) and now after a bunch of months when i am reaching the end of 2nd season, i feel like i'll cry when i finish it, just because there won't be anything else to look forward to.

So it seems that getting your anime done in one night is rather anticlimatic and might make the anime more forgetable. 

That said, i think that Code Geass might endanger the number 1 anime spot, where i currently have Steins;Gate. 

I wonder why i only joined this thread now. Guess I'll share my opinions when i finish it.

Just now, Zidan209 said:

I have to say, that the longer it takes you to finish an anime, the more dear it becomes to you. That's my case with Code Geass. It's been just so long since i sarted watching it with my brother (the reason why it takes so long) and now after a bunch of months when i am reaching the end of 2nd season, i feel like i'll cry when i finish it, just because there won't be anything else to look forward to.

So it seems that getting your anime done in one night is rather anticlimatic and might make the anime more forgetable. 

That said, i think that Code Geass might endanger the number 1 anime spot, where i currently have Steins;Gate. 

I wonder why i only joined this thread now. Guess I'll share my opinions when i finish it.

Quite frankly, when it comes to anime, steins;gate doesn't fill the 1st place, that place is reserved for Black Lagoon.

Watching Ergo Proxy, i'm trying to deal with the headache that comes from me trying to understand the whole set, it's really nice and interesting, quite different from what we're showered with nowadays. 

41 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Quite frankly, when it comes to anime, steins;gate doesn't fill the 1st place, that place is reserved for Black Lagoon.

Thing is, i mostly rate purely on enjoyment. If something about the anime isn't outstandingly good or bad, then i don't consider it. I have rather many animes with 10/10 score, but Steins is the only one where they fit equal ammount of comedy and seriousness without making it bad. Which is not the main reason anyway, i'm just into timetravel sci-fi that much.

Just now, Zidan209 said:

Thing is, i mostly rate purely on enjoyment. If something about the anime isn't outstandingly good or bad, then i don't consider it. I have rather many animes with 10/10 score, but Steins is the only one where they fit equal ammount of comedy and seriousness without making it bad. Which is not the main reason anyway, i'm just into timetravel sci-fi that much.

Don't take me wrong, Steins;Gate is an amazing anime, and to this day it is still my favourite Visual Novel of all time, but as an anime, it has a lot of excellent competitions.

S;G is still one of the few animes i've rated 10/10. 

Just now, Zidan209 said:

And that, for me, is battle of wits theme. Which means Geass might end up being my favorite

Code Geass is amazing...but has a very high problem : a lot of the second season is forgettable and quite bad, frankly, but it still has one of the best endings ever made. 

1 minute ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Code Geass is amazing...but has a very high problem : a lot of the second season is forgettable and quite bad, frankly, but it still has one of the best endings ever made. 

Really? I like the 2nd season more than the first one. There's a lot more stuff happening

Edited by Zidan209

Just now, Zidan209 said:

Really? I like the 2nd season more than the first one. There's a lot more stuff happening

That depends on taste i think, but still, i like how all works.

Now...am i hyped for season 3? who knows, i shouldn't be skeptical, S;G 0 turned out to be great, Code Geass S3 can also be great, only time will tell us. 

10 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

That depends on taste i think, but still, i like how all works.

Now...am i hyped for season 3? who knows, i shouldn't be skeptical, S;G 0 turned out to be great, Code Geass S3 can also be great, only time will tell us. 

I would rather they dont make a season 3 unless they have put a lot of thought into it. I thought Code geass had one of the fitting endings ever. If they make a season 3 and it is not up to par, it will cheapen the whole franchise.

On another note, I just finished Magi. It blindsided me with how deep it was. A hidden gem disguised as a shounen.

2 hours ago, Akshay said:

I would rather they dont make a season 3 unless they have put a lot of thought into it. I thought Code geass had one of the fitting endings ever. If they make a season 3 and it is not up to par, it will cheapen the whole franchise.

On another note, I just finished Magi. It blindsided me with how deep it was. A hidden gem disguised as a shounen.

I both agree and disagree. I'm happy they are going for a third season, but history is certainly against them. If they make just the same +1, people will hate it as an unneeded continuation that takes value out of the original. If they change things too much so that it's smth new and different, people will dislike the change of style.

18 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Is it that good? While I have heard it mentioned here and there, it doesn't seem as renowned as a top-class anime.

Edited by Akshay

Finished the main episodes for Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya and overall I really liked it. I admit it's the comedy where it's at its best (with Type Moon being off the wall insane with its characters), though I did think of the dramatic parts the fight with Black Saber was the best of them, the drama for the finale felt a tad rushed in its start, basically it probably could have used a little more build up but the final fight was good...though Berserker looked weird not only without his sword but also in shifting between being a 2D animated character and CGI all throughout the fight <_<

So i had some free time and decided to watch a few anime series from the latest finished season, among the one i watched what stood out the most for me where:

Knights & Magic:

To put it simply, its about a very smart (genius) programmer who is a mech model lover, he is also a very nice guy, he ends up dying only to be reborn (with his past memories intact) in a fantasy world where mechs exists and are operated by magic, quickly he learns that using magic is very similar to programming and revolutionizes mech technology in that world, its very nice to see him getting lost in his passion but never being either stuck up or arrogant, always being there and wanting to help his friends cherishing them a grate deal as well. As for the other one:

Isekai Wa Smartphone Tomo Ni:

Another Isekai themed anime, but again with a nice protagonist, he is quite OP from the get to go, but again a pretty modest and nice type of guy, although his favorite magic  combat spell of use is certainly pretty funny:

What certainly sets this one apart is though that its a harem in the true sense of the word.

At least from what i've seen that there's left of the animes for this year, this two shows are probably going to be my top favorite. As for why that is... i dunno how to put it properly in words, watching them made me feel warm and fuzzy inside to be honest, in all honestly they really helped me feel upbeat and raise my spirits quite a lot.
Edited by Strike105X