What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

On 3/20/2016 at 10:01 PM, sub-zer0 said:

It was a good show, except the ending was a bit of a meh,but i guess they only did that because they only had enough time to air 12 episodes,and i would agree, Flamie is the better girl,I never really like the princess,

Reveal hidden contents

She was the first one I suspected from the bunch anyways,was fishy af,

Started Plastic memories, looking good so far, the tags on MAL kind of scared me a bit, drama+romance...I would normally kill myself than watch stuff like this...but thankfully its more interesting than the tags suggest

Echoing Flutterz, Plastic Memory had the potential to be a master piece. There was so much room for more food for thought.

I started the first episode of Koyomimonogatari the other day. Man, I'm glad I forgot this was a thing. I can watch without having to wait in between episodes for more.

On 3/22/2016 at 8:30 PM, Fred the Barber said:

I keep telling myself I'm going to watch the Monogatari series, one of these days. But probably not any time soon. Every time I think about it, I go look up the series to try to find the right starting point, and that alone makes my head start spinning.

Bakemonogatari
Nisemonogatari
Nekomonogatari: Kuro
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Hanamonogatari
Tsukimonogatari
Monogatari Series: Final Season (Otherwise known as Owarimonogatari)
Koyomimonogatari

In that order

On 3/22/2016 at 11:30 PM, Fred the Barber said:

I keep telling myself I'm going to watch the Monogatari series, one of these days. But probably not any time soon. Every time I think about it, I go look up the series to try to find the right starting point, and that alone makes my head start spinning.

That's what I kept thinking, but then I found a reddit post explaining the order, started watching Bakemonogatari and dropped it 2 episodes in because it's trash. :mare:

6 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

That's what I kept thinking, but then I found a reddit post explaining the order, started watching Bakemonogatari and dropped it 2 episodes in because it's trash. :mare:

ur waifu is trash

(one good thing about IPB4 is how it previews a part of the latest message in a thread, so that you don't miss too many hot takes in threads you don't often read)

9 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I don't normally check this thread, but when I do it's to tell people like you their taste is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Just now, Nosebleed said:

I don't normally check this thread, but when I do it's to tell people like you their taste is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I'm sorry I don't find a bunch of staplers falling out of a girl's skirt to be the epitome of humor :makina: 

Finished Rokka no Yuusha. That was a pretty solid first season, with an abnormal amount of plot resolution and character advancement for the kind of show it is. If there's not a second season, I might have to look into the light novels. Spoilers:

Spoiler

Ehhh, by the time we got there, the ending wasn't that surprising, but it was still a little saddening. It's always a shame to lose a cute one. And that replacement... *shiver*.

That done, I picked up Arakawa Under the Bridge and watched the first episode. On the one hand, it is hilarious. On the other hand, it is so weird. And on the third hand (yeah, I have three hands, deal with it), in spite of being weird, it is also very "normal" in a way that I find quite appealing.

I have been a long term fan of the DxD light novel. Got into it after watching the first season some odd years ago, then I picked up the light novel. Was feeling pretty down last night and needed a pick me up, so I started DxD Born after a hiatus from the series. Starting the show back up makes me want to buy the light novels for collections sake and print out the English TL'd to re-read/catch up. The story is really entertaining for me plus I get some boobs, win win.

1 hour ago, LiquidShu said:

I have been a long term fan of the DxD light novel. Got into it after watching the first season some odd years ago, then I picked up the light novel. Was feeling pretty down last night and needed a pick me up, so I started DxD Born after a hiatus from the series. Starting the show back up makes me want to buy the light novels for collections sake and print out the English TL'd to re-read/catch up. The story is really entertaining for me plus I get some boobs, win win.

I heard that the last season of dxd deviated more from the LNs annoying fans, but I really enjoyed it anyway, and I hear they're planning an OVA to put the story "back on track" to be in alignment with the LNs. Either way it's still a good fun watch, especially if you haven't read the LNs first.

Guys, if you don't stop talking about DxD soon, I'm going to end up watching it, and I'll only regret it afterwards. Especially when I keep watching all the subsequent seasons.

I have so much legit anime to watch. I haven't even seen Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso yet, as I was forcibly reminded yesterday when I was magnetically pulled to a Blu-ray copy of it on the show floor at SakuraCon and my wallet teleported into my hands. So now that's on the shelf waiting for me, next to F/SN UBW, Attack on Titan, Silver Spoon, and a dozen other highly-regarded shows.

And yet here I am right on the cusp of watching an oppai harem instead.

19 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Guys, if you don't stop talking about DxD soon, I'm going to end up watching it, and I'll only regret it afterwards. Especially when I keep watching all the subsequent seasons.

I have so much legit anime to watch. I haven't even seen Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso yet, as I was forcibly reminded yesterday when I was magnetically pulled to a Blu-ray copy of it on the show floor at SakuraCon and my wallet teleported into my hands. So now that's on the shelf waiting for me, next to F/SN UBW, Attack on Titan, Silver Spoon, and a dozen other highly-regarded shows.

And yet here I am right on the cusp of watching an oppai harem instead.

I honestly think DxD us better than the rest of the anime you listed. :makina:

Just do it. You won't regret it.

So I watched... six episodes, I think, of DxD? The first arc, basically. It's... kind of not good, at least not unless you watch it the way ittaku suggested. I will keep watching anyway, up through to the end, so hopefully it gets better (shows often do, so I'm not doubting you guys just yet). At any rate, I'm not good at switching off my brain entirely - if I'm getting neither intellectual nor emotional stimulation, it doesn't do much for me (and if I'm being honest with myself, the second one is a much bigger deal than the first one). So far, neither of those is happening.

I think the second season is the best overall, but yeah it gets better later on as Issei discovers more powers and more elements come into the story. As far as the formula goes though, it's either hate or love. I hope you do enjoy it in the end though, it's a really good series if you can get into it.