What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Finished SAO Aincrad arc / ep 14

I'll actually have to really, really consider Fred's advice now, 'cos man did they end it on such a feelsy note :kosame:

K I've decided. I'll still watch.

o7

ed: k, so, i don't know what all the warnings was all about, cuz ep. 15 is starting off super good, I'm seriously getting flashbacks to my worst rated anime Accel World where the latter half of the show was devoted to a jerkass plot-armored overpowered fodder villain who completely manhandles the protag(s) causing them to wallow in self-pity for god knows how long, I pray Kirito can get over this soon.

4 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished SAO Aincrad arc / ep 14

I'll actually have to really, really consider Fred's advice now, 'cos man did they end it on such a feelsy note :kosame:

K I've decided. I'll still watch.

o7

Have fun with flying, big-titted elves and the damsel in distress trope  :makina:

1 hour ago, Fred the Barber said:

I gave up on Guilty Crown after one episode despite being enormously hyped because of the music. It just completely failed to grab me. Sometimes I think I should give it another chance, but then I read statements like the above and decide I made the right call.

I agree, kinda dropped it at ep.4 had other things to do you know, although the OP was one of the best i've heard so i'd be willing to give it another look someday.

7 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Finished Amagi Brilliant Park (the 12 episodes of the main series, not episode 13 or the OVA). That was pretty damn good. It's a matter of personal taste that I would've preferred to see a nice romance between Kamie and Sento, which I'm guessing is the main reason why @ittaku mentioned he'd like to see a sequel, but despite wanting that romantic closure I felt like the show did a great job of completing everything it set out to. Overall I'm very happy with it; typical superb KyoAni quality. And if they did make a sequel (it seems like the light novels are ongoing, so they certainly could), I wouldn't hesitate to watch. The only time I've been dissatisfied watching a KyoAni anime was when they tried to write their own story in Tamako Market. I should really get around to watching the others I've missed like Sound! Euphonium.

Also, I just read on Wikipedia that Kanie's name was inspired by Kanye West. It makes such perfect sense that I almost can't believe I didn't think of it before.

Amaburi is probably better off as a slice of life comedy than as a romance. Mainly because KyoAni sucks at making decent romances (you just get a half assed non closure ending every time, and you'll never get a kiss scene). 

As for Euphonium, I think you should really give it a go because it's a show that actually showcases KyoAni's capabilities instead of being another half decent romcom. It was probably one of my favorites when it was airing and I was always hyped to wait another week for the next episode. But don't expect romance or some big overarching plot, it's all about the characters and their relationships.

SAO II is really good. People will most likely dislike the mini arc in between the two halves of SAO II but I don't see how people can have a problem with the second half of SAO II. The second half of SAO on the other hand... lets just say as someone who read the LNs first, even the volumes it was adapted from were kind of mediocre.

With regards to Guilty Crown: I've been told time and time again if I don't like Inori A LOT after the first few episodes, I should stop watching it. Which I guess is just more confirmation that the show wasted its potential. Knowing me though, I'll probably like Inori enough to continue and subsequently regret my decision.

Yeah, I really should get on that Amagi Brilliant Park train. It's been awhile since I watched a good KyoAni show (Tamako Market and Kyoukai no Kanata though... :makina: ). Haven't seen Euphonium yet so maybe KyoAni has been doing better lately?

6 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Amaburi is probably better off as a slice of life comedy than as a romance. Mainly because KyoAni sucks at making decent romances (you just get a half assed non closure ending every time, and you'll never get a kiss scene). 

As for Euphonium, I think you should really give it a go because it's a show that actually showcases KyoAni's capabilities instead of being another half decent romcom. It was probably one of my favorites when it was airing and I was always hyped to wait another week for the next episode. But don't expect romance or some big overarching plot, it's all about the characters and their relationships.

Cool, thanks for this. I learned from watching K-On! that if it's done well, a character-focused show is perfectly fine with me, so that should be fine. I have to agree that KyoAni doesn't do closure on romances especially well, but it doesn't stop me from wishing for them to learn how :D

Finished SAO

It wasn't a disaster or anything, but yeah, second half definitely lacked the charm that the first half did.

w.e, in the end I got a pretty good romance out of this shit, so I'm satisfied. 

Now I can shoot myself in the foot further by playing Hollow Fragment that's been collecting dust on my Vita ^_^ 

Sbqs5tK.jpg (1257×713)

2 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished SAO

It wasn't a disaster or anything, but yeah, second half definitely lacked the charm that the first half did.

Now I can shoot myself in the foot further by playing Hollow Fragment that's been collecting dust on my Vita ^_^ 

Hidden Content

Hollow fragment is really good. It´s taken over 100 hours of my time already :miyako: 

If you liked the anime you´ll love the game. 

(Did you cry as much as I did at the end of arc IV? :kosame: ) 

5 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Finished SAO

Hidden Content

How'd you like the random tentacle monsters and

the utter gutting of what made Asuna so refreshing, the "I can do shit on my own" attitude?

9 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Hollow fragment is really good. It´s taken over 100 hours of my time already :miyako: 

If you liked the anime you´ll love the game. 

(Did you cry as much as I did at the end of arc IV? :kosame: ) 

Good to hear at least one person say something good about Hollow Fragment ^_^

Ummm Arc IV?!@# sorry, by second half, I meant SAO S1's second half, so it was the Arc 2 ALFheim one

I'll pick up SAO S2 sometime down the road. My sister saw me watching S1 and was like "it's better than S2!@#" soo 

Backlog.

2 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

OMG SHE FKING GOT FODDER-DIZED SOOOOOO HARD, IT HURT SO MUCH TO WATCH ._.

That's when I decided I just didn't give a shit about SOA anymore.  Screw Kirito, screw Asuna, I seriously don't care what happens after the second arc at all.  The anime jumped the shark and ruined one of the main reasons I was interested in it.  They didn't take advantage of the setting, the plot was largely uninteresting, and they ruined Asuna.  That's why I think of it as mediocre, and cringe whenever someone calls it "the best anime ever".

Just now, Zenophilious said:

That's when I decided I just didn't give a shit about SOA anymore.  Screw Kirito, screw Asuna, I seriously don't care what happens after the second arc at all.  The anime jumped the shark and ruined one of the main reasons I was interested in it.  They didn't take advantage of the setting, the plot was largely uninteresting, and they ruined Asuna.  That's why I think of it as mediocre, and cringe whenever someone calls it "the best anime ever".

Amen

Y'know that one thing LoL Scarra likes to say, "Right until they lose the game, they are winning"

Well, "Right until SAO becomes utter trash (Ep15), it's the best anime ever"

10 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Good to hear at least one person say something good about Hollow Fragment ^_^

Ummm Arc IV?!@# sorry, by second half, I meant SAO S1's second half, so it was the Arc 2 ALFheim one

I'll pick up SAO S2 sometime down the road. My sister saw me watching S1 and was like "it's better than S2!@#" soo 

Backlog.

I honestly love the game.

As for arc III and IV, it´s pretty good, despite what people might say :wahaha: 

7 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

Well, "Right until SAO becomes utter trash (Ep15), it's the best anime ever"

Ehhhh...I thought it was a decent semi-serious fantasy anime with a light ecchi focus, but I never thought of it being anywhere near "best anime ever".  Anything past "good" goes a little too far, IMO.  Fate/Zero (and Unlimited Blade Works), Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill are much better than SAO, IMO.

Currently watching Amagi Brilliant Park. I've thought this could be something I'd enjoy for a while now - it's time to confirm it.

Edit1: Yes! Non-moronic reaction to a girl inside your bathroom. You do not stop and gape. You are not left petrified. You do not start spouting nonsense. You immediately close the door and that's that.

Watched 5 episodes in a row of CardCaptor Sakura, didn't get the robust card catching action in ep.16 and ep.18, which was kinda disappointing!:( Though loved the episodes which introduced Meiling, I like here already.:lol:

BTY

11 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Yes! Non-moronic reaction to a girl inside your bathroom. You do not stop and gape. You are not left petrified. You do not start spouting nonsense. You immediately close the door and that's that.

Aw, but were's the fun in that, most anime comedy gold is built on moronic reactions to pervy stuff.:wahaha:

11 hours ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Currently watching Amagi Brilliant Park. I've thought this could be something I'd enjoy for a while now - it's time to confirm it.

Edit1: Yes! Non-moronic reaction to a girl inside your bathroom. You do not stop and gape. You are not left petrified. You do not start spouting nonsense. You immediately close the door and that's that.

That shit was on my backlog when I first started watching anime last year, let me know how it goes ^_^